ctceo
Premium
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN
Reviews:
·Virgin Mobile Br..
reply to cmthru

Re: Call Forwarding

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Jaron'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LLLnnnnnnnnnnnnL
Jaron: Hello, how may I help you?
Sean: My option to disable call forwarding has disappeared, where did it go?
Jaron: Let me help you with that.\
Jaron: »my.magicjack.com/call-forwarding.html
Jaron: Please click on the link above to access your call forwarding.
For the meantime, please use the link above to access your call forwarding.
Sean: Please do. I cannot receive incoming calls anymore
Jaron: Yes, please click on the link above.
Sean: That works, But I would like to inform you that your login portal no longer shows that as an option under "Call Features" where it should be.
Jaron: Let me explain about that matter.
Jaron: We are working on a new call forwarding service which has plan options, but is still on a "work in progress" status.
Jaron: As of the moment, "Call Forwarding" option at my.magicjack.com is not available, until we have reintroduce the service with the plan options.
Please use the link above for the meantime.
Thank you for your understanding with this matter.
Jaron: Is there anything else I may help you with today?
Sean: Will I loose the option to forward calls when this new plan is invoked?
Jaron: No, it will do the same.
Jaron: Please do not worry about that matter.
Sean: So then what do you mean by plans, and why would it affect current subscribers?
Jaron: No, it will not.
Jaron: Please do not worry about that matter.
Sean: Is there a plan to make these services extra?
Jaron: For that matter, we do not know yet.
Please do not worry, if there are any changes, the old user will not be affected.
Sean: Okay, Thank You for your time.
Jaron: You are most welcome.
Jaron: To be eligible for your reward, please click here. Your reward instructions will be emailed to you. Thanks again!
--
----
As long as superstition prevails, we will fall short of eradicating war, poverty, and hunger. -J. Fresco

khanacademy.org
en.lernu.net
www.k12.com
churchofreality.org
kopimistsamfundet.se
zeitnews.org
thezeitgeistmovement.com
thevenusproject.com
---

redpepper

join:2009-09-05

1 edit

According to the FAQs last updated on Sept. 13, 2012, you will have to pay separately for it. Call forwarding is no longer listed as one of the free features on the www.magicjack.com home page.

"visit »my.magicjack.com and login to set up Call Forwarding. Click "Call Forwarding" under the "Call Features" tab and follow the prompts to check out.

The call forwarding feature may not be used to forward calls to conference, platform and non-ILEC area telephone numbers.

Plan Options: 100 minutes per month $4.95/year, or 500 minutes per month $19.95/year.

Last Update: Sep 13, 2012"

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1

.... which will trigger another exodus to GVJack, NetTalk et al.

If I used call forwarding, this would be a dealbreaker. Dan had better hope that most of his remaining customers are like me.

cmthru

join:2005-03-19
Rockville, MD
reply to redpepper

I logged in to my account and Call Forwarding isn't an option under the FEATURES tab. This makes it appear that CF is no longer available to me.

Even though the chat transcript indicates the feature is still available to current customers, the FAQ does not mention it at all.

I am very disappointed and if the CF is now a extra option especially after I'm paid up for a year, I'm looking elsewhere.

cmthru

join:2005-03-19
Rockville, MD

The work around link (my.magicjack.com/call-forwarding.html) is still working for me.

ctceo
Premium
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN
reply to DrStrange

It'll probably still be cheap as hell compared to standard ISP/Phone provider pricing.

cplus

@teksavvy.com
reply to DrStrange

Anyone hear about nettalk.com ? It does the same thing and has call forwarding.

justsaying

@myvzw.com

I checked out nettalk.com Looks like they have a number porting option and I wonder if I could port my MJ # to nettalk and then use their CF feature. For me it's not so much a money issue. It's an availability issue and being able to keep my MJ number because it's on my biz cards and I just received a whole new batch of biz cards. It will me take a while to use up my cards. Switching to a service that has CF is cheaper than getting new cards.