how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28

Dish To Debut Nationwide Broadband Service

By Steve Smith On Sep 18 2012

New York – Dish Network previewed an as-yet-unnamed nationwide broadband service, designed to serve 19 million rural residents who do not have the service from cable, DSL or telcos, set to debut by October.

The service will be sold through Dish’s normal distribution channels including retailers, according to Brian McIntyre, broadband VP, who previewed the service to the media at company offices, here.

»www.twice.com/articletype/news/d···e/103172

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

Well, since Dish/Echostar owns Hughesnet now, it would probably be some form of that (probably renamed)????????

janedeaux

join:2012-02-15
Yazoo City, MS
reply to DrStrangLov

I checked with Dish. It is bundling dishtv, excede, and some cell phone providers into one monthly bill. The price is the same, but you can now pay three bills with one postage stamp.

Lou

@direcway.com

According to the article, they will use EXEDE for 5Mb service and Hughes for 10 MB service. They will offer a better deal than 7.9 GB at $49.95.

Lou

DrStrangLov

said by Lou :

EXEDE for 5Mb service and Hughes for 10 MB service.

Translation - Where ES17 does not reach, then Exede 5 will be used.

DrStrangLov

reply to janedeaux

said by janedeaux:

I checked with Dish.

YMMV - It will depend upon where one is located, and what options/choices are available.
Expand your moderator at work

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa
kudos:5
reply to janedeaux

Re: Dish To Debut Nationwide Broadband Service

said by janedeaux:

I checked with Dish. It is bundling dishtv, excede, and some cell phone providers into one monthly bill. The price is the same, but you can now pay three bills with one postage stamp.

You actually pay bills using a stamp? How 20th century
--
Motosat self-pointing dishes: 1.2-meter XF-3 on 93W, .74 meter G74 on 127W, SL-5 HD DirecTV|idirect 3100|Hughes HN7000S|Verizon UMW190 Air Card|1990 Blue Bird Wanderlodge Bus "Blue Thunder"|Author of hnFAP-Alert, PC-OPI and DSSatTool