join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
reply to deke40

Re: 1700 Miles On A Tank

I think they might be underestimating the mileage. My un-chipped 5.9 got 19 MPG on the highway, about 16 loaded.
Guys are reporting the new 6.7 gets around 17-18 MPG.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

boogi man

join:2001-11-13
Jacksonville, FL
kudos:1
on that note i've heard that guys are getting way way better mileage and power with chips intake and exhaust mods without hurting reliability much if any.

friend has an 03 duramax that with intake exhaust and chip is seeing 30mpg in town no load.

another guy i know has an 04? powerstroke that is making huge power and getting 40+ no load mpg. the powerstroke is heavily modified though.
--
my site

nunya
LXI 483
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
I think they might be over exaggerating things a little (men over exaggerating?). Chipped, I could get 22-23 MPG on the econ setting on the highway. You definitely lose some power though. If you are cruising across Kansas or Texas, that doesn't matter much.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
reply to boogi man
I wouldn't put too much faith in what they are telling you. You can get some excellent mileage with a diesel, but they are telling you they are nearly tripling it with some modifications? Physics makes that unlikely.

boogi man

join:2001-11-13
Jacksonville, FL
kudos:1
the ford guy yeah im sure you're probably right. the one with the chevy on the other hand i've driven it myself and watched the numbers. it's real. again these are the 3/4 ton trucks with no load.

in either case once you get clear of the epa there is better power and mileage available in nearly every single piston powered engine out there.
--
my site