share rss forum feed

planet

join:2001-11-05
Oz
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

[iPad] iOS 6 Apps Issues

After upgrading from 5.1.1 initially installing new apps wouldn't work. Kept taking me through a loop of security questions then saying it had timed out. And, I thought you could install free apps now w/o Apple User ID PW. I still have to input it. I had to reboot the IPad to get the apps to install and then the button you push to get the installation going seems very slow/sluggish. Have to sit and hold it for recognition or push it repeatedly to move from free to install to downloading. Just recently got my IPad and now I'm questioning if I should have waited awhile. From what I've read, I guess it's complicated to revert back to 5.1.1.

AnonFTW

@rr.com

said by planet:

And, I thought you could install free apps now w/o Apple User ID PW. I still have to input it.

I updated iSSH this morning and it didn't prompt me for a password. I also like that it doesn't kick you out of the app store now and back to the home screen. I always thought that was stupid.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to planet

iPad 2 or 3?

My 3 is fine but AppStore is being crushed right now.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

said by Mike:

but AppStore is being crushed right now.

This.

(I have an iPad2 and it's fine but slow even in the iTunes store)
--
♬ Music is life ♬

yabos

join:2003-02-16
London, ON
reply to planet

Updating apps you don't get prompted for your password. Installing all apps you do.

planet

join:2001-11-05
Oz

Thanks for the replies. So, I"m hoping this is a temporary situation. I did update 2 apps w/o PW. I thought the free apps worked that way too..glad you've clarified. I am running the IPad 3.

AnonFTW

@rr.com
reply to yabos

said by yabos:

Updating apps you don't get prompted for your password. Installing all apps you do.

Only installing apps that have a fee will prompt you. You will not be prompted for free apps. I've confirmed this by installing a few free apps.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2

said by AnonFTW :

said by yabos:

Only installing apps that have a fee will prompt you. You will not be prompted for free apps. I've confirmed this by installing a few free apps.

Nope. Installing all apps prompts me for a password.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

I haven't bought any new apps as of yet; but updating current apps or downloading previously purchased apps (free or not) hasn't required my password.
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
reply to DKS

said by DKS:

said by AnonFTW :

said by yabos:

Nope. Installing all apps prompts me for a password.

My experience too for new-to-me apps. If you have already entered your password that session, of course you won't need it again for any apps until the phone is unlocked again anyway, as it's always been.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo