Search similar:

uniqs
C0RR0SIVE
join:2012-06-19
Salvisa, KY

C0RR0SIVE to JSheridan

to JSheridan

Re: Its nothing more than a black Hole!

Strikes me as odd when they aren't taking "pre-sales" when the system is now being sold from the way things are looking with installs starting for non-beta users. Just an opinion... Once installs start, it's no longer a pre-sale. Either keep the maps updated, or don't post them up on the sales pages and hope that users will keep looking a few weeks later when they want to buy now.

They will be advertising Gen4 as nation wide just like WildBlue soonish. So yea, those areas will be "Gen4" but will they hit the Gen4 bird, or the older Spaceway3 bird? Was that made clear at your meeting?
JSheridan
join:2006-07-03
USA

JSheridan

said by C0RR0SIVE:

Strikes me as odd when they aren't taking "pre-sales" when the system is now being sold from the way things are looking with installs starting for non-beta users. Just an opinion... Once installs start, it's no longer a pre-sale. Either keep the maps updated, or don't post them up on the sales pages and hope that users will keep looking a few weeks later when they want to buy now.

They will be advertising Gen4 as nation wide just like WildBlue soonish. So yea, those areas will be "Gen4" but will they hit the Gen4 bird, or the older Spaceway3 bird? Was that made clear at your meeting?

They said at the meeting that the orange map was for pre-sales before the service was turned on and the foot print would be expanded when the satellite was in service and could be tested for coverage. I just put in an address to check availability in Plattsburgh NY, in far northern New York right next to the Canadian border, and it said the new Jupiter plans are available there. That is way north of the line on the pre-sales orange map, which runs across the middle of New York state.
Expand your moderator at work
C0RR0SIVE
Salvisa, KY

C0RR0SIVE to JSheridan

to JSheridan

Re: Its nothing more than a black Hole!

Interesting, I wonder when they plan on releasing an actual map that shows exactly where service is confirmed.
JSheridan
join:2006-07-03
USA

JSheridan

said by C0RR0SIVE:

Interesting, I wonder when they plan on releasing an actual map that shows exactly where service is confirmed.

That would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.

steveT
@frontiernet.net

steveT to xstatik

Anon

to xstatik

Re: [Installer] HT1000 My first install!

Anybody having problems pointing the Gen 4. I've had 2 jobs where it took me hours to get the signal peaked. Anybody got any ideas? What's the trick?
C0RR0SIVE
Salvisa, KY

C0RR0SIVE

How high are you trying to get? Last I heard 120 was minimal allowed, but most are lucky to get 120 it seems, my installers gave up at ~110.

stevet
@frontiernet.net

stevet

Anon

Yeah im trying to get to 120. What do your installers do when they quit at 11Ive gotten a high as 140 but on a couple of them ive been lucky to get 100 or 110
C0RR0SIVE
Salvisa, KY

1 edit

C0RR0SIVE

They just went on with the install as normal, 100-110 runs the system just fine. Would be nice if every installer tried to hit 120, but they may not be able to hit it all the time.

Could be the beam assignment as well... I remember a discussion here lately, where HN will just use the zip code and coordinates for the post office for that zip, but sometimes, that could actually fall under a different beam than where the dish would be installed. So maybe an adjacent beam would net a better strength.

stevet
@frontiernet.net

stevet

Anon

Oh ok. I actually have to go back to a house tomorrow because i could only get up to 104Do they just call in for a provisonal sign off code.
monicakm
join:2005-03-12
Grand Saline, TX

monicakm to C0RR0SIVE

to C0RR0SIVE
A "sexy" modem??? Looks aren't everything ya know
stardust3
join:2012-09-08
united state

stardust3 to xstatik

to xstatik
All of my jobs have been in the middle 150's, they have all been on beam 40 also. I have at least 25 under my belt & haven't had any significant problems to speak of installation related. NOC has had some serious hiccups on terminal/service activation that has led to me to cuss under my breath. They are getting better though & actually had my last job today go straight through. 1 thing I have been doing if any issues are encountered during any part of activation is to "re install" & start again, that has seemed to quicken the process up. Saturday morning was a nightmare, took an hr to get through the process & to top it all off beam 40 along with a few others was part of an outage. I'd bet money the engineers have been living at work lately.
xstatik
join:2000-11-30
Pilot Hill, CA

xstatik

Wow great discussion,
been too busy to see all the replies.
The first week the reg server was buggy but since, it just goes through great. Actually a pleasure to install compared to every other gen!
Last week started upgrades. An interesting point in regards to grounding. New installs require single rg6 with messenger plus a jumper wire from azl to dish. (Ground meaning bonded to house ground via 14 gauge wire)
BUT upgrades use whatever is there.
We are instructed to cut the fitting feed existing rg6 through the boom arm install comp fitting point grease seal , by the time I come down the ladder OVT,commission, then activate. 15 minutes max after locking it down.
Grounding is assumed,I sppose but still a good idea.
They may clamp down in the future.

Aframe
Premium Member
join:2008-01-30
Uvalde, TX

Aframe

Premium Member

said by xstatik:

Wow great discussion,
been too busy to see all the replies.

BUT upgrades use whatever is there.
We are instructed to cut the fitting feed existing rg6 through the boom arm install comp fitting point grease seal , by the time I come down the ladder OVT,commission, then activate. 15 minutes max after locking it down.
Grounding is assumed,I sppose but still a good idea.
They may clamp down in the future.

Instructed by whom?
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

3 edits

TexasRebel to xstatik

to xstatik
not an installer, but I'm on beam #44 and the highest signal I have seen is 144.

I asked installer what the highest he's seen and it was 148.

according to Satbeams.com, I'm nearly in the center of the beam.

also I want to know if the outside ground leader wire on the coax needs to be connected to the TRIA for GEN4? The installer didn't connect it and is using the grounding block where it connects to a 8ft. grounding rod in the ground. Apparently, the ground/shield part of the coax is a good enough ground for GEN4?

ViaSat/Exede claim the outside leader ground on the coax has to be connected to their TRIA and grounding block or you will have speed and connectivity issues.

seems it would remain true for HN's GEN4 as well.... anyone??
C0RR0SIVE
Salvisa, KY

C0RR0SIVE

Mine is connected only on the grounding blocks.