how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pcdevitt

join:2012-07-29
Allendale, NJ

[iPhone] Passbook

When I go to the Passbook app I cannot connect to iTunes what do I do?

BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA

said by pcdevitt:

First make sure that you've entered your iTMS/Apple ID into the phone in the Settings>iTunes and App Stores section.

It should show up in the Passbook app forwarding you the PB section of the store.
--
"When the day comes that anyone can bend our country's laws and lawmakers to serve selfish, competitive ends, that day democratic government dies." -- Preston Tucker, June 1948

pcdevitt

Allendale, NJ

what is itms

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1

ITunes Music Store (Apple ID).

When I first installed iOS6, Passbook just took me to a blank page in the App Store. Working now though.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

pcdevitt

Allendale, NJ

so go to settings then itunes and app store than do what

thekAk

join:2010-01-08
USA
reply to pcdevitt

I'm having the same issue.. Passbook will open but when I go to the App Store, it just says "Cannot Connect to iTunes Store". My iTMS/Apple ID has been entered into the phone where specified by BellBoy.

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to pcdevitt

said by pcdevitt:

so go to settings then itunes and app store than do what

Enter your Apple ID...that's the email address and password that you used to set up your access to the app store and the iTunes store to buy apps, music, movies, etc.

If you don't have one, then you need to set one up--with a credit card number--or you won't be able to use any of the store functionality.
--
"When the day comes that anyone can bend our country's laws and lawmakers to serve selfish, competitive ends, that day democratic government dies." -- Preston Tucker, June 1948

pcdevitt

Allendale, NJ

i used itunes cards is that okay, and it already was entered

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
reply to BellBoy

same issue.
bizarre...App Store let me upgrade apps without entering my password

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to thekAk

said by thekAk:

I'm having the same issue.. Passbook will open but when I go to the App Store, it just says "Cannot Connect to iTunes Store". My iTMS/Apple ID has been entered into the phone where specified by BellBoy.

Can you access the app store directly in the OS? Can you get to the store through iTunes (and are you logged in)?

You might want to try rebooting the device (holding down the power button and home key at the same time until the Apple logo appears).
--

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to pcdevitt

said by pcdevitt:

i used itunes cards is that okay, and it already was entered

Ah...forgot about that one...yes it should work.
--

pcdevitt

Allendale, NJ
reply to BellBoy

i updated all my apps

Riamen
Premium
join:2002-11-04
Calgary
reply to haroldo

said by haroldo:

That's new in iOS 6, no password needed for app updates.

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
reply to pcdevitt

said by pcdevitt:

see mikerat186's answer »discussions.apple.com/thread/430···tstart=0

Yep, you need to hae a "Passbook enabled" app. This requires the app to send an update with the service included with their app. As of right now that only apps that have this are Fandango(Movie Tickets) and Walgreens (Rewards Card). You open up the app and in the example of my walgreens app, I go to the rewards card and their is an option for me to add it to passbook. It pulled up a dialog, I had to select a couple of settings and now it shows up in my passbook. It seems though that we will have to wait for each app to update to allow use of this service.

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX
reply to Riamen

said by Riamen:

said by haroldo:

Only for free apps I believe I read.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

thekAk

USA
reply to BellBoy

said by BellBoy:

Can you access the app store directly in the OS? Can you get to the store through iTunes (and are you logged in)?

You might want to try rebooting the device (holding down the power button and home key at the same time until the Apple logo appears).

Yes, I can access the App Store directly through the OS as well as through iTunes on my mac. I tried rebooting the iPhone but I get the same error message when selecting 'App Store' within the Passbook App.

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX
reply to haroldo

said by haroldo:

said by pcdevitt:

Yep, you need to hae a "Passbook enabled" app. This requires the app to send an update with the service included with their app. As of right now that only apps that have this are Fandango(Movie Tickets) and Walgreens (Rewards Card). You open up the app and in the example of my walgreens app, I go to the rewards card and their is an option for me to add it to passbook. It pulled up a dialog, I had to select a couple of settings and now it shows up in my passbook. It seems though that we will have to wait for each app to update to allow use of this service.

And Live Nation, TicketMaster, Sephora, Lufthansa, MLB I think.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to haroldo

said by haroldo:

said by pcdevitt:

I don't think that's the problem the OP is having. If you don't have any apps installed, when you first hit the PB app it gives you a button that sends you to the PB section of the App Store. He's saying he can't connect to iTMS. Different issue I think.
--

pcdevitt

Allendale, NJ
reply to Nezmo

how do i enable

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

said by pcdevitt:

how do i enable

What?

pcdevitt

Allendale, NJ
reply to pcdevitt

So what do u do!

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

said by pcdevitt:

So what do u do!

Read this first: »support.apple.com/kb/HT2534

pcdevitt

Allendale, NJ
reply to BellBoy

how do i do it?!?!?

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

said by pcdevitt:

how do i do it?!?!?

First off do you have an Apple ID? Yes or no?

Second, have you logged in using that Apple ID into the iTunes & App Stores section of the Settings in the device?

If yes to both, have you rebooted your device?

If yes to all and you still can't get to the app store after you get into Passbook, you should try to restore your device and try again.
--

pcdevitt

Allendale, NJ
reply to BellBoy

they say i have to enable passbook

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to Riamen

said by Riamen:

said by haroldo:

Oh, I think I'm in love
--
♬ Music is life ♬

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to pcdevitt

said by pcdevitt:

they say i have to enable passbook

Please be more specific or we can't help you.

Who are "they" and where are you supposed to enable PB--because I can't find anything to DISable it?
--

thekAk

USA
reply to BellBoy

said by BellBoy:

said by pcdevitt:

how do i do it?!?!?

If yes to all and you still can't get to the app store after you get into Passbook, you should try to restore your device and try again.

Ta Da!!! That did the trick. I had to restore default settings then reinstall from my most recent backup. While everything is getting re-installed (apps etc) I checked out PB and it no longer gives me the error.

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

said by thekAk:

said by BellBoy:

said by pcdevitt:

how do i do it?!?!?

Ta Da!!! That did the trick. I had to restore default settings then reinstall from my most recent backup. While everything is getting re-installed (apps etc) I checked out PB and it no longer gives me the error.

Cool. Glad to be of help.
--

Riamen
Premium
join:2002-11-04
Calgary
reply to Nezmo

said by Nezmo:

said by Riamen:

said by haroldo:

Only for free apps I believe I read.

No it's for all apps.