spc
Search similar:

uniqs
xstatik
join:2000-11-30
Pilot Hill, CA

xstatik

[Installer] HT1000 My first install!

I just installed a new HT1000 gen4 install.
I expected the same ol satellite s#!t, Wow was I wrong. To me it seemed very quick, on the order of my dsl
. even secure sites(https) loaded quickly.Download was 10.3 MBPS according to testmy.net
Hughes expects to compete in the city with cable and dsl.
If my first impressions are correct they may.
If you live in one of the 30 or so states that can get it (mostly east of mississipi,and west coast) you might like this one.
Of course it is an empty super highway right now.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

Good speeds aren't anything with crappy CAPS.....

the only way Hughes could make up for these ridiculous plans and caps is to provide a "free download" zone like EXEDE instated....

and HUGHES can NEVER compete with cable or dsl.....
xstatik
join:2000-11-30
Pilot Hill, CA

xstatik

Yes a 30 gig cap compared to my dsl 250 gig cap...
point taken. These folks here don't have many options.
So if you live in a slightly rural area at least you can browse fast...
xstatik

xstatik

oh BTW freezone now replaced by off peak hours. Yeah that's kinda lame.

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

From my understanding, residential and commercial installs still aren't supposed to occur for a few weeks. Only beta testers AFAIK have the install, which they are under an NDA.

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman

MVM

said by C0RR0SIVE88 :

From my understanding, residential and commercial installs still aren't supposed to occur for a few weeks. Only beta testers AFAIK have the install, which they are under an NDA.

According to this thread, Thursday was indeed the start date: »Gen 4 in Stock almost ready to install..
chances14
join:2010-03-03
Michigan

chances14

said by dbirdman:

said by C0RR0SIVE88 :

According to this thread, Thursday was indeed the start date: »Gen 4 in Stock almost ready to install..

and for the record, the op of that thread has been very accurate in the past when it comes to this kind of stuff. he announced the rollover plans weeks before hughes did and also posted the new gen 4 plans before hughes announed them

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

Then I feel sorry for OP, and any one else being installed right now, considering the software isn't finished, the modems are buggy, and tokens aren't operational yet. Probably be a few more weeks before that stuff is ironed out.
stardust3
join:2012-09-08
united state

stardust3 to xstatik

to xstatik
I'm an installer also. Already done 2 gen4 systems, 1 was a beta & the other was a new customer. Have another new customer on the schedule for Monday. So yeah they are turning orders loose for new customers. Caps aside they seem to operate pretty decent.

Doc Lithius
join:2009-08-19
Rock, MI

Doc Lithius to xstatik

to xstatik
I have two big questions regarding Gen4 which I hope one of you installers, or maybe someone else, can answer:

- On a good day, what's the average Ping/Latency? On my current system, it used to be I was able to get around 900 ms on a good day, sometimes even during peak hours! As of late, however, I'm getting an average Ping well over that, as I have been for several months.

- Is the connection more consistant/less jittery than the current satellites? At present, my ping test is swinging anywhere betwen 1500 ms and 2200 ms.

Thanks in advance!
A Tech
join:2008-11-10

A Tech

600 to 700 msec the three times I checked.

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88 to Doc Lithius

Anon

to Doc Lithius
Currently you will see 600-800ms on Gen4 (can't get much lower with satellite), it is honestly a very great experience compared to previous offerings from Hughesnet in most categories except for one, and that is the bandwidth allotments. If you don't use much bandwidth, it is honestly great. If you need more allowance, look elsewhere.

But I can say this, very little delay, no buffering of videos, seems almost 100% accurate in counting daily/nightly usage compared to WB.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

Nice to hear Corrosive thanks for the info, one question I have read that there is only one cable from the dish to the modem, is this correct? I understand if you don't answer because of the NDA.
sharkyyoung

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

Artical I read this on.

»www.bradselectronics.com ··· -update/
C0RR0SIVE
join:2012-06-19
Salvisa, KY

C0RR0SIVE to sharkyyoung

to sharkyyoung
One cable for both RX and TX, not too concerned about NDA with some things such as the install of the system, since AFAIK, residential installs have started. Anyone going from HN9000 to Gen4 should be able to re-use the old cables, well, one of them. They appear to be the same type of coax.

The new modem is sexy though :3

I really need to remember to log in when I post these days... >_

Kman08
@direcway.com

Kman08

Anon

Corrosive, another good question. What is the cable that the new GEN 4 is using? I know now I am using the 3ghz dual cable for the TX/RX. And I just put new 3" underground conduit in this summer. I would hate to have to dig that all up! GRRR! Can you elaborate on the type of cable. Let me check out that link to the article and see what that was about. Thanks.
Kman08

Kman08 to sharkyyoung

Anon

to sharkyyoung
Sharky, thanks for posting the link I read through it. But it still left me wondering, can one of the lines the fed the HN7000S modem still be used. I just put brand new dual data 3G cable in the ground out to our dish and would hate to have to redo all that. I suppose that with a steel fishing tool and some wire lubricant I might be able to fish the wire through. That would be fun I am pretty sure. As I bet the cable would get hung up at the corners, given the fact that the internet coax is not the only line down there. There is the cable for the HD antenna as well as Dish Networks cables for their HD and analog too. So sometimes the cables get a little freaked up inside the pipe along the 100/110ft or so distance. Is it still a 3Ghz cable? Or some kind of a special cable with a dual core in it??
C0RR0SIVE
Salvisa, KY

1 edit

C0RR0SIVE to Kman08

to Kman08
Don't know much about differences between cables, but on the side of it, it says RG6 18AWG, W/M, BC (i think), 60% A1, Braid Swept to 3Ghz, U/V.

Looks to be same as the old cable, except it's not a double strand.

Hopefully I haven't given out too much information to violate NDA, I would never violate it intentionally, just some things seem to be more of a, if consumer X knows that the system supports it, will they be more interested or relieved. XD

Kman08
@direcway.com

Kman08

Anon

Dual copper core then?
C0RR0SIVE
Salvisa, KY

C0RR0SIVE

No idea, how would one tell? I just see a single copper strand... XD I know nothing about coax honestly.

Looks like this pretty much, »www.homecontrols.com/RG6 ··· RG605MES

Don't know if the specs are the same, but that looks like the same cable. xD

Kman08
@direcway.com

Kman08

Anon

hmm, I might be able to work around that messenger wire by using the second cable of the Siamese one that is down there now to act in it's place. But I notice that cable is about identical to what Dish Network is using to handle their High Def stuff. Where is that messenger wire hooking to? Ground? Are you an installer Corrosive?
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung to Kman08

Premium Member

to Kman08
said by Kman08 :

Sharky, thanks for posting the link I read through it. But it still left me wondering, can one of the lines the fed the HN7000S modem still be used. I just put brand new dual data 3G cable in the ground out to our dish and would hate to have to redo all that. I suppose that with a steel fishing tool and some wire lubricant I might be able to fish the wire through. That would be fun I am pretty sure. As I bet the cable would get hung up at the corners, given the fact that the internet coax is not the only line down there. There is the cable for the HD antenna as well as Dish Networks cables for their HD and analog too. So sometimes the cables get a little freaked up inside the pipe along the 100/110ft or so distance. Is it still a 3Ghz cable? Or some kind of a special cable with a dual core in it??

sharkyyoung

sharkyyoung to Kman08

Premium Member

to Kman08
said by Kman08 :

Kman08
I had my 7000 upgraded to the 9000 a while ago and did not have to change the cable, as far as I can tell you should still be able to use your existing cable for the Gen4, as long as it is good.

Kman08
@direcway.com

Kman08

Anon

Super good, if that is the way it goes. Crossing fingers.

Junk
@direcway.com

Junk to Doc Lithius

Anon

to Doc Lithius

Garbage in, Garbage out

To give you an Idea of the blazing speed (HaHa) of satellite internet "HughesNet HN9000 system". I cleared the browser cache, it took 14 sec to load this very page your viewing. Total download amount was 316.91KB which translates into 2.53Mb. Keep in mind 900ms .... when your browser fetches this very page there are a total of 55 request. Of the 55 request file size ranges from 13B to 68KB.

A brief summary of these satellite internet providers, they deliver nothing more than bottom of the barrel service. They are sorta like garbage trucks, the differences is they don't pick up your garbage, they dump it in your yard and charge you a fee!

If consumers would refuse the purchasing of over priced products and services, prices would be adjusted down to there true market value. It is rather apparent we have a over abundance of idiots in the united states. I see this trend continuing!
C0RR0SIVE
Salvisa, KY

C0RR0SIVE to Kman08

to Kman08

Re: [Installer] HT1000 My first install!

Not an installer, just someone with an NDA.

I will say, these pages are loading in under one second for me.
Also, the wire is grounded on the dish, but the end on the inside goes to nothing, just wrapped around the cable.
chances14
join:2010-03-03
Michigan

chances14 to Junk

to Junk

Re: Garbage in, Garbage out

said by Junk :

To give you an Idea of the blazing speed (HaHa) of satellite internet "HughesNet HN9000 system". I cleared the browser cache, it took 14 sec to load this very page your viewing. Total download amount was 316.91KB which translates into 2.53Mb. Keep in mind 900ms .... when your browser fetches this very page there are a total of 55 request. Of the 55 request file size ranges from 13B to 68KB.

A brief summary of these satellite internet providers, they deliver nothing more than bottom of the barrel service. They are sorta like garbage trucks, the differences is they don't pick up your garbage, they dump it in your yard and charge you a fee!

If consumers would refuse the purchasing of over priced products and services, prices would be adjusted down to there true market value. It is rather apparent we have a over abundance of idiots in the united states. I see this trend continuing!

says the poster who has a direcway.com addy
Expand your moderator at work

Doc Lithius
join:2009-08-19
Rock, MI

Doc Lithius to xstatik

to xstatik

Re: [Installer] HT1000 My first install!

Alright, brief post here... Someone remind me of where the "service area map" is for EchoStar XVII? Because we recently called HughesNet and they said "it's not available in our area at this time." And we live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, which I thought was in the service area... but I might be remembering wrong.

Suckers
@direcway.com

Suckers to C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

to C0RR0SIVE88

Its nothing more than a black Hole!

@CORROSIVE88
With a total of 40 of so users having the entire Gen 4 satellite all to them selves your assessment is somewhat irreverent.

How about throwing 2 Million users on the Gen4 Satellite as HughsNet has plans for overselling and lets see how fast your assessment gets sucked into a Black Hole of nothingness!