Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2
reply to Metatron2008

Re: Still WAY behind Verizon

No, AT&T has way more HSPA+ than Verizon does LTE nationally, even more so around here. AT&T upgraded all of their 3G UMTS footprint to that, which they really got off their asses expanding a couple years ago. Closest Verizon LTE is Springfield and Albany, NY area to me. AT&T blankets my whole county and most counties here in MA with HSPA+. Now if you were to say Verizon has way more LTE than AT&T, that would be true. In my case, HSPA+ is way better than being stuck on EvDO around my home area, plus AT&T has way less coverage gaps in MA, real world tests with both. AT&T is second place with lye though and it is fast! I will take a fallback to hspa+ in the non-covered areas over EvDO, especially since my area is not lye for either. As to EDGE, that is only in the real boondocks where many fail to mention that VZ drops to 1xRTT. You wouldn't know it with Sprint because their newer phones are programmed to lie and say 3G in 1x areas. Those areas are few and far between now
--
A fool thinks they know everything.

A wise person knows enough to know they couldn't possibly know everything.

There are zealots for every OS, like every religion. They do not represent the majority of users for either.

EvelKub
Kitty is crazy
Premium
join:2002-03-17
Mesa, AZ
This news article on news.vzw.com shows that you have LTE service in Lanesboro, MA, where your profile shows you are..

»news.verizonwireless.com/news/20···5ae.html

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2
My test with friend's phone was pretty recent, but I will have to give it a run again. Thanks for the info. Curious if maybe they lit my town up a bit late or maybe don't cover my side. If it's the former, might be time to trade in my EvDO hotspot for an lte one. I live on the Hancock border side(Hancock is not listed), which is pretty deep in the woods. I feel lucky to even get HSPA+, but LTE would be great. Lanesboro has sparse population, but covers a decent area. Main roads are rt7 and 8, both of which I am kind of far from, but the fact New Ashford is lit up sounds promising(not too far from there). Only way I get real broadband is with a little help from my friends hosting wireless backhaul links for me(main link and 1 repeater closer to me to aim the signal over the trees down to me).
--
A fool thinks they know everything.

A wise person knows enough to know they couldn't possibly know everything.

There are zealots for every OS, like every religion. They do not represent the majority of users for either.

EvelKub
Kitty is crazy
Premium
join:2002-03-17
Mesa, AZ
Verizon is planning to launch heavy in Rural areas to offer Home Fusion... I recently visited my family in Ohio and was actually quite surprised how far outside of town the LTE signal went... »www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/home···/main.do

If you prefer a regular data card and are still outside their range, you could get one of these... They are highly rated, and have worked well for me when I'm far out from the city.
»www.wilsonelectronics.com/store/···eek-4g-v