spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sarasota

@comcast.net

[Rant] Comcast splitters & HD TV

I installed CC HSI & HDTV about a month ago here is Sarasota Fl. No issues as of yet with HSI but the HDTV is beyond comprehension. We have a 2 way bundle deal that we have 3 HD STB's and 1 HDDVR. We have had CC out 6 times so far and they keep saying "SIGNAL ISSUE" ok we fixed it and then they leave. The picture quality is actually pretty good now but the problem is that we are getting the channels we pay for only on one TV and partial channels on the other 3 but even those 3 TV's are different in what they get from one another as far as channels. I am a novice but I stuck my head into my attic and almost fell off the ladder as I thought there was a bunch of snakes right at the top of the ladder, nope just eleventy billion coax cables with numerous splitters and a couple amplifiers thrown in. I tried to re-hook up the one cable that is getting the appropriate channels into another splitter that was just left laying there with old coax pieces still in the ends but that did not work so here is my question

How in the world is a 4 way splitter that has all 4 lines that go to the 4 TV's in our home broadcasting different channels to different TV's? Go ahead & call me a goober if it's obvious but please tell me how to fix this because the people that CC has sent so far are only barely awake it seems and I just don't have any more days to sit at home for CC to grace me with a visit. Thanks!

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1

The STBs control the channels that are displayed not the cables that they are connected to. If the picture quality is good, then the cables are probably ok. Call Comcast and ask them to look at how the STBs are configured for the channels that you should be getting.

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to Sarasota

said by Sarasota :

We have had CC out 6 times so far and they keep saying "SIGNAL ISSUE" ok we fixed it and then they leave.

If Comcast techs have not been able to fix this after 6 tries, you should escalate this issue. Try posting in the Comcast Direct forum here. »Comcast Direct

Sarasota

@comcast.net

Thanks for the replies. That is what we have already done. The last two times they have been out it was an escalated call. They want to start charging me $50 to come out and I just don't see how or why that would improve the level of service or technician knowledge that I am offered. If they can fix it, I would assume they would have already.

I went to Radio Shack and asked them about what I might be able to do and they said switch to Verizon lol. The guy at RS said CC is just horrible in the area where I live but the thing is, my neighbors don't have these issues with CC it seems. I despise Verizon based on past experiences with the customer service with cell phones so I don't want to do that unles we can't get this figured out and to think about it, I am not sure what would prevent this same thing from happening with Verizon as well.

Any other ideas?

Sarasota

@comcast.net
reply to Sarasota

I forgot to mention that we have had numerous HD STB's and HD DVR's exchanged both by the visiting techs and myself going into the local office.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to Sarasota

Give me an example of the "different" channels you are seeing.

Please also indicate the make and model of each TV you describe and the same for the equipment connected to it.

Sarasota

@comcast.net

Too many different channel scenarios to fully explain but, on one tv we get disney channel and disney xd and disney jr which are all channels that are in our pkg, on a different tv we only get the disney channel, and on two other sets we get no disney channels at all. The comcast equip is 3 of the cisco rng150 & 1 scientific Atlanta explorer 8300hd the tvs are a mitsubishi wd-82742 and 3 vizio e322ar. Thanks for your effort.

Sarasota

join:2012-09-22
Sarasota, FL

Just joined so maybe I can follow this easier. Thanks again to all who are trying to help me figure out what to do.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5

Ok, it sounds like the coding is not correct on each of your outlets. That is something they can fix without a truck roll. The cable box is what determines what channels you can watch. They are all there all the time, but your cable box has coding on it to tell it what you can and can't watch.

Post in the comcast direct forum and they can take care of it.
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my former employer.