share rss forum feed

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
reply to Metatron2008

Re: Yet another revision of the PS3 surfaces

Well, it's kind of hard to look at other options when they basically are the only line of stores that even accept used games and accessories.

Even here where I currently live, I'll find about five gamestop locations before I'll find a single pawn shop that would even deal in any video game systems, games, or accessories.

What makes it all the more depressing, was that I do know of a better store that handles this stuff much more responsibly, and with much better policies, than GameFailstop. Problem is, they're on the other side of the country.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to danawhitaker
said by danawhitaker:

I do think that at the very least, memory cards and peripherals for the last generation console should still be made available for a considerable length of time, and existing games should still be sold. Gamestop (evil as they may be) does a great job of this with their used game market, supporting one generation behind what's currently on the market.

I think there is no reason (besides more sales duh) why the storage needs to change at all between versions of the consoles. Why should I have to buy a new memory card for my new console which usually costs another $30-$40 or so? (just answered that) If it were compatible with previous memory cards, you would still sell memory cards for $30 - $40, because that card will eventually fill up, and you will want another. Sell the gamer the 32GB model vs the 4GB they had before! ooooh more space! Not some completely new version. That's where I get annoyed at it.

Back to your analogy of the PC/console bit. You're right, you build a rig, and the sucker is generally obsolete a year later, you need more RAM, a better video card, etc. to keep current. My current system cost me $600 when I got it, and since having it (4-5 years now) I've added better video cards to it. It's true, we expect more "life" out of a console, since it's sole purpose is gaming, whereas your computer does more things. But that is changing with more integration on home consoles to do multiple things. (play bluray, netflix, etc)

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
reply to C0deZer0
ebay?

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

1 edit
said by Metatron2008:

ebay?

Oh yes, and spend $1000 on a "new" 60GB PS3 and then it arrives to be a ps3 box with a couple of cinder blocks inside or something. I don't think so.

**EDIT**

Funny... same day I post this, and now my PSP Go won't charge from either the USB cable it came with, nor from the official Sony cradle/dock made for the thing.

And the amount of broken to intact PSP's on eBay for that matter is pretty telling in its own right.
--
Because, f*ck Sony