spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Simpletwist

@ottawahospital.on.ca

Teksavvy Installation Nightmare - Letter to CEO (Followup)

To: Marc Gaudrault
Subject: Re: Resolution

Hey Marc

Thanks I'm happy to be back online and thanks again for the personal attention you've given this issue, I think it really shows a lot of character on your part and a willingness to get to the bottom of the issues that are affecting your customers.

For starters lets just agree to disagree on the Mac thing, he was yelling but I certainly provoked him and lets leave it at that.

As for my beef with having my service cancelled I think you're confused. I will be forwarding you the two cancellation of service emails I received from Teksavvy telling me my service had been cut without my permission to prove to you that this actually happened. You bet your ass that this happened I had to have it turned back on, all of this should be in the notes, this a massive violation so perhaps they hid it from you but they can't recall the automated emails that were sent. Perhaps you should be reading a little bit more into it and actually investigate my claims before dismissing them

I get that your powerless against Rogers in these matters and you're just trying to do your best against huge odds but your CSR's aren't the powerless ones in these situations, your customers are... and judging by that thread we're all getting pretty sick of the attitude of your compassionless staff in these powerless situations.

I'll take your two months and shut my mouth but I also want my $65 move fee credited back to me as well, I refuse to pay for what I was put through. I still love the service but only because of the lack of throttle. I've probably sent over a dozen people to sign up for your service over the past year, I won't be doing that anymore

Good Luck, keep fighting against the big guys but don't do it at the sacrifice of what got you here.

-------------------------------------------

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Marc Gaudrault wrote:

I looked into the two cancelation emails you forwarded, odd that the timestamp was missing. Those were sent at these times:

sept 8 2012 9:49:37 am
sept 8 2012 09:50:19 am

Those were put through as a result of you calling back an hour later and speaking to a different agent that Saturday morning.

The move fee is a straight pass through, we don’t make any money on it.

My offer stands as is.

Regards,

Marc

------------------------------------------------------

So what happened to " With me looking into this so closely, you can bet your ass that nobody in the office would have dared to do something like that… I was all over it. Thinking that maybe your reading too much into this one little bit. " lol what a joke!

First you have the nerve to insult me saying I'm reading too much into it, so then after I offer you indisputable proof that your staff is a bunch of vindictive hostile assholes you throw out a veiled jab at my honesty and offer an excuse that makes zero sense. I'll take your 2 months and then, when I cancel my service when I'm done with you, I'll make sure to leave owing $65.

Enjoy some more bad press

Thanks for nothing Bellsavvy

--------------------------------------------

Figured you guys might want some closure on this. Marc had asked me to keep it offline to not fuel the fire but his last email was basically such a big fuck you I figured everyone should see it.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

4 edits
Here's the full dialogue.

received: Fri 09/21/2012 10:57 AM
So what happened to " With me looking into this so closely, you can bet your ass that nobody in the office would have dared to do something like that… I was all over it. Thinking that maybe your reading too much into this one little bit. " lol what a joke!

First you have the nerve to insult me saying I'm reading too much into it, so then after I offer you indisputable proof that your staff is a bunch of vindictive little assholes you throw out a veiled jab at my honesty and offer an excuse that makes zero sense. I'll take your 2 months and then, when I cancel my service when I'm done with you, I'll make sure to leave owing $65.

Enjoy some more bad press

Thanks for nothing Bellsavvy

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Marc Gaudrault wrote:
*removed name*,

I looked into the two cancelation emails you forwarded, odd that the timestamp was missing. Those were sent at these times:

sept 8 2012 9:49:37 am
sept 8 2012 09:50:19 am

Those were put through as a result of you calling back an hour later and speaking to a different agent that Saturday morning.

The move fee is a straight pass through, we don’t make any money on it.

My offer stands as is.

Regards,

Marc

received: Tue 09/18/2012 9:48 AM
To: Marc Gaudrault
Subject: Re: Resolution

Hey Marc

Thanks I'm happy to be back online and thanks again for the personal attention you've given this issue, I think it really shows a lot of character on your part and a willingness to get to the bottom of the issues that are affecting your customers.

For starters lets just agree to disagree on the Mac thing, he was yelling but I certainly provoked him and lets leave it at that.

As for my beef with having my service cancelled I think you're confused. I will be forwarding you the two cancellation of service emails I received from Teksavvy telling me my service had been cut without my permission to prove to you that this actually happened. You bet your ass that this happened I had to have it turned back on, all of this should be in the notes, this a massive violation so perhaps they hid it from you but they can't recall the automated emails that were sent. Perhaps you should be reading a little bit more into it and actually investigate my claims before dismissing them

I get that your powerless against Rogers in these matters and you're just trying to do your best against huge odds but your CSR's aren't the powerless ones in these situations, your customers are... and judging by that thread we're all getting pretty sick of the attitude of your compassionless staff in these powerless situations.

I'll take your two months and shut my mouth but I also want my $65 move fee credited back to me as well, I refuse to pay for what I was put through. I still love the service but only because of the lack of throttle. I've probably sent over a dozen people to sign up for your service over the past year, I won't be doing that anymore

Good Luck, keep fighting against the big guys but don't do it at the sacrifice of what got you here.

Sincerely

*removed name*

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Marc Gaudrault wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I’m happy to hear that you’re back online.

For the Mac thing.. From my point of view, Mac did he job correctly and he was even in ahead of his shift to help out. He is a big guy with a loud voice and he does talk fast with an accent but that’s just how he talks.. that’s his normal.. he’s the one who caught what had happened with your order and initiated the proper sequence to fix everything... I’m good to just let that one go if you are. Sounds like it was just a bad day all around.

For the cancel part. I’m not sure what you mean.. I’m thinking that maybe this wasn’t explained properly or something. When we went back to Rogers to correct it.. they told us to cancel everything and re-signup everything new again. It’s just the technical means needed to navigate Rogers, uh, not so smart, system to get things done. With me looking into this so closely, you can bet your ass that nobody in the office would have dared to do something like that… I was all over it. Thinking that maybe your reading too much into this one little bit.

All around though dude, I’m on your side. The whole of it, regardless of those details above, is in your favor and I’m working hard to try to improve on those fronts.. it’s frustrating for everybody having to work with an incumbent like that. Our staff feel a bit powerless too at times so they too get frustrated… I try to cut them a bit of slack knowing this but nobody is perfect.

Anyway. For compensation.. I’m good to throw in a couple more weeks past the 6 weeks already offered so 8 weeks or two months considering the headache you went through the first time around.. this is way more than we do in any case and pretty much we’ll never make any money on you but that’s ok.. sometimes it takes these cases to find bigger problems. Our margins are very slim and the lion’s share of your money still goes to rogers.. let me know what you think.

p.s. let’s leave this offline, no need to keep fuelling the fire.

Regards,

Marc

--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy
Expand your moderator at work

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

2 edits
reply to Simpletwist

Re: Teksavvy Installation Nightmare - Letter to CEO (Followup)

The OP is essentially trying to get Mac fired still.

He sent two emails that our system sends automatically: here is exactly what the OP sent me:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 2012/9/8 ***there should be a time stamp here***
Subject: OID-
To: *removed*
Cc: SentNotifications@teksavvy.com

Your cancellation for your rCable has been processed as requested for 9/8/2012. Your cancellation number is: *removed*.

Votre annulation pour le service de rCable a été traitée pour 9/8/2012. Votre numéro d'annulation est: *removed*.

Notice how the time stamp is removed. I looked up the header information in our mail subsystem. I can't see any email but I can see times of when emails are sent...

The timing was an hour later (sept 8 2012 9:49:37 am). IMHO the OP is trying/thinks Mac is doing things he shouldn't. He wasn't.

Of course, when I wrote my email. It was more than a week later. and all these events happened on Sat the 8th. I thought he was saying that once I had gotten on the case still somebody had done something. I didn't know about any of this until much later.

So the sequence, the timeline doesn't hold any water.

here is Mac's internal note from that day(nobody has the ability to change this in our system, so this is moments after he hung up with the OP):

9/8/2012 8:37:26 AM mac

cx stating that tec is at his location but
his work order state that address should be
17-TPIA Avenue.spoke to rogers tec
and he won't activated service as he has wrong
address.advise cx that i will reschedule for tomorrow
morning as it's only 8am,cx ask me to go
F*** my self.give the phone to agent and advise him if
require he can transfer me the call as escalation,cx won't get off the phone.
agent came back and state that and state that cx wan't to speak to me.took the call.
cx start swearing at me from the beginning of the call.give a warning to cx,but
understand cx frustration,advise cx that i will reschedule for 3 date(9-10-11)
cx requested to speak to my boss,only one on tghe floor right now,advise cx to call
back if he wan't.cx state that he won't get off the phone until i m fire because i can't
send a tec out there the next 2 hour,state also that i m an idiot.finally disconnect the
call that was too much.reschedule anyway for the next 3 days.cx want me to give him
6 month free(or free month not sure) and waive his activation date.advise him thta
doesn't gonna happen.

OP called in a couple more times look at the timestamps:

9/8/2012 11:02:33 AM *3rd agent*
Cx called in regarding cancellation on his account
Cx says the cancellation was put through without his permission
Read agents notes to cx, and cx says he never agreed to the cancellation
Called HD, James lifted cancellation for me
Cx also wanted to let us know that timeframes will be
Sunday 8-11
Monday 8-11
Tuesday 11-2

Additional Note 9/8/2012 11:02:58 AM *3rd agent*

Cx also wanted a number for our headoffices
advised this is the head office and to call our 1877 number if he has any problems

9/8/2012 9:35:53 AM *other agent*
cx ci to have his address updated and have the install rescheduled. read over
mac's notes and was able to see we were offering to schedule 3 days away, which
is faster than what I was going to tell him, 5 days. asked cx if 3 days away
would be okay, he said no it wasn't advised him that was the soonest we could
get it as per a SRA's notes. he saw it wasn't good enough, asked if there was
anything else I could do for him today. he told me to have his service
cancelled. advised i'd need to place him on a brief hold to call the
cancellation dept. he said okay. remembered retentions isn't open today. went
back to advise I would process the cancellation. no longer on the line.
processed cancellation as per cx's request.

Additional Note 9/8/2012 9:47:49 AM *other agent*
cx ci to cancel.

Reason: Dissatisfied with support/changing provider
Details: cx's info was mixed up during move, service was not installed at the
correct time. HD Mac offered to get him active as early as 3 days out. cx
refused. called back and got me, I advised the same thing. he no longer wants
our service.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Simpletwist
My parting thoughts are that whatever sympathy I had for the OP have come and gone.

We've been trying to do our best to make a crappy situation, which was largely handled properly on our end, into a happy ending but clearly this customer is unreasonable.

What's worse is that Mac is from Africa. He had been a great employee for a couple years. Feeling persecuted from all of this, has resigned.

Congrats OP. Looks like you got what you wanted.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Marc, you're being way too nice. If this guy was treating my employees like that I'd tell him where to go. It's nice when all the details come out.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
reply to TSI Marc

I'm with Mike2009. Way too nice.

I would have cut the OP's service at the first sign of abuse like that... adios. Sue me.

In the meantime, maybe something can be done with Mac... modest raise, lap dance, I dunno. Shame that happened.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

Simpletwist

@ottawahospital.on.ca
reply to TSI Marc
LOL thanks Marc I was going to include that but I thought your pathetic defense of your abusive CSR and you begging to keep it offline made you look too bad so I omitted it.

I just want everyone to see what happens if you have a legitimate issue with Teksavvy not only do you get screamed at by CSR's, and fucked over in a every conceivable way you then get the joy of getting in a pissing match with the CEO, all because you dare to have the nerve to exercise your consumer rights and share it with your fellow consumers. Only then to get your personal information put online (including name and address)

I'm done with this shit Marc, you obviously don't care about your customers. I'm lodging a formal complaint with the CRTC/BBB and checking in with my friends at Industry Canada. Someone has to give a shit about this, that could have been you.

uhoh

@ip-142-4-212.net
reply to TSI Marc
I guess the customer isn't always right. Nice to see both sides of the story.

mr_hexen

join:2007-08-02
Brampton, ON
you asked to cancel, you admitted it!

hanging up isn't code for "i changed my mind".

Now get back to work, stop wasting tax payers dollars at the hospital!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

reply to Simpletwist
Would you like me to cancel your service? with or without the 8 week credit?

no personal information is posted. I'm simply defending our good name and addressing the issues you raised.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to Simpletwist
Simpletwist ...

It appears that you chose to hang some laundry on the line that was supposedly dirtied by TekSavvy. Is it any wonder that TekSavvy wants to present a clear and accurate record from its perspective? Judging by your level of behaviour with TekSavvy's customer service both on a personal level and on a professional level demanding them to do something that they cannot do (getting a tech to you within 2 hours), it lends a lot more credence to TSI's rendering of the events and you dirtied the laundry mostly yourself and are trying to blame TSI.

Yes, for a short time first names were revealed, but that was corrected.

There is nothing here for CRTC/CCTS/IC to investigate. The words all speak for themselves. Whilst a mistake had been made, TSI did their best to try to correct it, and you have been nothing short of totally unreasonable since.

As to the BBB ... while TSI is a member of the SW Ontario equivalent of the BBB, the BBBs are of hardly any significance any more. I don't know of many people who would go to a BBB to check out a company any more, except maybe a builder or plumber, and even then the results of the check aren't worth very much.

I do feel sorry for Mac, having been on the receiving end of customer abuse on the phone myself. It's hard to pick up that phone after events like this. What astonishes me is that people get on the end of a phone or end of an internet line and end up finding all manner of bravado that they'd never have in person.

Whilst you had a legitimate issue, you turned it into something that goes well beyond reason. What you don't realize is that even if you had gone direct to Rogers, they still wouldn't have fixed the issue on the spot ... it would go to accounts and sales and eventually they'd dispatch somebody ... probably the next day at the earliest. And they wouldn't attempt to ameliorate things here online ... they'd do it in the dark.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to TSI Marc
*sigh* very frustrating.

...to recap. the OP is online at this point. Unless he asks otherwise it will remain so. I'm unsure if he wants the 8 weeks or not. I'll wait to hear back.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

mr_hexen

join:2007-08-02
Brampton, ON
Marc, my next invoice payment will have an extra $1.60, make sure Mac gets a coffee

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1
reply to Simpletwist
Feel bad for Mac...this is absolutely an example of when customers should be fired.

fluffybunny

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc

i would have just cancelled him. he disagreed with your offer and raised you as counteroffer which you were unwilling to accept. so simply cancel his account and move on. youre unlikely to get anything other than bad press from him at this point. its a lost cause dealing with unreasonable people.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to Ree
said by Ree:

Feel bad for Mac...this is absolutely an example of when customers should be fired.

It sure is an ugly situation, and I don't have any sympathy for the way Simpletwist is handling this, but I understand why customers can get like that. Modern telephone support systems make people feel generic-industrialized-dehumanized.. On top of that general problem, the absurdities of working with the incumbents in this regulatory environment.. Even I can't stay fully on top of what Teksavvy (or the incumbent via Teksavvy) can or can't do for customers at any given time, and that's my job.

The thing is, you do have to be very very careful about firing customers... One guy in Belleville ordered Cable from me a couple of years ago. Turned out it wasn't available, the postal code database was in error. He was quite angry about it, although always civil. I was patient and explained what I could do for him and what simply wasn't possible and so on, but I thought for sure this is a customer that isn't worth the hassle. All of a sudden in the last 6 months he has brought me about 4 new accounts.

4 accounts is great for me, but this isn't just a self interest thing. The reason he got angry was he felt mislead and powerless. Partly the semi-automated customer service system at Teksavvy, partly the absurdity of the regulated competition system. Once he understood a little better how things work, he learned that he could get a lot of what he needed after all.

So ya, definitely a point when you have to fire a customer, but customers are constantly surprising
--
electronicsguru.ca/for_sale/Cablemodems

Jaxom

join:2012-03-10
East York, ON
reply to Simpletwist
You can't please every angry psychotic customer.

I have been with Teksavvy for many years and I will always gladly tell friends about them. Best ISP hands down.

Mac come back to us!

Simpletwist

@ottawahospital.on.ca
Fuck it, I'm keeping my service and shutting my mouth, I need the internet for work and I just completely give up. I hope those defending Marc never get stuck in my situation, we'll see how you handle it. I'm guessing probably better than me but you probably wouldn't have just receive news that a close family friends had shot himself in the head 10 minutes before the tech arrives.

Since the incident, I've been nothing but nice to Marc, his staff and to those here. I lost my temper today because I was accused of lying about having my service cut and even after I provided evidence, I was still accused of lying.

Glad everyone thinks the biased one sided CSR notes constitutes "both" sides of the story, wish I had of recorded Mac's tirade on me maybe then you all wouldn't be so forgiving of him.

I'm submitting this shit to the BBB and the Ministry of Consumer Services because I do not feel having my personal information displayed by the CEO of a company on a public message board is right but I'll assume that like Teksavvy they won't give a shit either. All I wanted was internet service and $65 recouped for my trouble. Instead I got my privacy violated, Thanks.

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
said by Simpletwist :

Fuck it, I'm keeping my service and shutting my mouth, I need the internet for work and I just completely give up. I hope those defending Marc never get stuck in my situation, we'll see how you handle it. I'm guessing probably better than me but you probably wouldn't have just receive news that a close family friends had shot himself in the head 10 minutes before the tech arrives.

You know what? I've been in your situation, with more than one company. I've gone without internet for weeks because Cogeco refused to believe my line was bad.

Know how many times I called someone an asshole? 0. Know how many times I came onto public message boards spewing venom and obscenities? 0. Know how many people I demanded be fired? 0. I wasn't going through anything as bad as what you describe, and I'm sure you were justifiably upset by such a terrible event. But I still wouldn't have done those things. Nor would most people.

My thing got fixed eventually. Not as fast as yours did, because TSI is 100 times the company Cogeco will ever be. I sure didn't get the CEO trying to help me.

You're not getting jumped on because people have blind loyalty to Marc or TSI. You're getting jumped on because as much as TSI was far from perfect here, your behaviour, regardless of circumstances, has been abhorrent. Should your internet have been fixed faster? Yes. Does that entitle you to scream, swear, threaten, and complain constantly? I suppose it does. But don't expect people to cheer you for it.

Trisomy21

join:2006-04-27
Kingston, ON
reply to Simpletwist
I'm not taking sides here but I had an issue years ago regarding being charged early and an NSF fee that incurred at my bank. The woman I spoke to basically called me a liar, at least that's how I took it....It was pretty insulting, however things were eventually rectified and handled with tact and professionalism.

Then years before that a local ISP I was with acted like children when confronted about throttling on a public forum. Many of their techs moderated there, it was a computer store as well. They banned me and threatened to terminate my account for simply making it public knowledge that they throttled and lied about it. Happily that store and site is now out of business

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 edit
reply to sbrook
said by sbrook:

Simpletwist ...

It appears that you chose to hang some laundry on the line that was supposedly dirtied by TekSavvy. Is it any wonder that TekSavvy wants to present a clear and accurate record from its perspective? Judging by your level of behaviour with TekSavvy's customer service both on a personal level and on a professional level demanding them to do something that they cannot do (getting a tech to you within 2 hours), it lends a lot more credence to TSI's rendering of the events and you dirtied the laundry mostly yourself and are trying to blame TSI.

Yes, for a short time first names were revealed, but that was corrected.

There is nothing here for CRTC/CCTS/IC to investigate. The words all speak for themselves. Whilst a mistake had been made, TSI did their best to try to correct it, and you have been nothing short of totally unreasonable since.

As to the BBB ... while TSI is a member of the SW Ontario equivalent of the BBB, the BBBs are of hardly any significance any more. I don't know of many people who would go to a BBB to check out a company any more, except maybe a builder or plumber, and even then the results of the check aren't worth very much.

I do feel sorry for Mac, having been on the receiving end of customer abuse on the phone myself. It's hard to pick up that phone after events like this. What astonishes me is that people get on the end of a phone or end of an internet line and end up finding all manner of bravado that they'd never have in person.

Whilst you had a legitimate issue, you turned it into something that goes well beyond reason. What you don't realize is that even if you had gone direct to Rogers, they still wouldn't have fixed the issue on the spot ... it would go to accounts and sales and eventually they'd dispatch somebody ... probably the next day at the earliest. And they wouldn't attempt to ameliorate things here online ... they'd do it in the dark.

That said, TSI defending themselves i totally get, but i have to say i don't like seeing internal notes being posted publicly about any customer. Things like this are why i sometimes find a CEO & it's customers talking a bad thing.

TSI is Marc's "baby" and when someone goes at it, it's natural to defend. Sometimes it looks bad because if anyone else dares to have a frustrating experience, they'll question if their personal interactions go public.

Before anyone goes on TSI defence, my point is, there are several negative reviews, no need for Marc to defend himself or his company per negative review. Though this situation is a bit over the time and the OP more less appears very upset and when the ball starts rolling, it's hard to stop.

Sometimes public forums do more damage than good with direct communication with the company staff. If this remained via email/telephone, it may have been dropped long ago and either cancelled or taken his 6 weeks or 8 weeks and ran with it.

I enjoy long walks to the convenience store and enjoy timmies, can I take his 8 weeks credit?

I really dislike how this all unfolded.

Marc, are you being serious that Mac quit? That in itself over one customer sounds over the top unless Mac has had these issues with several customers.

If it's over the single customer and he felt this way and seriously quit, i know it's not what you should do, but shit call the guy up for a beer and convince the poor guy back. In the same breath, some people (employees) aren't made for this job. Working at an ISP can be stressful. Out of most of my jobs, the two ISP's i worked for are the most i've ever been yelled at by customers.

Edit: oops forgot to complete something i was trying to say lol

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to The Mongoose
said by The Mongoose:

said by Simpletwist :

You know what? I've been in your situation, with more than one company. I've gone without internet for weeks because Cogeco refused to believe my line was bad.

Know how many times I called someone an asshole? 0. Know how many times I came onto public message boards spewing venom and obscenities? 0. Know how many people I demanded be fired? 0. I wasn't going through anything as bad as what you describe, and I'm sure you were justifiably upset by such a terrible event. But I still wouldn't have done those things. Nor would most people.

My thing got fixed eventually. Not as fast as yours did, because TSI is 100 times the company Cogeco will ever be. I sure didn't get the CEO trying to help me.

You're not getting jumped on because people have blind loyalty to Marc or TSI. You're getting jumped on because as much as TSI was far from perfect here, your behaviour, regardless of circumstances, has been abhorrent. Should your internet have been fixed faster? Yes. Does that entitle you to scream, swear, threaten, and complain constantly? I suppose it does. But don't expect people to cheer you for it.

+1

When i call back in to anywhere really, i literally start the conversation with "I really don't want to name names or get anyone in trouble but this is what happened". I explain the situation and what happened and just hope things change..

I in my lifetime at least, will NEVER name someone in hopes of them being fired. (unless they threaten me or something to that extent). People really need their jobs, they're working for a reason and call me crazy but....

It's a form of bullying to even try.

d4m1r

join:2011-08-25
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Simpletwist
Marc, the whole community is with you on this one...Ignore that clown and move on!

You did an admirable thing by trying to personally fix the issue, but even that should have its limits....Also, get Mac back! I hope it was reassured to him that it wasn't his fault...

Don't let this guy prevent you from getting personally involved to solve issues in the future!
--
www.613websites.com Budget Canadian Web Design and Hosting

QuantumPimp

join:2012-02-19
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to The Mongoose
said by The Mongoose:

The OP sheepishly admitted his behaviour was bad. Other than that I see nothing wrong with anything else that's been posted.

There is some disagreement to the facts but the OP is not forcing Marc to respond point-by-point like this is some sort of public debate. Surprisingly, some of the responses have more vitriol than the complaint. As a PR strategy the whole thing has me very confused.

Why is the TekSavvy CEO discussing the employment status of a TekSavvy employee in an open forum FFS? I can only assume TekSavvy wants to be sued for invasion of privacy.

MOD: Can you delete that post? It is not fair to the employee for this to be immortalized forever by Google. This makes me very sad.

Don't get me wrong. I like TekSavvy as a company but geez this is bizarre.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Simpletwist
I have seen comments from time to time that TSI is not the same company they once were. IMHO I don't think it is TSI that has changed their culture as much as I think the customer base has changed.
In the old days TSI was the techies' choice. People knew what to expect because they understood the technology and the politics of internet in Canada. Fast forward to phenominal growth.

Now customers are migrating from the majors for reasons of price and no cap downloads. These customers were used to dealing with the majors (fast pickup time on the phone, conciliatory bribes to get their business.... keep their business, yes sir no sir three bags full sir, etc) which of course is vastly different from the lean and mean wholeseller environment. Customer expectations have have changed in a large manner to one of high expectation (justified or not) based on previous dealing with the majors, and a feeling of entitlement. Most of all customers do not usually understand the technical ins and outs or the rigors of the wholeseller market in Canada. It is quite a change, yes, but I've always known TSI to do right by customers and it's obvious this continues today.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Tx
Mac has resigned. I'm meeting with him tomorrow to try to understand more. I was away all week to come back to this.

He cited this event as the catalyst. There was an other event but it appears to me, and I haven't gone through all the details yet, that he's guilty of caring too much.. in this event he's in the thick of it for offering credit but cx not satisfied.. other event, he offered cred to cx but seemingly was told not too because it was in fact the cx's fault.. cx is happy now that he did but Mac is damned if you do, damned if you don't. very frustrating. Not sure if I'd have given cred myself, I'll have to have a look at the details, but in any case he was being compassionate. That's never a bad thing in my book. The entire office is upset. I'm upset.

anyway...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to Simpletwist
Complaints to the BBB are pointless as explained.

Complaints to the Ontario Ministry of Government Affairs (Consumer Services) will get you a referral to the CRTC since it's an ISP you're complaining about. The CRTC will refer you to the CCTS who will say it's been dealt with.

Threats of taking Marc/TSI to all manner of bodies is hardly being nice. I shudder to think what you'd consider being nasty! I don't even remember what your first name was (and considering lots of people have same first names) and I didn't see your address so certainly can't remember it! Even the fact that you post from the ottawahospital doesn't find you, since there are 4 campuses with half a dozen facilities, finding someone there who goes by the nick simpletwist or a first name I can't remember is hardly likely to happen. Do you know Joe? He's from Canada.

It's not just the CSR notes ... it's the things you've said too. Add them all together and it becomes very hard to agree with you. Whilst the tragedy of the moment of the tech's arrival may have impacted your dealings with him, it doesn't excuse the ill words of today.

I know people who consider any criticism even spoken quietly and kindly to be "yelling" ... I wonder if you're one of them.