R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..

[HN7000S] The Technician

My brother was told today by one of HughesNet's Tech's that the HN7000S will no longer be available due to new towers and a new satellite that has been launched just today (not Gen4) but for 7K users.. I wonder why is'nt this in anyone's posts or replies on here and the HughesNet forums page?
--
HN7000S/ 1 watt/ pro plus edition/ 4 pc's on a D-Link wired router/ 1-2 pc's on wireless D-Link router with password

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa
kudos:5
Hmm. Maybe because it was BS?

First thing: Satellite launches aren't secret. There were none launched today anywhere in the world, and the next one is due in 2 days but is currently "delayed." It will have two birds, neither of which is suitable for US internet.

Second, the "towers" bit is really too weird to comment on.

Third, there are no satellites specifically for 7K users. Hughes rents space on 11 or so, but they are not the sole tenant on any of them.

In other words, this story is beyond believable.
--
Motosat self-pointing dishes: 1.2-meter XF-3 on 93W, .74 meter G74 on 127W, SL-5 HD DirecTV|idirect 3100|Hughes HN7000S|Verizon UMW190 Air Card|1990 Blue Bird Wanderlodge Bus "Blue Thunder"|Author of hnFAP-Alert, PC-OPI and DSSatTool

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
I had a strong feeling it was... First thing that would need to be done is build it to where it can be shipped and then inspected for secure then it gets its permit then a launch date scheduled, then put up and ready on launch pad.. Not to mention this all takes a long time to accomplish and such.... Saddly my brother will possibly be reeding this by tomorrow and laugh at it some and say its a lie.. So i'm gonna say this- Josh (my brother) IF there really was a satellite being launched today would'nt you think there would have been a little more details and talk on the HN fourm? maybe yes, and maybe because when Gen4 satellite was launched, sara (HN rep) and some of the others updatted there HN customers of what was going on.

However none of this was done so what you may have heard from that technician was all lies.. Like they always say don't believe everything you hear or see just because someone put it into good detailing info and shown it to you trying to prove that its real.... You have to go to it and see it for yourself, thats when you know its absolutely real.
--
HN7000S/ 1 watt/ pro plus edition/ 4 pc's on a D-Link wired router/ 1-2 pc's on wireless D-Link router with password

sharkyyoung
Premium
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV
said by diablo1892:

I had a strong feeling it was... First thing that would need to be done is build it to where it can be shipped and then inspected for secure then it gets its permit then a launch date scheduled, then put up and ready on launch pad.. Not to mention this all takes a long time to accomplish and such.... Saddly my brother will possibly be reeding this by tomorrow and laugh at it some and say its a lie.. So i'm gonna say this- Josh (my brother) IF there really was a satellite being launched today would'nt you think there would have been a little more details and talk on the HN fourm? maybe yes, and maybe because when Gen4 satellite was launched, sara (HN rep) and some of the others updatted there HN customers of what was going on.

However none of this was done so what you may have heard from that technician was all lies.. Like they always say don't believe everything you hear or see just because someone put it into good detailing info and shown it to you trying to prove that its real.... You have to go to it and see it for yourself, thats when you know its absolutely real.

sharkyyoung
Premium
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV
Does your brother want to buy in on the bridge they are building from San Francisco to Hawaii?