Search similar:

uniqs
BoxerJoe
join:2007-08-14
Hamilton, ON

BoxerJoe

TiVo on Cogeco

Hey all,

Just wondering about using a TiVo box on Cogeco. I've read online that alll I have to do is buy the box and subscribe to TiVo, and activate the box on Cogeco.

»www.cogeco.ca/cable/on/e ··· faq.html

The part about TiVo on the above Cogeco link.

Is this accurate? Does anyone else use TiVo?

Thx

J
Phorkster
Premium Member
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON

Phorkster

Premium Member

said by BoxerJoe:

Is my TiVo DVR compatible with the new Cogeco digital equipment?
Yes, TiVo DVRs are fully compatible with Cogeco digital equipment and will allow you to access all of your channels

Looks like the answer just wraps it up.
BoxerJoe
Hamilton, ON

BoxerJoe

Not really Do I still need to have a digital cogeco box, this is what I meant by "all I have to do is buy the box and subscribe to TiVo, and activate the box on Cogeco". Thanks though for the quick reply
thehopeful
join:2006-11-17
Burlington, ON

thehopeful to BoxerJoe

to BoxerJoe
Just to clarify, you will still need to rent or purchase a digital cable box to connect to the TiVO. Otherwise you'll only be able to record analogue channels (of which there are only a few remaining)

No_Strings

join:2001-11-22
The OC

No_Strings

TiVO uses cablecards in the place of the boxes. A supported card, activated by the cable provider, will decode the digital channels without the need for a set top box.

»www.digitalhome.ca/forum ··· t=141050

»www.tivo.com/buytivo/faq ··· dex.html
thehopeful
join:2006-11-17
Burlington, ON

thehopeful

said by No_Strings:

TiVO uses cablecards in the place of the boxes. A supported card, activated by the cable provider, will decode the digital channels without the need for a set top box.

Yes, but Cogeco (and all cable companies in Canada) do not supply nor support CableCards. Some DHCers have been able to activate cards they've purchased, but it's a crap shoot

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by thehopeful:

Yes, but Cogeco (and all cable companies in Canada) do not supply nor support CableCards. Some DHCers have been able to activate cards they've purchased, but it's a crap shoot

Yeah, it's a matter of finding someone who can think outside the box, but it isn't unheard of. The big problem with cablecards is that they can't tune into SDV channels, and Cogeco has a *lot* of them now that just won't work with the Tivo.
BoxerJoe
Hamilton, ON

BoxerJoe

Thank you for the good info. I appreciate it Hope everyone has a good weekend. J