alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
MVM
join:2002-02-10
Columbia, MO

alphapointe

MVM

[F@H] v7 GPU Help

I just got a GX640 GPU, so I finally have a card with some stones..., but F@H v7 says GPU not detected... Am I missing something here?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
16GB RAM
GX640 GPU with latest drivers from Nvidia's site
F@H v7 installed as a windows service.

SMP works fine, but GPU either does nothing, or throws up a "no more GPUs" error when trying to add a GPU slot.

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI

jaynick

Premium Member

Take a look here: »foldingforum.org/viewtop ··· &t=22458 This may help you out. I think you will need a GPUs.txt file for a kepler gpu.
Also here: »foldingforum.org/viewtop ··· &t=21205

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
MVM
Columbia, MO

1 recommendation

alphapointe

MVM

Cool, I'll try that when I get home and see if I blow up the middle third of the country...

heh...
Random fortune from 'pets'
Everyone *knows* cats are on a higher level of existence. These silly humans
are just to big-headed to admit their inferiority.
Just think what a nicer world this would be if it were controlled by
cats.
You wouldn't see cats having waste disposal problems.
They're neat.
They don't have sexual hangups. A cat gets horny, it does something
about it.
They keep reasonable hours. You *never* see a cat up before noon.
They know how to relax. Ever heard of a cat with an ulcer?
What are the chances of a cat starting a nuclear war? Pretty neglible.
It's not that they can't, they just know that there are much better things to
do with ones time. Like lie in the sun and sleep. Or go exploring the world.

Change or stop fortunes..

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar to alphapointe

Premium Member

to alphapointe
Ya... when I was a teenager we had a tomcat on one side and a female in the house on the other side. They would "PLAY" rather noisy on our roof. Very noisy all night.

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
MVM
Columbia, MO

alphapointe

MVM

I think I got it. I copied the file, which didn't do anything... I then followed these steps:
»www.evga.com/forums/tm.a ··· #1548388

and it seems to be working (GPU is running at 100%, and I don't see any errors in the log) I just have to get used to the machine stuttering on graphics every now and then (unless there is a GPU throttle I don't know about)
alphapointe

alphapointe

MVM

Uh, no. I'll keep an eye on developments, but until I can rate-limit the GPU, I can't use my computer like that...

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI

1 recommendation

jaynick to alphapointe

Premium Member

to alphapointe
said by alphapointe:

Cool, I'll try that when I get home and see if I blow up the middle third of the country...

About an hour ago the was a couple of loud booms here. Turned out to a passing thunder shower.

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
MVM
Columbia, MO

1 recommendation

alphapointe

MVM

No, that was my temper... On top of the GPU, I had a radio with an "unknown mod" that was getting me pretty hot under the collar until I found the 3/8" long piece of jumper wire soldered under a connector...

Pin
Premium Member
join:2002-06-19
The Dungeon

Pin to alphapointe

Premium Member

to alphapointe
The Kepler cards are still in beta, as you seem to have found. However, once gpu.txt has been updated and the slot config that you used was applied, I think it should only show as 1 GPU and only require one slot. Not positive on this. Without the config, I believe they auto detect as 2 cards.

Kepler cards require the download of a beta core that has not been fully optimized just yet, but the work is in progress. The new cards may or may not have reached their full potential just yet in the folding world. Many are finding that they are folding at the same rate as the 5xx cards with much fewer CUDA cores.