Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor

Re: Borderlands 2

said by Goggalor:

The gun sound effects, I will give to you, but the rest of Metro 2033 was just plain awesome.

I can hardly wait to try that now that I have a decent video card, I bought it years ago on special, but I had a 9800GTX so I put it down thinking I'd miss out.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

said by Goggalor:

The gun sound effects, I will give to you, but the rest of Metro 2033 was just plain awesome.

I can hardly wait to try that now that I have a decent video card, I bought it years ago on special, but I had a 9800GTX so I put it down thinking I'd miss out.

It is only about 8 hours, but I really liked the story and the atmosphere of the game.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

said by Goggalor:

Don't get your hopes up. That game with full physics enabled on ultra settings will bring even most top end GPUs to their knees.

If I remember correctly, Metro is one of the most hardware intensive games out there at the moment.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
I looked pretty cool, I did the first chapter and found it very intense... so I'm looking forward to giving it a go again.
El Quintron

El Quintron to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Don't get your hopes up. That game with full physics enabled on ultra settings will bring even most top end GPUs to their knees.

If I remember correctly, Metro is one of the most hardware intensive games out there at the moment.

That's excellent, I did a couple of upgrades in the last six months so I want to my new setup to the test, I'll try and max it out and work my way down.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

said by Ghastlyone:

That's excellent, I did a couple of upgrades in the last six months so I want to my new setup to the test, I'll try and max it out and work my way down.

Yeah its a great bench mark type game to run. Even with my setup, I think I was only getting 30-40fps. The game looks fuckin badass though.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

I'm gonna be running a 3770 + GTX670 so I'm hoping it'll be decent... everything is stock though.

What are you running, I know you probably mentionned it in a previous thread, but I don't remember.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

i5 3570k at 4.0ghz and a 448core 560ti running a 925mhz overclock. Not the greatest by any means, but Metro surprised me at how taxing it can be.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Ghastlyone:

i5 3570k at 4.0ghz and a 448core 560ti running a 925mhz overclock. Not the greatest by any means, but Metro surprised me at how taxing it can be.

If it's taxing that system it's pretty hardcore.

I'm running the same generation of CPU as yours and my card is only one generation newer, I'll be surprised if I can max it.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

said by Ghastlyone:

If it's taxing that system it's pretty hardcore.

I'm running the same generation of CPU as yours and my card is only one generation newer, I'll be surprised if I can max it.

Haha, that's why I said don't get your hopes up

It's pretty bad when benchmarks out there show SLI setups and Ivy Bridges only mustering ~50fps max.