Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to jaberi

Re: Which one?

To be fair, the fact that BB10 isn't out is the biggest reason it's not an option. If you can't get it, you have to get something else.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by Guspaz:

To be fair, the fact that BB10 isn't out is the biggest reason it's not an option. If you can't get it, you have to get something else.

And that in itself is a completely valid argument to make, but one shouldn't be making claims about dead-end niche platforms when the product hasn't even had a chance to prove itself in the market.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

I already outlined why I think the BB10 will be a hit, if it's competitively priced, the "kids" will jump at a decent priced touch screen phone they can BBM with.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by elwoodblues:

I already outlined why I think the BB10 will be a hit, if it's competitively priced, the "kids" will jump at a decent priced touch screen phone they can BBM with.

... and BB10's multitasking capabilities are so far and away better than anything iOS or Android can do that it will most likely be a far better OS overall than anything on the market right now.

The real question is whether RIM can market it. If they can, they won't be going away any time soon. One must also remember that all it takes is one product screwup by anyone else - be it Apple, Samsung, Google, whoever - that the entire dynamic can change and a company can find themselves going from the top to the bottom very fast, as RIM already has learned.