Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

4 edits

skeechan

Premium Member

Re: Two thumbs WAY down on iOS 6...fixed stuff that wasn't broke

I'm downgrading back to OS 5.1.1 on my iPhone 4 and iPad and won't be sending the iPhone 4 off to Amazon trade-in. I got my factory unlock email today. I am going to sleep on it but I think I will be refusing the iPhone 5 shipment tomorrow. iOS6 just sucks that bad and obviously there is no running iOS 5 on it.

EDIT - The downgrade went without a hitch on the iPhone 4, now on to the iPad

EDIT 2 - Downgrade for the iPad went without a hitch either, for the iPad the OS 6 backup was no good but since I named it the same, iTunes had kept what I had synced. BUT, iOS6 only apps like iPhoto are a no-go, thankfully I have backups.

Although I didn't get my factory unlock message with the iPhone 4, figured I would since I got the AT&T email this morning.

EDIT 3 - Unlock worked on the 2nd restore attempt on the iPhone. Backup copies of iMovie and iPhoto back on the iPad...all is well. Also as suspected, Google Maps and Youtube are part of the IPSW package and those older ones haven't been messed with so maps and tube are back.

Elk_hunter77
@comcastbusiness.net

Elk_hunter77

Anon

I'm with skeechan, I can feel your anger flowing. I am enraged as well at this crap. How did you downgrade back to iOS5? I have an iPhone 4 and want desperately to get rid of iOS6. How'd you do it?

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Unless you've saved your SHSH blobs (if you don't know what that means already, you haven't saved them) or run Cydia while jailbroken on 5.1/5.1.1, there's no way to downgrade now. You're stuck at iOS 6
Expand your moderator at work