Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Xstar_Lumini

join:2008-12-14
Canada
kudos:2

Hotmail Is Lame.... No Reply To Multiple E-Mails Possible

I even looked at YouTube videos about this and it shows me how to do it with other e-mail websites and Outlook Express but when I try to do it with Hotmail it won't let me, a dialog box pops up that says "Please choose 1 item and send". Talk about LAME.

I had to manually reply to about 16 e-mails from people from Kijiji inquiring about my iPhone which I sold already.

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT

What other websites? Can't do it in gmail, can't do it in yahoo, can't even do it in the full Outlook.
It doesn't even make sense to reply to multiple emails as it's standard to include the original text... If there are multiple messages then whose text???
Copy-paste only takes 1 second.

Expand your moderator at work

Xstar_Lumini

Canada
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Re: Hotmail Is Lame.... No Reply To Multiple E-Mails Possible

Copy paste sucks when you have to manually click 3 times on each email to paste your answer, also dont tell me its no possible, there are Youtube videos on how to do it, you guys never heard of "reply to all"?

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

"reply to all" is when you reply to a single email that was sent to multiple recipients.

You have multiple emails you want to reply to. Just create a boilerplate response and drop all the email addresses you want it to go to in the BCC field.
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

Expand your moderator at work

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC
kudos:1
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Re: Hotmail Is Lame.... No Reply To Multiple E-Mails Possible

Can you show me a YouTube video of it? I understand what you are trying to do, but i have never actually seen the feature.

I'm curious of how you are supposed to do it with Outlook

Xstar_Lumini

Canada

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Pzt54g4tY

Who was the guy that said you cannot do this on Gmail? There's another video how to do it in various e-mail programs but nothing on Hotmail.

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

2 edits

said by Xstar_Lumini:

(youtube clip)
was the guy that said you cannot do this on Gmail? There's another video how to do it in various e-mail programs but nothing on Hotmail.

That's "reply to all" which is a reply to single email with multiple recipients. Hotmail does that just fine:

You want a single reply to multiple emails. Which is something entirely different. No email client I know of does that automatically without some sort of extra script, filter, or rule setup.

The easiest way is to type a generic email to all and then put all the recipients email addresses into the BCC box seperated by spaces, semi colons, or commas:

--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT
reply to Xstar_Lumini

said by Xstar_Lumini:

(youtube clip)
was the guy that said you cannot do this on Gmail? There's another video how to do it in various e-mail programs but nothing on Hotmail.

Reply to all is not the same as replying to multiple emails.
You CANNOT reply to multiple email messages. You can only reply to one email. Reply to all only includes all originally copied recipients in the distribution rather than replying to the sender only.