how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tarheel72

join:2005-12-18
Plano, TX

NFL Network online

I will be out of town tomorrow night and wanted to watch the NFL Thursday night game on the NFL Network. I checked online and read where I could watch the channel live on the Internet if I had FiOS and subscribed to the NFL Network channel, but when I go to the Verizon website that shows online content there is no NFL Channel listed. What am I missing here? How do I watch it live on my computer?

Thanks
--
Go Heels!

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

I don't know for sure, but you may need to go to the NFL Network website and see if there is a way to login from there. I know that's how HBO GO works.

Tarheel72

Plano, TX
reply to Tarheel72

I will check it out but for HBO and others I have always clicked the link on the Verizon webpage and signed in from there. Also they have logos of all of the networks available on the Verizon page but NFL Networks is nowhere to be found. Maybe they don't do it anymore.

I will check the NFL Network page.
--
Go Heels!

Tarheel72

Plano, TX
reply to Tarheel72

OK I checked the NFL Network webpage. I searched for Verizon and it takes me to a page related to Verizon Wireless. If you have an iPhone or a Google Android and Verizon Wireless you can download a NFL Network app for free that allows you to watch videos, replays and such. If you become a premium member then you can watch live games, including ESPN NFL games. No mention of FiOS anywhere. If I do a search for FiOS or Verizon FiOS, no hits. Just the wireless stuff.

I am getting the feeling that it is not available anymore, if it ever was. Is there anybody with any experience with this?
--
Go Heels!

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Tarheel72

NBC and ESPN games are available online through nbcsports.com and watchespn.com (only on computers, no tablets or phones.) For phones and tablets, these games are only available on Verizon Wireless.

CBS and Fox games are only available online through DirecTV Sunday Ticket Max.

NFL Network games are only available online through Verizon Wireless mobile devices.

NFL Network does provide an online stream, but it is a studio talk/analysis show with occasional live look-ins of the game.

Your best shot of watching the game tonight is by using an unauthorized streaming site. Unless you want to sign up for Verizon Wireless in the next couple of hours.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

1 edit

said by UnnDunn:

NBC and ESPN games are available online through nbcsports.com and watchespn.com (only on computers, no tablets or phones.) For phones and tablets, these games are only available on Verizon Wireless.

Not so. I use the ESPN live streaming app on my Nook Tablet over WiFi (and my PC using the web browser to access watchespn.com for that matter) all of the time.

xocsucram

join:2008-10-02

1 edit
reply to Tarheel72

»www.nfl.com/tnf/popup?icampaign=TNF_GC_Alert

the coverage is considered secondary to the real feed, alot of the game feed is supplimented with studio commentary. expect to be pissed off with knowing a late 4th quarter drive is going on but you're looking at a sideline reporter as the game is being played behind him and he gives a half-assed play by play.

or get nfl rewind for 39$ and the full game will be up within an hour or so after completion, with all commercials cut out, and the condensed version with all plays in about 30min, along with all the other games for the season

Tarheel72

Plano, TX
reply to Tarheel72

Appreciate the responses. I figured out it was not possible but got lucky and the hotel had NFL Network on their channel lineup. Was a surprise to me. Than the game was a run away.

And I also watch ESPN on my iPhone all the time. Some Saturdays I have my phone watching a ESPN3 game and the TV on another. Some games on regular ESPN channels are blacked out in my area when I try to watch on my iPhone, so I guess it will only show what is airing on my FiOS feed, and it reads my location and blacks out games accordingly.
--
Go Heels!

UnnDunn
Premium
Brooklyn, NY

MNF on ESPN will be blacked out on your iPhone. Verizon has the exclusive.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

said by UnnDunn:

MNF on ESPN will be blacked out on your iPhone. Verizon has the exclusive.

Doesn't Verizon sell the iPhone?

UofMiamiGrad
Premium
join:2001-02-03
Great Neck, NY

1 edit
reply to Tarheel72

»nflnonline.nfl.com/nflno/

No mobile app though.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to Tarheel72

Thanks for the link.
It let me sign in with my Verizon account and watch NFLN.

You can only access live games on a Verizon iPhone.
The ESPN app on the AT&T iPhone says the MNF games are restricted.
On the iPad I am able to access MNF games.

coolguy23

join:2008-09-10
Rowlett, TX
reply to UofMiamiGrad

Thanks for the link! How do you find the link from nfl.com? Couldn't find how to get to it... It looks like Verizon is the only provider that lets you have online access for now.

But this is awesome! It gives you online access to NFL network and NFL Red Zone. And it lets you rewind back on both channels like a DVR. On NFL Network I was able to go back to 9 pm on Saturday when it was currently 5 pm on Sunday..

And on NFL red zone it allowed me to go back to the beginning of the broadcast at 11 am. Thanks again for the link!

Kingscup

join:2006-03-01
reply to Tarheel72

You can also use a Slingbox. Watch your home TV over the internet.

»www.slingbox.com

UnnDunn
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
reply to UofMiamiGrad

said by UofMiamiGrad:

No mobile app though.

Wow, that's awesome. Bookmarked.

dmodert66

join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA
reply to UofMiamiGrad

said by UofMiamiGrad:

No mobile app though.

Thanks for the link. May come in handy. I normally use my Slingbox (which looks awesome on my phone and tablet, wifi or 4g), but you never know when things might "break".

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

When I go the page it says the only provider is Optimum.
»nflnonline.nfl.com

Is everyone else noticing the same thing?

djoropallo

join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

I only see Optimum also, which is funny since they just started showing the NFL Network this year at the start of the season. They resisted for years, but resistance is futile...

PJL

Long Beach, CA
reply to icemannyr1

said by icemannyr1:

»nflnonline.nfl.com

I just clicked on your link and the NFL network loaded automatically. I got the live TV stream (although it was about 20 seconds behind the FiOS live feed). I believe I didn't have to log on separately because I had successfully created a cookie to open CNN.com online by logging into My Verizon, Online TV.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by PJL:

said by icemannyr1:

»nflnonline.nfl.com

I didn't have to log on separately because I had successfully created a cookie to open CNN.com online by logging into My Verizon, Online TV.

I just verified the exact scenario. Couldn't log in, showed only Optimum. Logged into CNN live via verizon, and then nfl authenticated ok.
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

PJL

Long Beach, CA

Glad it worked for you. Verizon doesn't have a stellar track record when it comes to its partner account logon process and how the Verizon websites do or do not create the correct cookie. I was plagued with the never ending popup request to install the Google toolbar and reverting to me living in New York instead of California (cookies issues). The recent upgrade to the MyVerizon and Verizon forum sites finally fixed these problems. I'm holding my breath hoping they don't come back.

thetick

join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

said by PJL:

Verizon doesn't have a stellar track record when it comes to its partner account logon process and how the Verizon websites do or do not create the correct cookie. I was plagued with the never ending popup request to install the Google toolbar and reverting to me living in New York instead of California (cookies issues). The recent upgrade to the MyVerizon and Verizon forum sites finally fixed these problems. I'm holding my breath hoping they don't come back.

That is funny. At CNN on-line the local weather forecast shows the west coast. I'm in the NYC DMA. The NFL Authorization fails for me , but the NFL Network works fine with my FIOS TV..Argh Any clue who to even contact at Verizon? I'm almost sure the clueless CSR will just say it's not supported to close the call.

crgauth

join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

If you have twitter, contact @verizonsupport. They were able to help me out when I had the same issue. And rather quickly.