Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to IllIlIlllIll

Re: new tv channel guide for sa8300?

said by IllIlIlllIll:

what the big deal here ?
i mean really, who gives a sh_t about the new guide ?
are you going to watch the tv program or the guide on your television ?
i dont buy a car to watch it, i buy it so i can drive it.

The Onyx platform is more than just the interactive guide menu. I can't wait until it's on my boxes here.

I look forward to possible future upgrades, as I'm hoping they have aspirations to improve the slow & not user friendly VOD menus at some point.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7

said by frdrizzt:

said by IllIlIlllIll:

what the big deal here ?
i mean really, who gives a sh_t about the new guide ?
are you going to watch the tv program or the guide on your television ?
i dont buy a car to watch it, i buy it so i can drive it.

The Onyx platform is more than just the interactive guide menu. I can't wait until it's on my boxes here.

I look forward to possible future upgrades, as I'm hoping they have aspirations to improve the slow & not user friendly VOD menus at some point.

i look forward to upgrade as well as anyone else would.
this thread is going out of control over when it is supposed to happen, i care more about whether it will happen as opposed to when.
the real problem is the boxes, the speed is comparable to a late 1980's PC on a small flash disk operating Windows XP.
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

milan22

join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ

this thread is going out of control over when it is supposed to happen, i care more about whether it will happen as opposed to when.
the real problem is the boxes, the speed is comparable to a late 1980's PC on a small flash disk operating Windows XP.

That's true. I also question on whether the boxes can handle the "program" . I assume they can, but will wait and see.

majortom1029

join:2006-10-19
Lindenhurst, NY
kudos:1

said by milan22:

That's true. I also question on whether the boxes can handle the "program" . I assume they can, but will wait and see.

if its what they say they should be able to handle them just fine as it will be the equivalent of rendering web pages. They stated the new guide is html 5 based and hosted at cablevisions end.