Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

1 recommendation

[TWC] If you're Patrick Stewart, you get responses when you twee

Even the well connected have their days with TWC.

when Sir Patrick Stewart tried to get cable installed in his new apartment, he, the worldwide star of stage and film, found out he really is just like us.

Stewart, 72, became entangled with cable giant Time Warner Cable on Twitter last week while trying to get cable service installed in his new $2 million home in Brooklyn's Park Slope neighborhood.

After battling with the company, well-known in New York City for its service delays, for more than a day, the actor, most famous for playing Starship Enterprise Capt. Jean-Luc Picard on "Star Trek: The Next Generation," took to social media to express his angst.

"All I wanted to do was set up a new account with [Time Warner Cable] but 36hrs later I've lost the will to live," Stewart tweeted under the handle @SirPatStew Thursday. ...

»news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/p···ies.html

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:18
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 recommendations

Re: [TWC] If you're Patrick Stewart, you get responses when you

Click for full size

Packeteers
Premium
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to EGeezer

Stewart's probably being a prima donna about something with this install, like where the cables are running, or the need for an appointment within narrow time window, or he simply missed the phone call confirming his install appointment.

I've fronted for several TWC install and repair appointments here in Queens, and they have all been prompt and reliable. keep in mind most initial installs are outsourced to contractors, not TWC field techs themselves, so therein may lie the problem.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to EGeezer

lost the will to live? LMAO! Drama!

Derwood
Wherever you go, there you are
Premium
join:2003-01-21
Dayton, OH
Reviews:
·Dish Network
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Packeteers

said by Packeteers:

I've fronted for several TWC install and repair appointments here in Queens, and they have all been prompt and reliable. keep in mind most initial installs are outsourced to contractors, not TWC field techs themselves, so therein may lie the problem.

Thats just the thing that TW doesn't understand.. Whether its a contractor or a bona fide employee, both represent the Time Warner name. It makes no difference whether one performs poorly or not.
It's the Time Warner name that is represented. That can say "oh it was just a contractor" and try to brush it off, but they're the ones that hired the contractor to represent them.

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

yeah, i hear you... but you can fix a contractors problem by calling support and getting a genuine TWC tech to come out on follow up. I did this after a suspicious install, and the TWC guy replaced the modem and splitter with better quality and offered me a free speed upgrade, something contractors cannot do. honestly, TWC's own guys are not any more qualified than the contractors, just a bit more generous with their time and materials to try to please you, while contractors hate to give you even one extra yard of cable or $1 connector more than the install requires.

Derwood
Wherever you go, there you are
Premium
join:2003-01-21
Dayton, OH
Reviews:
·Dish Network
·Time Warner Cable

OK, but then that begs the question of why they even have contractors in the first place. If the TWC employees have the ability to deal with issues on the fly, why dispatch someone that can't??
Doesn't that just show the customer how much TWC really doesn't care? Isn't customer service what it's supposed to be all about?

BTW, I've seen Patrick Stewart live. He's a definite actor. Actors love to be up front with the spotlight on them. So, there may very well be some behind the scenes drama that we don't know about. But, knowing just how disinterested TWC is in customer service, I'm willing to concede that he very well could be telling the truth.

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

I donno... I've been involved in NYC on electrical contracting for enough celebrities, politicians, dignitaries and multi millionaires to know they all feel entitled to a level of white glove service you and i would never have the audacity to even consider.

hawk82

join:2001-04-26
centralmaine
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Derwood

said by Derwood:

OK, but then that begs the question of why they even have contractors in the first place. If the TWC employees have the ability to deal with issues on the fly, why dispatch someone that can't??

Money.... I have a feeling it is a lot cheaper to pay a contractor a flat fee per install vs. paying hourly/salary wages + benefits + equipment/tools + vehicle + insurance to a company employee. A lot of overhead.

milkman82

join:2006-06-19
Lakewood, OH
reply to EGeezer

I feel his pain with Time Warner! Besides Hobgoblin, everyone I have worked with at TW makes you feel like the DMV is a saint! Or that AT&T is a small Mom and Pop shop that cares.

TW sucks the life out of me over the phone!!!!

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to EGeezer

“Thank you @dish for rescuing us from the Faustian @TWCable_NYC with your prompt and professional service,” Stewart, 72

»www.nypost.com/p/news/local/dish···ZYy5TteL

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Packeteers:

“Thank you @dish for rescuing us from the Faustian @TWCable_NYC with your prompt and professional service,” Stewart, 72

So he went with the hahppah then. Maybe he wanted the NFL Network.

I wonder why he didn't go with directv. Previous bad experience?
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

Packeteers
Premium
Forest Hills, NY

because a marketing guy at dish who had a nickel of sense,
probably made sure Stewart got a liftetime of dish for free,
all thanks to the value of social/virtual networking/marketing.

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
Reviews:
·Callcentric

said by Packeteers:

because a marketing guy at dish who had a nickel of sense,
probably made sure Stewart got a liftetime of dish for free,
all thanks to the value of social/virtual networking/marketing.

I was thinking the same thing. The marketing rep had probably picked up on the story and either contacted Stewart or, if Stewart called Dish, they made sure he'd get the royal treatment.

In TWC's defense, they are in my experience much better than ATT's DSL support. I had several customers who had it and we were constantly fighting poor performance, long hold times, dropped calls and finger pointing.

Also, TWC's phone support people for our area are US based - one center in my old home town and another within 50 miles of my home.

I'm not impressed with the outside cabling work TWC does around here. It's crappy, cut lines hanging, distribution cabling nailed to the corner of buildings, orange "temporary" cables strung for years and spaghetti wiring around their boxes.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
reply to Packeteers

said by Packeteers:

Great PR move by Dish

Keefer21

join:2012-07-06
Hilton, NY

You win some you loose some, People always forget that their not the only ones in the world, Especially in a metropolitan area like NYC.

The best thing to remember is sometimes the systems that are set up to help things actually make things worse and simple polite down to earth feedback can help for the next person, you know that saying about honey & vinegar?

I myself when moving had a terrible time with time Warner setting up my new home.. after giving them notice a month before i moved. it was honestly terrible and i ended up not being hooked up for another month after being in my new home.. but i kept my cool and was polite.. I ended up with 4 months of free services & 2 years later im still paying for a promotional 6 month deal. it was a pain in the arse but people are people and will respond better to a polite patient request's.

cipater

join:2000-05-18
Brooklyn, NY
reply to EGeezer

My initial install experience with TWC was pretty much just as bad. Glacial processing time to release the line/account from the previous tenant, missed appointments, terrible communications, and on and on. Took me a couple of weeks to actually get it finally connected. And a few months later, we had to get TWC out again to fix some serious line quality issues affecting both our TV and Internet. At least this time they sent out two actual employees who did a very thorough job.

Wonder what Stewart is doing for Internet at his new place? Most, if not all of Park Slope does not have FiOS, and wireless service can be spotty.

Wonder what I'll say to him if I run into him at a cafe or on the street. Maybe I'll start singing the Stonecutters song?
--
Republicans are spoiled children, always ready to throw a temper tantrum when they don't get their way.

Expand your moderator at work

Unbundled
But When ? ?
Premium
join:2010-09-13
Irving, TX

1 recommendation

reply to EGeezer

Re: [TWC] If you're Patrick Stewart, you get responses when you

I remember Whoopi Goldberg complainging on The View, a couple of years or so ago, about getting her cable installed.... waiting for the guy to show up, and he didn't...

Death and Cable Installation .... The Great Equalizer.
--
A La Carte Cable Choice is the ONLY Choice I'm Interested in ! ! !

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Unbundled:

I remember Whoopi Goldberg complainging on The View, a couple of years or so ago, about getting her cable installed.... waiting for the guy to show up, and he didn't...

Death and Cable Installation .... The Great Equalizer.

Was that TWC too?