All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Puregold

@utc.com

[Scam] Ebay Motors Scam / Craigslist

Would like to let everyone know of a new one. I found a boat on ebay, appeared to good to be true but wrote the seller anyways. Well she said she is going through a divorce, works 9am to 9pm and then goes straight to sleep so that's why she can't meet me, she lives in Michigan (the posting was on Craigslist in South Carolina), the boat is located there and she will do the process through ebay motors. I recieve an email that sure looked authentic, coming from ebay motors, requesting a deposit of $2900 that would be held for me to inspect the boat for 5 days. Told me to send the moneygram to their "agent" at:

Linda Green
16005 W Mcnichols Rd
Atlanta, GA 30305

The person I was cooresponding with was located at:

gordon.lauren025@gmail.com

and went by the name of Lauren Gordon

Keith
Why Ask Than?
Premium
join:2002-10-28
Fort Erie, ON
scam

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
reply to Puregold
Google some part of the ad and see if it comes up on other sites. In any case I'm sure it's a scam. The "ebay motors" email is a fraud, you can post the headers here and we'll point out where it's really from.

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
reply to Puregold
link to the ad?

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Puregold
i googled the email address and "Laura gordon" is also trying to sell a motorcycle

»www.motorcycleforum.com/showthre···p=884481

it's 100% scam
--
| map your city |

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
reply to Puregold
said by Puregold :

Would like to let everyone know of a new one. I found a boat on ebay, appeared to good to be true but wrote the seller anyways. Well she said she is going through a divorce, works 9am to 9pm and then goes straight to sleep so that's why she can't meet me, she lives in Michigan (the posting was on Craigslist in South Carolina), the boat is located there and she will do the process through ebay motors.

Please provide the link to the ebay motors page that this boat is on..

And how is this a posting on CL? Where is that link?
said by Puregold :

I recieve an email that sure looked authentic, coming from ebay motors, requesting a deposit

Please post the headers of that email..

Using Moneygram is not something ebay would ever suggest. That alone fails the test and says SCAM!
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?