how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sandy T

@direcway.com
reply to compuguybna

Re: HughesNet Gen4 Buyer Beware

They have not clarified anything yet, including they want to charge me the $99 that I was told would not be charged when I signed up on Monday and they charged my credit card $50 for the first month's service. They cancelled my sign-up from Monday and want to resign me up at new rates and installation charges. I told them I would not sign up for the upgrade if they changed the deal I signed up for and paid the $50 for on Monday and got an email confirmation for on Monday.

Ellenhughes

@verizon.net

Sandy T - try sending this post in an email directed to Ellen.martz@hughes.com. I'm sure we can figure this out to make it worthwhile for you.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
·HughesNet Satell..

Amazing this was sent from verizon.net...... Someone immitating Ellen Martz at ECC. how hilarious!

by the way, corporate addresses are hns.com, not hughes.com

said by Ellenhughes :

Sandy T - try sending this post in an email directed to Ellen.martz@hughes.com. I'm sure we can figure this out to make it worthwhile for you.

Ellenhughes

@verizon.net

Sandy T - as I said, please try to reach me. If the Gen4 ordering process needs fixed we can help you. FYI Hughes has a social media presence today and we frequently scan all media.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

»gen4.hughesnet.com/explore-plans clearly shows the Gen4 Power plan as discounted to $49.99 and that the $99 activation fee is waived. But this is for new customers only, and expires 12/31/12. Roughly three months. After that the plan reverts to $59.99 with no activation waiver. Those early adopters will see their bill go up in January. The two year thing must somehow have gotten confused with the 24 month commitment. The same page also clearly states the $9.99/mo equipment lease.

Personally, I'd pay for the hardware up front. If I'm not mistaken, the purchase price will - after the $200 rebate - be about what a lessee pays in the first 18 months.

//greg//
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1001H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 15/MSIE9 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2012

PCsongBird

join:2006-12-07
Hawthorne, FL

1 edit
reply to compuguybna

said by compuguybna:

Amazing this was sent from verizon.net...... Someone immitating Ellen Martz at ECC. how hilarious!

said by Ellenhughes :

Sorry Comp, but you are wrong on this one. My contacts at HN are indeed hughes.com addys. I don't think I have spilled any state secrets by replying here. In fact indeed, this probably is Ellen trying to get on top of things and help.

Edited to add: Sandy T, since you now have Ellen's attention, I would certainly follow up with her on your issues.
--
HN9000/Elite/94°57'W:Spaceway3/.74m/1w/Dual 3.2G P4 4G DDR2 Rackmount (Pro Tools Computer)- Toshiba Satellite 5105 - HP Pavilion dv7 i7 6G DDR3/D-Link wired/WinXP-Pro-SP3 & Win7 64bit/Firefox 2/IE 8/Opera 10

C0RR0SIVE88

@direcway.com
reply to compuguybna

said by compuguybna:

said by Ellenhughes :

I also would like to say, that IS the email address for Ellen, as I have had email from Ellen and several higher ups at hughes before, they do end as @hughes.net for the most part.

Sucker

@direcway.com
reply to grohgreg

said by grohgreg:

Personally, I'd pay for the hardware up front. If I'm not mistaken, the purchase price will - after the $200 rebate - be about what a lessee pays in the first 18 months.

//greg//

Hughesnets contracts out to the cheapest manufacturer for there own modems, boxes, ect.

Hughesnets quality/reliability for there consumer hardware is just as bad as there service. For this very reason I HIGHLY ADVISE renting the junk.

Beside in another 2 years there will most likely be better alternative to HughesNets Crappy satellite internet!

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to PCsongBird

well, my contact was William.Smouse@hns.com, so its possible hns.com, hughes.net, or hughes.com goes to the same address/person, depending on how their mail server is setup.

However, its probably a longshot that Ellen Martz is scouting the dslreports forum using an ANON user id, and posting from a verizon.net.

anyway, anyone that's every dealt with ECC probably has a list of email addresses they've corresponded to.

I think we've been trolled.

said by PCsongBird See ProfileSorry Comp, but you are wrong on this one. My contacts at HN are indeed hughes.com addys. I don't think I have spilled any state secrets by replying here. In fact indeed, this probably is Ellen trying to get on top of things and help.

Edited to add: Sandy T, since you now have Ellen's attention, I would certainly follow up with her on your issues.
[/BQUOTE :

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY
reply to Sucker

Well, I probably helps that I'm a retired telecommunications/satcom engineer. But my point was not reliability, it was cost. But it should be noted that I've owned Hughes hardware that lasted 6+ years without failure. I've been a Hughes subscriber for 12 years now, so I do have a pretty good frame of reference.

I was actually addressing the long term cost of lease vs buy. Again, I don't have the exact dollar figure to buy this new stuff. But historically - when rebates are considered - I can buy the hardware for one up-front payment equivalent to ~18 months of lease fees. After that, you're still paying. I'm not. Plus, I'm also protected by the regular hardware warranty for 24 months as well. After that - like you said - I have the option to buy a "better alternative"

//greg//
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1001H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 15/MSIE9 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2012