Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to rbnice1

Re: Need some plumbers opinions.

The shower "system" was spec'd and included in the original agreement??? Or was it just spec'd as "a" shower? It's a hard lesson, but it's customary for any change from the original specs to cost additonal monies. That's how many companies, not just building contractors, make a lot of their money!

What you're requesting is certainly no simple showerhead installation.
--
Keep your eye on the ball, your shoulder to the wheel, your nose to the grindstone, and your ear to the ground. Now, try to work in that position!!!

rbnice1

join:2000-12-16
Fenton, MO
Yes it actually included the install of this specific fixture so I shouldn't owe anything for this. But the way they worded it I may end up screwed anyways. I just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were for time. I thought 6 hours was insane, but maybe im wrong.

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium
join:2001-02-13
Carnegie, PA
kudos:6

1 edit
6 hours isnt too far off, seeing as the shower valve you have there has about 5x the piping of a typical shower valve+shower head. Also 5x the fittings and copper pipe, which you didnt state he asked for more material cost. Then theres another 20-30 mins of messin with trim and handles once the tile guys are done, and calibrating the temperature controls with a digital gauge..

so, thats not so far off. you want extras, you pay for extras.. 6 hours in a new house build of 200-500k is peanuts. Do it once, do it right.

(and yes i am a plumber)

-j
--
if it aint broke, tweak it!!
currently on FiOS (kick aZZ!)