All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
05641623 (banned)
join:2012-09-17
North Coast

05641623 (banned) to Maven

to Maven

Re: No Facebook at work? I'll look elsewhere...

said by Maven:

said by neonturbo:

They will fire you for using FB, and other "non work related" websites during your breaks and lunch hour.

That's pretty strict...

ALL companies should have a "computer use" section in their Personnel Policies Manual, it would detail what you can and can't do in regards to company computers and networks, if you use your computer but use company resources you must follow these policies too, and the definition of "company resources" is VERY explicit, it includes office space, electricity, desks, networks, and time you are "at work", if they do not want you ON the computer EVER while at work, they can say that.

The company can state failure to follow the rules can result in termination even after the first violation.

There is no "ignorance of the law" defense allowed, it is a given everyone has read and understands their company's Personal Policies Manual.
AricBrown
join:2002-12-11
Amarillo, TX

AricBrown

said by 05641623:

said by Maven:

said by neonturbo:

They will fire you for using FB, and other "non work related" websites during your breaks and lunch hour.

That's pretty strict...

ALL companies should have a "computer use" section in their Personnel Policies Manual, it would detail what you can and can't do in regards to company computers and networks, if you use your computer but use company resources you must follow these policies too, and the definition of "company resources" is VERY explicit, it includes office space, electricity, desks, networks, and time you are "at work", if they do not want you ON the computer EVER while at work, they can say that.

The company can state failure to follow the rules can result in termination even after the first violation.

There is no "ignorance of the law" defense allowed, it is a given everyone has read and understands their company's Personal Policies Manual.

Thats my work.. 120,000 people and no one get facebook or webmail of any kind. I get access to the internet but it blocks a lot of stuff as "Not work related"