how do i do it?!?!?

BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA

said by pcdevitt:

how do i do it?!?!?

First off do you have an Apple ID? Yes or no?

Second, have you logged in using that Apple ID into the iTunes & App Stores section of the Settings in the device?

If yes to both, have you rebooted your device?

If yes to all and you still can't get to the app store after you get into Passbook, you should try to restore your device and try again.
--
"When the day comes that anyone can bend our country's laws and lawmakers to serve selfish, competitive ends, that day democratic government dies." -- Preston Tucker, June 1948

pcdevitt

join:2012-07-29
Allendale, NJ
reply to BellBoy

they say i have to enable passbook

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to Riamen

said by Riamen:

said by haroldo:

bizarre...App Store let me upgrade apps without entering my password

That's new in iOS 6, no password needed for app updates.

Oh, I think I'm in love
--
♬ Music is life ♬

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to pcdevitt

said by pcdevitt:

they say i have to enable passbook

Please be more specific or we can't help you.

Who are "they" and where are you supposed to enable PB--because I can't find anything to DISable it?
--
"When the day comes that anyone can bend our country's laws and lawmakers to serve selfish, competitive ends, that day democratic government dies." -- Preston Tucker, June 1948

thekAk

join:2010-01-08
USA
reply to BellBoy

said by BellBoy:

said by pcdevitt:

how do i do it?!?!?

If yes to all and you still can't get to the app store after you get into Passbook, you should try to restore your device and try again.

Ta Da!!! That did the trick. I had to restore default settings then reinstall from my most recent backup. While everything is getting re-installed (apps etc) I checked out PB and it no longer gives me the error.

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

said by thekAk:

said by BellBoy:

said by pcdevitt:

how do i do it?!?!?

Ta Da!!! That did the trick. I had to restore default settings then reinstall from my most recent backup. While everything is getting re-installed (apps etc) I checked out PB and it no longer gives me the error.

Cool. Glad to be of help.
--

Riamen
Premium
join:2002-11-04
Calgary
reply to Nezmo

said by Nezmo:

said by Riamen:

said by haroldo:

bizarre...App Store let me upgrade apps without entering my password

That's new in iOS 6, no password needed for app updates.

Only for free apps I believe I read.

No it's for all apps.

Defcon888
Premium
join:2003-07-22
San Bruno, CA
reply to pcdevitt

Where is starbucks!?

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to Riamen

said by Riamen:

No it's for all apps.

I see that now. I guess what I read was misinformed. Thx
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Defcon888

said by Defcon888:

Where is starbucks!?

It'll probably trickle in soon...I just saw that United Airlines was added where it wasn't in the list before.

Give it time--it's release day!
--

Defcon888
Premium
San Bruno, CA

2 edits
reply to pcdevitt

Hmm... I got the Target coupon working. Major flaw though, because the Passbook coupon won't show me coupon details, so if I'm shopping at Target, I'd be opening up the Target app to know what to buy (that's on sale), and then switching back and forth between apps when I pay!? (Just kidding, I'd just use the Target app alone since the Target app already has the barcode at the top of the coupon page, thus making Passbook REDUNDANT AND USELESS)!

Flame on!

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to pcdevitt

My passbook seems to be working fine.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

said by Jackarino:

My passbook seems to be working fine.

What is fine?

First time around i kept getting "couldn't connect to the Apple Store" then, eventually, it would give me the entire store.

Someone posted a link on the Apple Discussions forum for passsource.com that allows you to create various cards. I did a couple for CVS and PetCo but discovered the Pass Book button for iTMS was gone. Then I began to get paranoid that "third parties" would steal my CVS Rewards so I did a restore and Im now able to add various cards but the only option seems to be to open them. Still not sure I really understand exactly how this is supposed to work but it doesn't look like the stack of cards shown in Apple's pictures.

Defcon888
Premium
San Bruno, CA
reply to Jackarino

How on earth do you get back to the Passbook section of the App Store after adding a coupon...?

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 edit
reply to pcdevitt

ok, i'm getting interested in this passbook thing....

so now i'm confused. so I read that you need a passbook-enabled app, so I downloaded the walgreens app and set it up, but when I open the passbook app I still get the error. am i understanding something wrong? does the "app" need to be updated into passbook to work or something? apparently nothing works if the error is generated?

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

1 edit
reply to pcdevitt

This actually worked for me:

1. Go to Settings-->General-->Date and Time-->Set Automatically-->Off.
2. Set the date one year ahead.
3. Try to update the apps again.
3a). If you get an error message, go back to the settings.
3b). Correct the date and time (set automatically)
3c). Go back and try to update the apps again.

Source: »discussions.apple.com/message/19···19629238

cbrigante2
Cubs 20??
Premium
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

said by mbernste:

This actually worked for me:

1. Go to Settings-->Genera-->Date and Time-->Set Automatically-->Off.
2. Set the date one year ahead.
3. Try to update the apps again.
3a). If you get an error message, go back to the settings.
3b). Correct the date and time (set automatically)
3c). Go back and try to update the apps again.

Source: »discussions.apple.com/message/19···19629238

Yup...that worked for me too.

fireguy_03

@cgocable.net
reply to mbernste

This solution was quick, easy and worked like a charm. put one year later. tested and passbook worked. went back and put to "set auto" again.. Tested passbook and working great... Thanks !!!

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

1 recommendation

reply to pcdevitt

I honestly expect this to be the next Ping.

I don't see anyone having a reason to use it ever for any reason until NFC and even then...

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

said by Mike:

I honestly expect this to be the next Ping.

I don't see anyone having a reason to use it ever for any reason until NFC and even then...

If anything, for me, I'll use it to corral all of my "saver/membership" cards. The coupons will come and it will probably become something like Groupon--sharing coupons with FB friends, etc.
--

lymemama

@verizon.net
reply to Nezmo

I found a work around on the web. Go into your settings and manually change the date to one year from today. Then go back to passbook and open it. It will take you to the app store. Then you can restore your original date settings.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
New York, NY
reply to pcdevitt

Did a full restore and was able to download a few apps, include a Fandango update this morning. Now whenever I boot PassBook I get the same screen and now I'm getting that same old message "Can't connect to the Apple Store." Maybe the server is busy? If that's the case, it makes absolutely no sense to open apps by connecting to the Apple Store especially when the store is too busy to handle requests.

mromero
Premium
join:2000-12-07
The O.C.
reply to pcdevitt

Starbucks Coffee @Starbucks
Updated to iOS 6? Our Passbook update is coming at the end of this month! 00111010 00101001

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

said by mromero:

Starbucks Coffee @Starbucks
Updated to iOS 6? Our Passbook update is coming at the end of this month! 00111010 00101001

I've always though that by the time I've found my SB app and pulled it up and the barcode appears I could have paid with my debit card or cash twice over. Hopefully this helps, lol.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

mromero
Premium
join:2000-12-07
The O.C.

im the same way, i can whip out my cash faster.

BellBoy
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Stacy

said by Stacy:

Did a full restore and was able to download a few apps, include a Fandango update this morning. Now whenever I boot PassBook I get the same screen and now I'm getting that same old message "Can't connect to the Apple Store." Maybe the server is busy? If that's the case, it makes absolutely no sense to open apps by connecting to the Apple Store especially when the store is too busy to handle requests.

Funny, but with the new iPhone I'm getting the can't connect message and nothing that I do with the date will fix it. I haven't tried restoring yet, but I'm about there.
--

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
New York, NY

said by BellBoy:

Funny, but with the new iPhone I'm getting the can't connect message and nothing that I do with the date will fix it. I haven't tried restoring yet, but I'm about there.

I suspect either the store is busy or the potion that handles PassBook is down. I read somewhere on the Apple Discussion Forums that it wasn't scheduled to go live till today. Maybe they're running late?