uniqs
share rss forum feed

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10
reply to Ericc

Re: [Cable] Kitchener down for anyone else?

There must be something going on in the Kitchener area. We received an influx of calls for that area. We are looking into it and will keep you all posted.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2

Thanks for the update Jonathan. I'm curious what the word is...

I am still able to get through to my home network.

TSI Jon
Premium
canada

It seems to be DHCP in Waterloo/Kitchener but not official yet. Still looking into it.

Sukh

@bell.ca

I'm down as well in Doon area. Any ETA on fix?

TSI Jon
Premium
canada

No ETA as of yet, will post when I have something.

nbinont

join:2011-03-13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Bruce Telecom
reply to TSI Jon

said by TSI Jon:

It seems to be DHCP in Waterloo/Kitchener but not official yet. Still looking into it.

That was my experience as well - though on Sunday. Was unable to get an IP address (timeout on DHCP request). Modem DS/US was fine. It's as if the DHCP server was down/out of IP addresses/decided to ignore a particular modem MAC for a while (changing the router's MAC didn't help).

Waiting an hour and performing a hard reset (with the reset button) seemed to fix it. Might just be that there were free IP addresses at the instant I reset, or might just be that the DHCP/Modem finally started talking nice again.

DCM475: Software Version: STAC.02.08. 8x4 bonded.

Guido

join:2008-04-01
Kitchener, ON
reply to TSI Jon

Yarr.... still down in Kitchener. Any updates?

Nagilum
Premium
join:2012-08-15
Kitchener, ON

It's back up for me and a number of others. Have you tried power cycling your modem?

Guido

join:2008-04-01
Kitchener, ON

Yeah, repeatedly... Mine was one of the last ones to come back during the previous outage too... I'll give it 'til morning then hit the direct forum. Thank goodness for having a backup connection (hurrah for working for an ISP that does DSL!)

nbinont

join:2011-03-13

If it's a DCM475, try a factory reset (usually a paperclip on a reset button). Strangely that worked for me.