join:2012-09-19

[General] How do I unlock TA612V ?

How do I unlock my TA612V?

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:6

1 edit

Have you even done a search ? There was a thread about this right in this forum: »[Unlock] Attempting to unlock Netgear TA612V

alexliebt

reply to alexliebt

Is the serial console working ? Do you get any output ?

alexliebt

reply to alexliebt

About the question: Is the serial console working ? Do you get any output ?

I just bought it from ebay, how can I checked it?

toro

Scarborough, ON
reply to alexliebt

Did you get a console cable ? Are you getting any output from the ATA ? Are you able to stop it from booting and read the environment variables ?

alexliebt

ok. This is my cable »mc.tt/1cz7WJzCsC and »mc.tt/f7z7XPew8S. As far I found in my research this are the colours in the picture »mc.tt/e6z7YVUqO8.

My problem is: which are TX, RX ans GND. When I tried for first time, I was totally wrong.

Here are the pictures from the mainboard of the NetGear TA612V, »mc.tt/e9z72iC0xa and »mc.tt/d6z7VETJLm

Many thanks in advance.

toro

Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico

I don't know anything about your cable because I don't use that model. However you should be able to identify the wire colors using an ohm meter and this diagram: »buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Fil···out.jpg"
As for the pinout on your TA612V board, I am pretty sure in this picture
»p.megacloud.com/web.php?fs_id=78···ersion=1 the pinout left to right should be VCC RX TX GND. This is through comparison with the pictures I took from a WGR613V that I used to have where the VCC pin is enclosed in its own square. Anyway, the pins should be in that sequence, either left to right or right to left. Again, you can figure this out with a voltmeter, by checking the polarity between pins 1 and 4.
Once you got it figured out, you will need to connect only GND, RX and TX. If you don't get anything on the console during boot, swap the RX and TX wires.
--
Providers: voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro through asterisk. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net