Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rizzo777

join:2012-09-17
Lancaster, NY
reply to rizzo777

Re: [TWC] Roadrunner Buffalo NY - Very high packet loss bad ping

Sorry if I'm coming across a little pissed off, but I know there is an issue and I will like this resolved, I only play games online, I don't care about download speeds. I just want to get this fixed so I don't hook up DSL here, I'd rather stay with cable, but if the tech Saturday doesn't fix this I might have to change

rizzo777

Lancaster, NY
This is something to ask ,which I don't know if it matters. A while ago a technician came to look at something here, he took off the old splitter inside my basement and hooked something else up with cable wire locks so I can't unhook it. Is it possible he took off my old filter? I can't take off the coax to see the splitter.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
reply to rizzo777
said by rizzo777:

Sorry if I'm coming across a little pissed off, but I know there is an issue and I will like this resolved, I only play games online, I don't care about download speeds. I just want to get this fixed so I don't hook up DSL here, I'd rather stay with cable, but if the tech Saturday doesn't fix this I might have to change

I cant see anything that a tech at your house can fix.

You really have not shown us anything other than a screen shot in a game that shows packet loss at that location. There was no packet loss in your traces or your ping. Latency is normal on the RR network. There is no loss to your equipment.
Jitter and signal level have no relationship. Even if they did your signal levels are within spec.

Run us a couple of speed tests if you can?

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

rizzo777

Lancaster, NY
A speed test will show good download speeds. I am having PACKET LOSS, not SPEED loss. All I need is screen shots in the game because that's my issue! Why am I the ONLY person with HIGH PL throughout the 120 other people I game with? There IS a ISSUE with my connection. WOW

rizzo777

Lancaster, NY
This happened to me years ago at my apartment, they installed filters and everything was good. Can I request that?

Jabbu
Premium
join:2002-03-06
reply to rizzo777
So 120 people from lancaster, NY play on the same server?

Relax, we are trying to help.

rizzo777

Lancaster, NY
No, not all from Lancaster, There a is a few from Arcade and Rochester, but others are from other cable ISPs. I don't only get PL at one server, I get it from all of them, I used to have rock solid ping/PL which was great from RR. Now it's terrible