how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to canestim

Re: Nothing strange about this objective.

said by canestim:

Do you realize how many gigs one hd stream from Netflix is? How are you going to stream movies to replaces your non-digital copies with that 10GB data cap with your Verizon LTE Home Fusion service?

You realize in areas where one's only option is something like HomeFusion DSL doesn't even exist anyway. Places where DSL exists are in populated areas that are serviced by cable.

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1

said by 88615298:

said by canestim:

Do you realize how many gigs one hd stream from Netflix is? How are you going to stream movies to replaces your non-digital copies with that 10GB data cap with your Verizon LTE Home Fusion service?

You realize in areas where one's only option is something like HomeFusion DSL doesn't even exist anyway. Places where DSL exists are in populated areas that are serviced by cable.

Not always true.. My brother has ATT dsl, but cable comes nowhere even close to the area... I can think of quite a few places where this is the trend.. So, its not by any means a default thing..

canestim

join:2012-01-20
reply to 88615298

There are millions and millions of people where DSL is the only option for wired Internet, wired Internet aka the real Internet aka not capped and/or dodgy signal 3G, LTE, or Satellite. And these people (like me) actually do live in populated cities. So yes I do realize that but why don't you go tell that to the millions of people (who only have DSL no cable option) who could possibly have their DSL shut of because of this.

It probably doesn't matter to you and all the others on here playing DA because you all probably have both options and don't care, outta sight outta mind. But like others said all you're doing is creating another monopoly (cable) and they will start to raise prices. They should spin the company off or the FCC should let them sell/transfer their lines to another company until a real replacement is ready for the big time.

toby
Troy Mcclure

join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA
reply to 88615298

said by 88615298:

said by canestim:

Where CenturyLink provides (?) DSL service in large areas of the Western USA, there is no cable or any other choice of ISP, thats right, no wireless either.

Premium
West Tenness

said by toby:

said by 88615298:

said by canestim:

Where CenturyLink provides (?) DSL service in large areas of the Western USA, there is no cable or any other choice of ISP, thats right, no wireless either.

good for them but this story is about at&t ditching DSL not CenturyLink. So did you have a point?

Premium
West Tenness
reply to canestim

said by canestim:

There are millions and millions of people where DSL is the only option for wired Internet, wired Internet aka the real Internet aka not capped and/or dodgy signal 3G, LTE, or Satellite. And these people (like me) actually do live in populated cities. So yes I do realize that but why don't you go tell that to the millions of people (who only have DSL no cable option) who could possibly have their DSL shut of because of this.

Perhaps I should be more specific. This story is about AT&T ditching DSL not any other DSL company. In MOST areas( most not ALL ) where at&t has DSL they have cable available. The % of areas where at&t has DSL but there isn't a cable provider is small. And until someone has numbers proving otherwise I'll stand by that statement.

It probably doesn't matter to you because you probably have both options and don't care, outta sight outta mind.

if you bothered to read any of many many numerous posts here over the years on the topic you would know your statement is 100% the opposite of reality

shrraga

join:2012-07-22
reply to 88615298

said by canestim:

Places where DSL exists are in populated areas that are serviced by cable.

Do you even know what DSL is? It's internet, provided through telephone lines. What does all of America have? Telephone lines. I live in a small town with something around 300 people, with other similar sized towns around. The only utilities coming to all the houses are electricity and telephone, and through the telephone lines-- DSL. You know what is completely absent? Cable. Why would this place be wired with cable? It would use tons of wire, and there is not a very high population density. So, we are stuck with 100- 700 kb/s internet depending on how far we are from the "magic wire-shack."

canestim

join:2012-01-20

Dude, pratice your quote edit skills, BF69 should be quoted for that mess

Your exactly right, and what BF69 and others fail to realize is that small amount of people who only have DS and not cableL probably numbers 10-15 million people (I need to reevaluate my definition of small maybe?)

no__1__here
Premium
join:2003-10-13
Tomball, TX
reply to 88615298

said by 88615298:

Perhaps I should be more specific. This story is about AT&T ditching DSL not any other DSL company. In MOST areas( most not ALL ) where at&t has DSL they have cable available. The % of areas where at&t has DSL but there isn't a cable provider is small. And until someone has numbers proving otherwise I'll stand by that statement.

That's interesting. The burden of proof is on you to support your opinion, not for someone else to prove otherwise.
--
COL 2:8

"Relativism just isn't true for me." - Hillary Putnam