Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kpossible
Premium
join:2003-09-11
reply to pixelsrus

Re: Pixelation and Freezing has never been resolved

I see we're very lucky to have power too! So not to be a complainer, but still having the pixelation most channels. Not all of the time, but I see it every single day on some channel or another.

pixelsrus

@wideopenwest.com
reply to troubleagain
Well, I have a tech coming this week and it's a good thing too. Last night was okay for watching tv, just a couple blips with the pic here and there. This morning I was just watching Hallmark HD while making breakfast and the picture was blocks, blocks and more blocks. I finally had to turn it off. Yuck.

troubleagain

@wideopenwest.com
Knock wood things have been pretty good lately. But admittedly we probably watch the same 5-10 channels.

But yesterday the last 10 minutes of Jeopardy were unwatchable due to pixelation. Worst I've ever seen.

I guess in the grand scheme when you look at what many people are going through because of the storm and other "real" problems a bad TV picture isn't that big a deal.

My only hope is that WOW or any provider believes their customers when they tell them about problems and do their best to solve them.

pixelsrus

@wideopenwest.com
Trouble

I'm with you when you say that there are bigger problems in the US right now. I believe that's a good and right way to feel.

I don't think that it means that I, or anyone else, shouldn't get what we are paying (in some cases handsomely) for.

When I made my appt, the rep told me that they weren't aware of any similar problems in my area. Now if that means they don't believe their customers, kinda sounds like maybe they have blinders on when it comes to this issue, there's nothing anybody can do. We're at their mercy. Maybe the lion's share of customers just sort of put up with it. If they don't call in, then WOW has good reason not to really apply themselves to fixing the problem. Strength in numbers.

We may be outta luck. I hope not.

slyphoxj

join:2002-06-23
Brook Park, OH
kudos:1
reply to troubleagain
Animal Planet HD (channel 226 I believe it is in Cleveland) was terrible today... the picture constantly froze every 2-3 seconds on all 3 TV's in my house... no problems on any of the other channels.

pixelsrus

@wideopenwest.com
I tuned in to 226 is terrible in Fairview too!!! Sometimes stuttering pic, sometimes no audio. Anyone able to film it?

OhioGirl

join:2012-11-03
Westlake, OH

2 edits
reply to slyphoxj
I was able to get a good video of it, for whatever good that does.

-edited for content-

OhioGirl

join:2012-11-03
Westlake, OH

1 edit
reply to slyphoxj
said by slyphoxj:

Animal Planet HD (channel 226 I believe it is in Cleveland) was terrible today... the picture constantly froze every 2-3 seconds on all 3 TV's in my house... no problems on any of the other channels.

»youtu.be/0m4N3ogOnuw

slyphoxj

Brook Park, OH
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·WOW Internet and..
·magicjack.com
·Callcentric
said by OhioGirl:

said by slyphoxj:

»youtu.be/0m4N3ogOnuw

Exactly the issue I was experiencing!! Thanks for posting this!

south1178
Premium
join:2001-12-17
Cleveland, OH
reply to troubleagain
It happens almost every day on lots of channels. I doubt there will be an end to this anytime soon. If you call in, they say it's normal or it's not them.

DaveK60

join:2012-11-19
Brook Park, OH
Well this problem has been going on for over a month here in Cleveland.
The first tech tried to tell me it was my TV.
The next day a tech was at my neighbors, same problem. I told him it was a signal level problem somewhere, after he got the puzzled look off his face I told him I used to work in cable and he agreed to call it in.
A few days after that, a tech was down the street and remedied the problem.
Now it's worse than ever and their phone has been on a fast busy for hours.

I wish they would have never gone to all digital signals.

gatownsend

join:2003-04-26
Westlake, OH
I have been having troubles in the Cleveland area the last couple weeks and decided to check in here and see if others were. Tonight is the worst. Most of my HD channels are out, and the last couple days the pixelation has been almost constant. Regularly getting the "can't reach the gateway" error the last two weeks. Tonight most of the HD channels are giving me a "this channel is not broadcasting...make sure it's included in your your lineup." My wife just told me it started around 5pm today. I just tried to call to complain and their customer service line is busy, so I guess this is not an isolated problem.

I loved the UltraTV when it went in, but the last 3 weeks or so have had my wife complaining about it enough that I'm ready to give up the 6 tuner dvr and go back to TW. Grrrrrr.

~Gary

keith7267

@wideopenwest.com
I'm in the Cleveland, OH area and some of my HD channels are out. Local channels, ESPN, and TBS work, but other channels are completely black.

No sound, no picture on many of the HD channels. I tried calling WOW and all I'm getting is a busy signal with the WOW service I have.

Besides having to deal with pixelation on a constant basis, this really has me p*ssed off.

Thanks for letting me vent.

DaveK60

join:2012-11-19
Brook Park, OH
Update;
As I understand it (and I hope it's the truth), a fiber optic cable that brings many of WOW's channel line-up into Cleveland was cut.

This is not the pixelation and blocking issue we have been seeing since WOW went "all digital" earlier this year.

Whatever you do, please don't shoot the messenger.

Anony8t

@wideopenwest.com
Then why are Columbus and Chicago users reporting the same issue? Also, why has wow not said anything. Nothing from Dan, no tweets, nothing. Also a main fiber was cut recently, twice this frequently, either terrible luck or something else is going on.

ghgard

@wideopenwest.com
reply to keith7267
Im about ready to move back to Directv as the picture quality was much better.

highfigh0

join:2007-01-15
Pickerington, OH
Just got channels back up that were not working since mid day. No macro blocking either. Hope that's a sign of better things.

kpossible
Premium
Cleveland area here. Nope. One or two have improved somewhat, but not fixed me.

slyphoxj

Brook Park, OH
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·WOW Internet and..
·magicjack.com
·Callcentric

1 edit
reply to troubleagain
My mom said that several HD channels were out again earlier today.

EDIT:

Does anyone other than WOW_Dan monitor this forum? I'm by no means knocking WOW_Dan and his awesome work! I'm just wondering if anyone else from WOW watches this forum? I somehow get the feeling that WOW_Dan is the only one that cares. I really wish someone from WOW would come on here and give us some assurance that the call center will return to its old chipper self soon.

It seems as though when we went from Time Warner to WOW, we basically just traded one set of headaches (frustratingly slow channel changing and guide navigation, some other issues I can't remember at the moment) for another (pixelation, freezing, HD channels going out) and paying $22 more . I could call in and see if WOW would be nice enough to renew my $10 discount, but I just don't have the patience to deal with the call center's horrendous hold times.

slyphoxj

Brook Park, OH
reply to troubleagain
Is anyone having pixelation/freezing issues on any of the SD channels (300-399) or on any of the clear QAM channels? At my place, we're having no issues with any of the clear QAM SD channels.

adymax

join:2012-03-14
Rolling Meadows, IL
I get pixilation on every HD channel all the time. I moved and again pixilation is there. WOW doesn’t seem to care. They said numerous times they fixed it.

Puremin0rez

join:2012-02-22
reply to troubleagain
Here's hoping that 2013 is a better year for WOW!

I can honestly say I haven't been to happy with them in my area this year.

Shows stutter SO often that my family has just gotten used too it.
Expand your moderator at work

kpossible
Premium
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to troubleagain

Re: Pixelation and Freezing has never been resolved

Okay, so I HATE to admit what someone in my family was watching tonight. There was a two minute solid block of pixelation on... HONEY BOO BOO. Maybe it's for the best in this instance Oh, it's channel 227 HD in our area.
--
My father always said, " There's a distinct difference between actually knowing it all and being a know-it-all."

gatownsend

join:2003-04-26
Westlake, OH
said by kpossible:

Okay, so I HATE to admit what someone in my family was watching tonight. There was a two minute solid block of pixelation on... HONEY BOO BOO. Maybe it's for the best in this instance Oh, it's channel 227 HD in our area.

Funny...we never watch that show, but I landed on it flipping channels tonight and had that same two minute freeze/pixelation problem (Cleveland area here). But what I really LOVE is when it records the pixelation on the dvr so I can relive it every time I watch the affected movie. grrrrr.

~Gary