how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dpcs

join:2010-02-28
Chicago, IL

Bait and switch

So U-verse came to my area. . 1st to sign up and get the service... Asked when I placed my order recording 4 hd is a must or I don't want the service told no problem. . . Read there is a problem and called back 3 more times making sure that I would be able to record 4 hd shows at once told 3 more times no problem. . . Meet installer at his van told him if I can not record 4 hd shows at 1 time I do not want the install told no problem again. . .Well guess what after 6 hours it took for the install there is a big problem I can not record 4 hd shows at once. . . After 2 1/2 hours with tech support to see why I can not record 4 hd shows at once, I am to far to be able to record 4 hd shows at once. . . Now I have canceled my old service, returned the equipment and can not get the promotions I was on before I canceled this service. . .Now if I cancel my u-verse I am told that I have to go to a drop off to return the equipment and we really want to keep you as a customer your the 1st to get the service in your area but we cant do anything to try to make you happy to make up for the small communication error about recording 4 shows at once. . . As I reminded them I never said 4 shows at once I said 4 hd shows each time I asked so where was the communication error you flat out lied to me 5 times and wasted 6 hours for install. . 2 1/2 hours on the phone. . .soon to be many more hours blasting on the web never to switch to u-verse and then drive to a drop off place . . .wait while another installer corrects the rewiring to get u-verse I'm looking at almost 24+ hours att took from me that I will never get back and they cant help me to compensate me for their I mean my communication error. . . DO NOT SWITCH TO U-VERSE THEY LIE TO GET YOU HOOKED INTO THEIR SERVICE111

PremTechLife

join:2012-09-16

1 edit

troll-spray has erased this message

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
reply to dpcs

if you want me to work on this give me a post in the direct forum or email me.

Thanks
David

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19

4 edits

2 recommendations

reply to dpcs

No disrespect to David, but I think you would be doing your self a favor by not taking him up on his offer and canceling Uverse.

Everything about Uverse is a scam essentially. Starting from the advertisements of "advanced fiber", the sales people who are under incredible pressure to sell you VOIP+TV+INTERNET at all costs and the vast majority of my clients were told VOIP was required to "make the internet better" and don't even realize its a home phone. Lastly to the tech who has X amount of minutes ( generally about half the time to do a quality job ) to install your service and book it out of there.

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:3
reply to dpcs

I have U-Verse Internet and Voice...

I actually had a guy calling me a month or 2 ago, wanting to offer me a bundle that included television. I didn't want it, and it wasn't till I was almost ready to tell him that I was happy with DirecTV and no thanks, he coined the "fiberoptic service" term. (Customer is hesitating, queue up the buzzwords!)

So I asked the guy.... my current phone line comes from a pole in the corner of my property, attaches to my house, I can trace it down to where it enters the house, and it is ALL copper... are you going to replace that with fiber? Nooo... of course not, but he didn't word it as such. He said fiber was laid all the way to my neighborhood. I guess the "all the way" must have made it sound like "look what WE did for YOU!" All the way to a neighborhood in the MIDDLE of town.

Ah well, I hung up. Poor guy. I felt for him, what company policy is demanding from him to lie to their customers.... or at least befuddle the truth.

And the thing is.... U-Verse as a technology is really not all THAT bad! The idea is great. Had they implemented fiber however, loaded down 100 Mbps profiles to start, use 8 Mbps MPEG4 HD streams instead of the current 5.7 Mbps, and allow 6 HD streams totalling 48 Mbps, leaving another 50 Mbps for 3 tiers of Internet service: 50, 25 and 10 Mbps....using all of the current technology and IPTV setup.... they would have produced A GREAT system, without having to dip into the massive amounts of bandwidth that FIOS has.
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

ArgMeMatey

join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·AT&T Midwest
·Time Warner Cable

said by maartena:

And the thing is.... U-Verse as a technology is really not all THAT bad! The idea is great. Had they implemented fiber however, loaded down 100 Mbps profiles to start, use 8 Mbps MPEG4 HD streams instead of the current 5.7 Mbps, and allow 6 HD streams totalling 48 Mbps, leaving another 50 Mbps for 3 tiers of Internet service: 50, 25 and 10 Mbps....using all of the current technology and IPTV setup.... they would have produced A GREAT system, without having to dip into the massive amounts of bandwidth that FIOS has.

Did you see the recent story about the Nigerian scammers purposely making their e-mails preposterous to ensure that they would attract only the most gullible "marks"? Sound familiar?

I am guessing they ran the numbers on the profiles you mentioned, and decided it didn't have fast enough payoff for shareholders. And management bonuses. They decided that they'd rather deal with customers who think salespeople saying, 'Fiber Optic" is pretty cool.
--
USNG:
16TDN2870
Find your USNG coordinates:
USNGWeb

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to maartena

Totally agree. Although I think if they had FTTH, they would have gone the same lazy route Verizon did with FiOS: Just blast QAM signals down the pipe and use off the shelf cable gear.
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

burns113

join:2002-07-13
Louisville, KY
reply to David

Unless something has changed in the past couple of months, you can't record 4HD channels no matter what, the DVR can't handle it. You can record 3HD and 1SD show at a time, but you can record 3 HD shows and watch another live HD show on another TV.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
reply to dpcs

He sent me a message and I replied back just needing the usual stuff like

• ban/billing account number
• primary contact person
• primary contact number
• alternate contact number
• checkpoint to make sure I have the right account- Postal address of uverse/internet installation
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

dpcs

join:2010-02-28
Chicago, IL

Well I had a state farm moment. . . Jessica I want to come back with RCN. . .Since I can not move my house closer to the main box to record 4 hs shows I am having RCN reinstalled tomorrow so I can record and have the service I ohad before and ordered from ATT. .. I understand the CS might make this mistake but the tech who came to install. . .Even after I asked the question of the recording the shows he told me yes. . .So I have to pay to get RCN back but it was my fault seeing the greener grass over the fence. . .Just wish I would have seen the grass after the rain to see the dye coming off. . Bye ATT. . .Jessica thanks for taking me back!

medbuyer

join:2003-11-20
kudos:4
reply to dpcs

with you being a member here since 2010, one would think that you'd visit the Uverse forums first and ask for opinions about the service, and not just jump on the gun...

I did have ATT DSL before after getting Comcast Biz. Prior to switching, I weighed my options and asked questions here.

Uverse was also available by then but the complaints were too much to ignore. Comcast residential was ok and was the lesser evil but I thought, what the heck, I cut my cable and DirecTV already so I should be able to afford Comcast Biz which was only about $10 difference from a comparable resi account.

A month or so after, Uverse sales guy came knocking on my door trying to solicit service and was trying to BS with me saying we laid fiber recently blah blah....flatly told him, yes, I know that since I saw this community being built way before I made my house purchase.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
reply to dpcs

Well sorry to see you go, if there is any problems door is open.

skuv

@rr.com
reply to djrobx

said by djrobx:

Totally agree. Although I think if they had FTTH, they would have gone the same lazy route Verizon did with FiOS: Just blast QAM signals down the pipe and use off the shelf cable gear.

How lazy of them to use proven equipment to turn up their TV service.