how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

monicakm

join:2005-03-12
Grand Saline, TX

[HN9000] Question About Exceeding D/L Limit

I'm downloading map upgrades to my husband's Garmin. They don't indicate how large the map download is but I've exceeded my allowance (750mb) twice. I'm sure it was at 98 or 99% when I started. The second time I had to use a token, I went back to the download status page to keep an eye on how much I was using. I was surprised to see that it was at 55%. I had just seconds ago used the restore token. Does it only refill to the original plan's allowance, which is 325 or 350? I'm on the Pro Plan
Monica

Elkhorn

join:2009-12-31
Lyons, OR

Monica your last sentence is correct. Your token restores your daily download limit. HN now allows unused bandwidth to be rolled over to the next day (to a limit of 2X your daily limit) so when you received your daily download limit from the token it would show as 50%.........
--
HN7000S 99 West 1250 MHZ Professional Pro Windows 7

monicakm

Grand Saline, TX

1 edit

Thanks! That was one BIG download. I'm used to using like not even 90% of my allowed MBs
edited: half my sentence didn't show up.

Elkhorn

join:2009-12-31
Lyons, OR

Monica - next time, just bat your eyelashes at your hubby and mention the free download hours in the wee hours, and offer to set an alarm clock for him *grins*
--
HN7000S 99 West 1250 MHZ Professional Pro Windows 7

monicakm

Grand Saline, TX

Do we know each other? :0 How do you know that I use my long eyelashes to get what I want?? We're you the guy working in the cell phone dept at Best Buy yesterday? You were weren't you! Few eyelash flutters and we walked out of the store with a Jawbone Jambox (which btw is AWESOME!) LOL

Hubby isn't computer savy, besides, I have like 9 or 10 free tokens (most from tech support as a "we're sorry your internet sucks. Here, have a few tokens on us). Since I use less than 90% of my allotted MBs a day, they're basically worthless to me...except for the other day.