spc
uniqs
rizzo777
join:2012-09-17
Lancaster, NY

rizzo777 to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin

Re: [TWC] Roadrunner Buffalo NY - Very high packet loss bad ping

A speed test will show good download speeds. I am having PACKET LOSS, not SPEED loss. All I need is screen shots in the game because that's my issue! Why am I the ONLY person with HIGH PL throughout the 120 other people I game with? There IS a ISSUE with my connection. WOW
rizzo777

rizzo777

This happened to me years ago at my apartment, they installed filters and everything was good. Can I request that?

Jabbu
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06

Jabbu to rizzo777

Premium Member

to rizzo777
So 120 people from lancaster, NY play on the same server?

Relax, we are trying to help.
rizzo777
Lancaster, NY

rizzo777

No, not all from Lancaster, There a is a few from Arcade and Rochester, but others are from other cable ISPs. I don't only get PL at one server, I get it from all of them, I used to have rock solid ping/PL which was great from RR. Now it's terrible

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

1 edit

DocDrew to rizzo777

Premium Member

to rizzo777
said by rizzo777:

I had a router, I directly hooked it up to my modem to test which didn't help, I recently swapped my old modem for a UBEE modem/router combo, which still didn't help

What model Ubee modem?
What are the signal levels at »192.168.100.1 ? More info on logging in: »www.ubeeinteractive.com/ ··· nterface
Do you have any of the "Firewall - Content Filters" turned on in the UBEE router modem? »www.ubeeinteractive.com/ ··· settings
Activating some of the filters causes packet loss and slow speeds
rizzo777
Lancaster, NY

rizzo777

ddw3611 I think the model is, if I remember correctly the power levels were around 40-48 dbm. I will have to double check when I get home. Also, all the firewall settings on the modem is default
rizzo777

rizzo777

Click for full size
Click for full size
content filtering/firewall settings are not enabled
rizzo777

rizzo777

Click for full size
rizzo777

rizzo777

any comments on the latest screen shots?

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

Signal levels are good. The modem isn't counting any significant errors or logging T1, T2, T3, T4 timeouts.

The traces show intermittent spikes right at the first hop, so something is causing slow downs/congestion between your router interface and the CMTS in the local headend.

Since we can't change what's beyond your modem in the local neighborhood take a look at what's in front of it...

While running the traces, what's connected to the modem? Are there any file serving/sharing programs running? Are you running the game while running the traces? Is there anything connected wirelessly? Can you turn off the wireless and run the traces again?

Basically you have to try and eliminate EVERYTHING you can running across the network other than the ICMP traffic of the tracert utilities.

Cable companies can track all the stats your modem shows on it's diagnostic pages plus quite a bit more, but they really can't see if it's your own network causing congestion or latency spikes.