how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MOWAA

join:2010-03-25
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Need spare key for a Westell dtwa528-04 on ATT Florida

Hey could anyone recommend and supply shops that sell the spare keys to the Westell dtwa528-04

We have a PRI' comming into our facility from ATT in Florida and want to lock up the box, I called the Tech who installed it but he said he hasn't seen a key for one of those boxes in ages..

Any techs out there know where Westell sells them?

Thanks!

NetFixer
Bah Humbug
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by MOWAA:

Hey could anyone recommend and supply shops that sell the spare keys to the Westell dtwa528-04

We have a PRI' comming into our facility from ATT in Florida and want to lock up the box, I called the Tech who installed it but he said he hasn't seen a key for one of those boxes in ages..

Any techs out there know where Westell sells them?

Thanks!

My Westell NIU key is not for sale, but have you tried going to »www.westell.com/buy to either contact Westell directly or look at their distributor list?
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

MOWAA

join:2010-03-25
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thanks.. yeah our CEO sent a request to westell for a distrubitor for the keys, waiting on a reply its already been a week.

Since the NIU boxes are sold online I was hoping someone had a vendor they could recommend..

Worst case i'll take the lock off and put a custom one on.

Thanks

NetFixer
Bah Humbug
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

1 edit
I guess that direct CEO to CEO communications is one way to get the information, but Westell's list of official distributors is not a big secret (they do after all want to sell their products).

As for a personal recommendation, the only distributor in that official list that I have used is GraybaR, and I have never had a problem when dealing with them. OTOH, in this particular case I suspect that whomever you find who can (or will) supply the NIU key by itself, will have to special order it; I would be very surprised if any distributor had them in stock.

Just out of curiosity, what is the reason for concern about locking the NIU cabinet? Anyone with physical access to that box can easily disrupt your circuit(s) by just unplugging (or cutting) the cat5 cable(s). And a well placed kick or a hammer blow would pretty much demolish the flimsy sheet metal case (and the interface cards inside).
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.