uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kulldar
Premium
join:2008-11-11
Warren, MI
reply to Alpha Phoenix

Re: Wii U

Last night I decided to pre-order this thing. The deluxe bundle is sold out everywhere, Toys R Us, Best Buy, Gamestop... I'm thinking this is going to be the Wii launch all over again. When I checked Amazon I noticed a couple asshats already trying to sell the Wii U basic bundle for $600.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

said by Kulldar:

Last night I decided to pre-order this thing. The deluxe bundle is sold out everywhere, Toys R Us, Best Buy, Gamestop... I'm thinking this is going to be the Wii launch all over again. When I checked Amazon I noticed a couple asshats already trying to sell the Wii U basic bundle for $600.

I went to Nintendo World today and the deluxe bundle is even sold out there!!! »/r0/download/1···_ani.gif
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to Kulldar

said by Kulldar:

I'm thinking this is going to be the Wii launch all over again.

I think Nintendo's launch of the Wii was deliberate, and brilliant. You keep the demand high by only putting so many units out. Then when the units are sent to market, they're gone before the store even gets them! Nintendo loves that they sold on Ebay for redonkulous prices, because that made the desire to own one even higher.

If that's how they did it, and it really wasn't caused by problems in the production line, I think it's brilliant.

Though the downer for me on this now, is I read that the units will be region locked. Really Nintendo? That's a stupid move to make. You have a segment of gamers that enjoy import games, because some of the quirky, fun ones never make it stateside.