spc
Search similar:

uniqs

lordfly
join:2000-10-12
Homestead, FL

lordfly

I personally do not have a problem with that...but

AT&T is going to have to lay out a plan to compensate current POTS and DSL users to migrate to pure IP services. Very soon, by the end of this year I am going to ditch my AT&T POTS line. However, I need to come up with the money to get the $100 VOIP device from my internet provider. Plus I have to convince the wife, but hopefully that won't be so difficult.

Living in a hurricane area has made some people think that anything beyond POTS is unreliable. Most of the phones worked after Hurricane Andrew, but the cell phones did not. I argue that it was different technology, but that is a difficult sell.

We shall see, but I think this transition away from century old technology was inevitable.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

said by lordfly:

AT&T is going to have to lay out a plan to compensate current POTS and DSL users to migrate to pure IP services.

Huh? Compensate you for what? How about deregulating dialtone and then AT&T can encourage the transition by pulling the plug?
said by lordfly:

Very soon, by the end of this year I am going to ditch my AT&T POTS line. However, I need to come up with the money to get the $100 VOIP device from my internet provider.

And you believe AT&T should give you the $100?

lordfly
join:2000-10-12
Homestead, FL

lordfly

My neighborhood was not able to upgraded so they can't offer me squat to stay with them once they get rid of the old lines. I really do not care.

Offering anything is a joke. AT&T is not one to give away anything. It was a sarcastic start to an idiotic post.

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus
join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL

Oh_No to lordfly

to lordfly
Compensate for what???
You know you can run free software on your computer to act as your VOIP device??
Your comments are weird.