how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

homamkeh

join:2009-07-25

[LA] Brdige DPC3825 to use with D-Link 655

Hey all,

I am trying to configure my Cisco DPC 3825 as a modem only (bridge mode) to use with my D-link 655 router. I am using Cos HSI.

After reading this: »ohmsblog.teamohms.org/2012/06/ho···825.html

I was able to get it in bridge mode. If i connect the Cicso modem directly to my computer using an Ethernet cable, it works.

How do i set it up so i can connect it to my router? i connected it through the wan/internet port but it did not work. what are the settings i need to change and to what?

thanks in advance!

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

There should be a reset button on the back of the Cisco DPC3825, it will most likely need to be pushed for the modem to reset. So it can give the router an IP. As the modem is setup to only give one IP at a time, and it did so to the computer you connected to it. Now a reset is required, to give the router an IP. As the computer's mac address is different, from the router's mac address.

homamkeh

i should have done that...

i will try and see if that works. otherwise though, no settings to be changed? static v dynamic ip, and if static: DNS, gateway...

lilstone87

Portsmouth, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Well I know unless the modem is set to supply multiple IP's, the modem is required to be reset to give an IP. When whatever is connected to the modem's ethernet port mac address changes. It a normal task needed, when switching from say direct connected pc, to a router to supply internet to multiple devices.

homamkeh

i can't believe i did not think of restarting. i just went overboard and complicated everything.

i reset the Cisco modem and switched to DHCP in the router settings. working perfectly.

going to run more tests to see if everything is working as it should.

Thanks, i really appreciate it!

lilstone87

Portsmouth, VA

Not a problem, enjoy!