to facepalm

Re: Rebuild Time Is Upon Me

Pics! We want pics!

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

1 recommendation

facepalm

This is it so far. Not real happy with my cable management, but airflow is good. I'll post more as soon as I can.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Looks like the exact same case my HTPC has.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to facepalm

Premium Member

to facepalm
Looks really nice props on the upgrade.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to facepalm

Premium Member

to facepalm
Oh man, route some of the cables behind the motherboard tray. Ouch.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Haha, yeah that's what I did also. I routed the 4pin power cord behind the MB, along with some fan wires, etc.

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Oh, I hear you. It's driving me nuts. In reading the reviews on that case, some people rated it a little lower because they felt it needed more room for cable management. I understand now, but for what it cost me ($50), I have little to complain about. lol

It looks a lot better with the case side back on. I'm glad I didn't get one with the window on the side. Out of sight out of mind.

Next time I'll get a modular power supply and put more thought into the case. All in all, it's a helluva lot better than what we had to work with the last time I built one.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I *just* built a nearly identical computer.

»Re: Gaming build for teenager

I'll go wrest it away from the kid long enough to take pictures to give you an idea of what I did for cable management.

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

I cleaned it up a bit. I still have another hard drive and a media card reader coming, so I'll finish it up after installing those. I apologize for picture quality.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Much nicer dude.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to facepalm

to facepalm
basically looks like my system!

very nice

just built my wife a new machine last night:

Rosewill U3 gaming case
530W modular PSU
24x dvd burner
a8-3850 quad core amd apu (2.9ghz, cpu+gpu)
ddr3 1600 8gb
1tb, 6gb/s, 64mb cache, 7200rpm hdd
usb 3.0, atx mobo, 6gb/s sata, fm1
Win 7 oem

$460
TheThing

TheThing to facepalm

to facepalm
The plastic locking mechanism on that case is garbage for the DVD

I wouldnt trust it, especially when moving

i removed all of those platic pieces and screwed in the dvd manually

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

They did send some nice black screws with the case. So far no issues, but I'll no doubt swap them out in due time.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to facepalm

Premium Member

to facepalm
Looks beatiful, now I want to build one myself.

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

said by Jobbie:

Looks beatiful, now I want to build one myself.

Thanks. It was really easy and I had a blast doing it. I'm very satisfied with the rig, but I continue to tweak on it.

I've decided it needs "better" case fans that can be controlled from the motherboard. Two of the case fans that came with it had molex connectors that would require adapters and cable extensions to hook up properly. Cost for new fans was about the same as all that crap. This gave me an opportunity to get quieter fans with cool looking blue LEDs. lol.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

How's the airflow in that case. The processor cooler looked like it negates a lot of the air leaving out the top

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

Air flow is impressive, even out the top. The front and rear panels are mostly stamped mesh and the left side panel is about 25% mesh. There is a 120mm fan in lower front (intake), a 120mm fan in upper rear (output), and a 140mm fan directly above CPU on top of case (output). The power supply fan pulls from bottom rear through a filter. There are 2 spots on left panel for additional 120mm fans, but if you use a big ass CPU heat sink (like me) you intrude on the available space for one of them, effectively eliminating it.
facepalm

facepalm

Just a quick update. I replaced the 3 stock Rosewill case fans (2 had Molex connectors) with Cooler Master 3-pin fans. Now all the fans are controlled off the motherboard and I'm much happier. These fans are much quieter and easily a step up in fabrication quality.