uniqs

Chuck65
@eastlink.ca

Chuck65

Anon

HELP plz with high speed net NB ontario

Hey everyone!
Thanks for reading.
I'm moving to north bay in a few weeks. I'll be moving to an apartment block in north bay and can't seem to find a good internet service provider! Hmm.. Either all the providers have a cap, or are low on speeds if they don't.
Ideally what I'd like is unlimited internet and somewhat good speeds, hopefully at least 8mbs down, preferably 15.

Any thoughts or ideas is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

What are the cable and DSL providers that serve North Bay?

DSL is likely Bell so any of the Indie ISP's will likely be able to serve you.
The cable is possibly Cogeco, take a look at »start.ca/ as they cover the entire Cogeco service area in Ontario.

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

jasmo34 to Chuck65

to Chuck65
Sounds like you've looked into some already, but here's a site that may give you some you missed.

Select North Bay for the city, and change Step 3, service type, to whatever you want, or ALL...
»www.canadianisp.ca/cgi-b ··· rch&p=ON

I would then suggest you go to the company's own websites; they cannot get ALL their options into the charts at canadianisp.ca, and some of that info could be out of date.
UK_Dave
join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON

UK_Dave to Chuck65

to Chuck65
Hi there OP.

I'm about 30k south of North Bay, in Powassan.

I switched to Teksavvy about 2 years ago.

They have 300GB monthly caps (although overnight the usage doesn't count towards your limit).

They also have a completely uncapped service.

www.teksavvy.com

Cheers,
Dave

Toastertech
Premium Member
join:2003-01-05
Canada

Toastertech to Chuck65

Premium Member

to Chuck65
Basically in North Bay you have the choice of either Bell, Cogeco or TPIA. I moved away from the incumbents because of a combination of their caps and/or overage charges just got ridiculous. Had no problems using Teksavvy unlimited for a few years although I have moved to Start simply because their unlimited is less than Tek's. Now that Start has the Cogeco footprint I will probably move to cable if they come up with a package that I can live with. Keep in mind that there are still areas within North Bay (such as ours) that can not get better then 6 meg DSL at this time, if you require higher speed cable may be your only option.