spc
uniqs
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to openbox9

to openbox9

Re: Key Phrase

If they have to have it and they spend more to get it, then they perceive value, right? (Refer to your statement that "most see nothing of perceived value".)

The value may be nothing more than a fashion statement but in their mind it's value. Similar, IMO, to the folks lining up outside stores this past Monday to get an iPhone 5 this coming Friday. They could buy an Android and get what the iPhone 5 offers without holding their piss all day to keep their place in line.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

Even though I said nothing about perceived value, one can argue that consumers perceive value in just about anything they purchase. My point is that due to the psychological benefit of marketing FiOS as superior, Verizon likely snags several customers that won't notice a difference between FiOS and a competitor's service, even if the tangible difference in quality services is negligible. Marketing is a powerful weapon.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

My mistake. I misinterpreted an earlier statement "I said nothing of perceived value." You were clarifying that you did not say this and I thought otherwise.