spc
Search similar:

uniqs

NADAWII
@rogers.com

NADAWII

Anon

[Serious] MY neigbour is throwing garbage on her front lawn

Help my neigbour throws her old barbecues, that are all broken up in her front lawn, so close to mine, I am in a semi, so we are attached..!
She leaves it there for weeks and I get so mad when some of it is on my lawn so I push it back on hers. Guess what she gets mad when I do that and puts it back on mine!!!
She is very hard to speak to she is crazy just yells!
I spoke to the City of Mississauga, nothing has been done!
HELP! What do I do?

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Talking to the city is all you can do without provoking more confrontation.

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam

Take pictures every time it happens, then open a complaint with the city.

Region of Peel Garbage By-law 80-96
Property Standards By-law 654-98
Riplin
join:2002-05-13
canada

Riplin to NADAWII

to NADAWII
have your dog poop on her doorstep

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to NADAWII

Premium Member

to NADAWII
I put a BBQ in front of the house, somebody will take it for the scrap value.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

There are so many of these scrap collectors now that whenever i put some sort of metal scrap to the curb, its gone the same day...

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

said by elwoodblues:

There are so many of these scrap collectors now that whenever i put some sort of metal scrap to the curb, its gone the same day...

You want a laugh a, few years ago my winter beater of a bike sheared at the post holder. I left at the bottom of my driveway, neighbour calls and says you left your bike out.. Yeah, I want someone to take it.

No takers, so the kid next door takes it, saying he can weld it at school, leaves it at the very top of this driveway (hidden from the street) and someone takes it!

Go figure that one out.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by elwoodblues:

Go figure that one out.

Just did. Toronto.
buttaknife
join:2007-06-01

buttaknife to NADAWII

to NADAWII
Yea in Toronto they are pretty stalker-ish. We were bringing out some old appliances in the backyard to load up and some scrap metal guys come between the tight space in the houses to ask if we wanted them to take it for scrap. Seriously, into our backyard.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie00 to NADAWII

Premium Member

to NADAWII
When I lived in Toronto I would put out all kinds of stuff on the curb and it usually disappeared within hours -- a broken ancient (and very heavy) microwave, old TV's, furniture, etc. etc. When I moved I had the movers put out a beautiful but very old Sony console TV, a functional but ancient portable dishwasher out of the basement that had not been used in 20 years, and lots of other stuff. It was all gone the next time I was back at the house to do some cleanup.

I doubt that it's the same here in the burbs. I did put out a sofa once and someone actually came to the door to ask if it was OK to take it.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I put out a 5 Disc CD player that had long ceased working.
It rained for 3 days, the 4th day it was gone.

If it's on the curb/Sidewalk they'll take it. Including my lawn mower!!!! And I was in the backyard at the time getting gas.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
TP-Link Archer C7
Technicolor DCM476
Grandstream HT701

Mike2009 to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by elwoodblues:

Same here.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

Dustyn to NADAWII

Premium Member

to NADAWII
Is this a normal thing.. to be throwing out busted barbecue(s)? Seems to me like this would be something that would occur pretty seldom at best. I mean, how many barbecues does one need... and why hang on to it for that length of time?
Dustyn

Dustyn to Riplin

Premium Member

to Riplin
said by Riplin:

have your dog poop on her doorstep

You just resolved the situation completely!
But then,...I would have chosen a horse for said task.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
Anything I leave on the street here is usually gone within 4 hours or so. Doesn't matter what it is. If it isn't in a garbage bag or bin, it's gone.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn

Premium Member

said by J E F F4:

Anything I leave on the street here is usually gone within 4 hours or so. Doesn't matter what it is. If it isn't in a garbage bag or bin, it's gone.

How about actinide transuranic radioactive metal? Or is there a special pick up day for that?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Dustyn

Premium Member

to Dustyn
said by Dustyn:

Is this a normal thing.. to be throwing out busted barbecue(s)? Seems to me like this would be something that would occur pretty seldom at best. I mean, how many barbecues does one need... and why hang on to it for that length of time?

Last one lasted me 10yrs before I sprung for the Weber.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to Dustyn

Premium Member

to Dustyn
said by Dustyn:

said by J E F F4:

How about actinide transuranic radioactive metal? Or is there a special pick up day for that?

Special pick-up for hazardous waste as long as it is none nuclear explosive in nature.

digitalfutur
Sees More Than Shown
Premium Member
join:2000-07-15
GTA

digitalfutur to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
And quickly too.

I curbed an old BBQ a couple of months ago. It was gone within 20 minutes, but not all at once, LOL. First guy took the cover only, (it had stainless steel on it), 2nd guy took the grate and the burners, while the 3rd guy got the rest.

Tomorrow I'm putting out a 20 year-old dehumidifer, all steel construction, probably won't last an hour.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to NADAWII

Premium Member

to NADAWII
said by NADAWII :

Help my neigbour throws her old barbecues, that are all broken up in her front lawn

How often is this woman replacing her barbecue?

Unless this word means something different in Canada....

I mean, someone once told me that they were feeling better because they were no longer eating shark meat. To which I asked, "How the hell much shark meat were you eating to begin with?"

Something smells here, and it ain't the short ribs....
said by NADAWII :

Help my neigbour throws her old barbecues, that are all broken up in her front lawn

At least it's not an abandoned car or boat.
said by NADAWII :

Put up signs at local stores that say "free scrap" and list her address.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to NADAWII

Premium Member

to NADAWII
Can I get your address?

There's good money in scrap, and I'd be happy to help both you and your neighbor out here...

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to NADAWII

Premium Member

to NADAWII
Use Craigslist under the free category. I used to work with a guy who would look at it daily.