spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Simpletwist
@ottawahospital.on.ca

Simpletwist to Jaxom

Anon

to Jaxom

Re: Teksavvy Installation Nightmare - Letter to CEO (Followup)

Fuck it, I'm keeping my service and shutting my mouth, I need the internet for work and I just completely give up. I hope those defending Marc never get stuck in my situation, we'll see how you handle it. I'm guessing probably better than me but you probably wouldn't have just receive news that a close family friends had shot himself in the head 10 minutes before the tech arrives.

Since the incident, I've been nothing but nice to Marc, his staff and to those here. I lost my temper today because I was accused of lying about having my service cut and even after I provided evidence, I was still accused of lying.

Glad everyone thinks the biased one sided CSR notes constitutes "both" sides of the story, wish I had of recorded Mac's tirade on me maybe then you all wouldn't be so forgiving of him.

I'm submitting this shit to the BBB and the Ministry of Consumer Services because I do not feel having my personal information displayed by the CEO of a company on a public message board is right but I'll assume that like Teksavvy they won't give a shit either. All I wanted was internet service and $65 recouped for my trouble. Instead I got my privacy violated, Thanks.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

said by Simpletwist :

Fuck it, I'm keeping my service and shutting my mouth, I need the internet for work and I just completely give up. I hope those defending Marc never get stuck in my situation, we'll see how you handle it. I'm guessing probably better than me but you probably wouldn't have just receive news that a close family friends had shot himself in the head 10 minutes before the tech arrives.

You know what? I've been in your situation, with more than one company. I've gone without internet for weeks because Cogeco refused to believe my line was bad.

Know how many times I called someone an asshole? 0. Know how many times I came onto public message boards spewing venom and obscenities? 0. Know how many people I demanded be fired? 0. I wasn't going through anything as bad as what you describe, and I'm sure you were justifiably upset by such a terrible event. But I still wouldn't have done those things. Nor would most people.

My thing got fixed eventually. Not as fast as yours did, because TSI is 100 times the company Cogeco will ever be. I sure didn't get the CEO trying to help me.

You're not getting jumped on because people have blind loyalty to Marc or TSI. You're getting jumped on because as much as TSI was far from perfect here, your behaviour, regardless of circumstances, has been abhorrent. Should your internet have been fixed faster? Yes. Does that entitle you to scream, swear, threaten, and complain constantly? I suppose it does. But don't expect people to cheer you for it.

Trisomy21
join:2006-04-27
Kingston, ON

Trisomy21 to Simpletwist

to Simpletwist
I'm not taking sides here but I had an issue years ago regarding being charged early and an NSF fee that incurred at my bank. The woman I spoke to basically called me a liar, at least that's how I took it....It was pretty insulting, however things were eventually rectified and handled with tact and professionalism.

Then years before that a local ISP I was with acted like children when confronted about throttling on a public forum. Many of their techs moderated there, it was a computer store as well. They banned me and threatened to terminate my account for simply making it public knowledge that they throttled and lied about it. Happily that store and site is now out of business

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Tx to sbrook

Premium Member

to sbrook
said by sbrook:

Simpletwist ...

It appears that you chose to hang some laundry on the line that was supposedly dirtied by TekSavvy. Is it any wonder that TekSavvy wants to present a clear and accurate record from its perspective? Judging by your level of behaviour with TekSavvy's customer service both on a personal level and on a professional level demanding them to do something that they cannot do (getting a tech to you within 2 hours), it lends a lot more credence to TSI's rendering of the events and you dirtied the laundry mostly yourself and are trying to blame TSI.

Yes, for a short time first names were revealed, but that was corrected.

There is nothing here for CRTC/CCTS/IC to investigate. The words all speak for themselves. Whilst a mistake had been made, TSI did their best to try to correct it, and you have been nothing short of totally unreasonable since.

As to the BBB ... while TSI is a member of the SW Ontario equivalent of the BBB, the BBBs are of hardly any significance any more. I don't know of many people who would go to a BBB to check out a company any more, except maybe a builder or plumber, and even then the results of the check aren't worth very much.

I do feel sorry for Mac, having been on the receiving end of customer abuse on the phone myself. It's hard to pick up that phone after events like this. What astonishes me is that people get on the end of a phone or end of an internet line and end up finding all manner of bravado that they'd never have in person.

Whilst you had a legitimate issue, you turned it into something that goes well beyond reason. What you don't realize is that even if you had gone direct to Rogers, they still wouldn't have fixed the issue on the spot ... it would go to accounts and sales and eventually they'd dispatch somebody ... probably the next day at the earliest. And they wouldn't attempt to ameliorate things here online ... they'd do it in the dark.

That said, TSI defending themselves i totally get, but i have to say i don't like seeing internal notes being posted publicly about any customer. Things like this are why i sometimes find a CEO & it's customers talking a bad thing.

TSI is Marc's "baby" and when someone goes at it, it's natural to defend. Sometimes it looks bad because if anyone else dares to have a frustrating experience, they'll question if their personal interactions go public.

Before anyone goes on TSI defence, my point is, there are several negative reviews, no need for Marc to defend himself or his company per negative review. Though this situation is a bit over the time and the OP more less appears very upset and when the ball starts rolling, it's hard to stop.

Sometimes public forums do more damage than good with direct communication with the company staff. If this remained via email/telephone, it may have been dropped long ago and either cancelled or taken his 6 weeks or 8 weeks and ran with it.

I enjoy long walks to the convenience store and enjoy timmies, can I take his 8 weeks credit?

I really dislike how this all unfolded.

Marc, are you being serious that Mac quit? That in itself over one customer sounds over the top unless Mac has had these issues with several customers.

If it's over the single customer and he felt this way and seriously quit, i know it's not what you should do, but shit call the guy up for a beer and convince the poor guy back. In the same breath, some people (employees) aren't made for this job. Working at an ISP can be stressful. Out of most of my jobs, the two ISP's i worked for are the most i've ever been yelled at by customers.

Edit: oops forgot to complete something i was trying to say lol
Tx

Tx to The Mongoose

Premium Member

to The Mongoose
said by The Mongoose:

said by Simpletwist :

You know what? I've been in your situation, with more than one company. I've gone without internet for weeks because Cogeco refused to believe my line was bad.

Know how many times I called someone an asshole? 0. Know how many times I came onto public message boards spewing venom and obscenities? 0. Know how many people I demanded be fired? 0. I wasn't going through anything as bad as what you describe, and I'm sure you were justifiably upset by such a terrible event. But I still wouldn't have done those things. Nor would most people.

My thing got fixed eventually. Not as fast as yours did, because TSI is 100 times the company Cogeco will ever be. I sure didn't get the CEO trying to help me.

You're not getting jumped on because people have blind loyalty to Marc or TSI. You're getting jumped on because as much as TSI was far from perfect here, your behaviour, regardless of circumstances, has been abhorrent. Should your internet have been fixed faster? Yes. Does that entitle you to scream, swear, threaten, and complain constantly? I suppose it does. But don't expect people to cheer you for it.

+1

When i call back in to anywhere really, i literally start the conversation with "I really don't want to name names or get anyone in trouble but this is what happened". I explain the situation and what happened and just hope things change..

I in my lifetime at least, will NEVER name someone in hopes of them being fired. (unless they threaten me or something to that extent). People really need their jobs, they're working for a reason and call me crazy but....

It's a form of bullying to even try.

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to Simpletwist

to Simpletwist
Marc, the whole community is with you on this one...Ignore that clown and move on!

You did an admirable thing by trying to personally fix the issue, but even that should have its limits....Also, get Mac back! I hope it was reassured to him that it wasn't his fault...

Don't let this guy prevent you from getting personally involved to solve issues in the future!

QuantumPimp
join:2012-02-19

QuantumPimp to The Mongoose

to The Mongoose
said by The Mongoose:

The OP sheepishly admitted his behaviour was bad. Other than that I see nothing wrong with anything else that's been posted.

There is some disagreement to the facts but the OP is not forcing Marc to respond point-by-point like this is some sort of public debate. Surprisingly, some of the responses have more vitriol than the complaint. As a PR strategy the whole thing has me very confused.

Why is the TekSavvy CEO discussing the employment status of a TekSavvy employee in an open forum FFS? I can only assume TekSavvy wants to be sued for invasion of privacy.

MOD: Can you delete that post? It is not fair to the employee for this to be immortalized forever by Google. This makes me very sad.

Don't get me wrong. I like TekSavvy as a company but geez this is bizarre.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar to Simpletwist

to Simpletwist
I have seen comments from time to time that TSI is not the same company they once were. IMHO I don't think it is TSI that has changed their culture as much as I think the customer base has changed.
In the old days TSI was the techies' choice. People knew what to expect because they understood the technology and the politics of internet in Canada. Fast forward to phenominal growth.

Now customers are migrating from the majors for reasons of price and no cap downloads. These customers were used to dealing with the majors (fast pickup time on the phone, conciliatory bribes to get their business.... keep their business, yes sir no sir three bags full sir, etc) which of course is vastly different from the lean and mean wholeseller environment. Customer expectations have have changed in a large manner to one of high expectation (justified or not) based on previous dealing with the majors, and a feeling of entitlement. Most of all customers do not usually understand the technical ins and outs or the rigors of the wholeseller market in Canada. It is quite a change, yes, but I've always known TSI to do right by customers and it's obvious this continues today.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Tx

Premium Member

to Tx
Mac has resigned. I'm meeting with him tomorrow to try to understand more. I was away all week to come back to this.

He cited this event as the catalyst. There was an other event but it appears to me, and I haven't gone through all the details yet, that he's guilty of caring too much.. in this event he's in the thick of it for offering credit but cx not satisfied.. other event, he offered cred to cx but seemingly was told not too because it was in fact the cx's fault.. cx is happy now that he did but Mac is damned if you do, damned if you don't. very frustrating. Not sure if I'd have given cred myself, I'll have to have a look at the details, but in any case he was being compassionate. That's never a bad thing in my book. The entire office is upset. I'm upset.

anyway...

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to Simpletwist

Mod

to Simpletwist
Complaints to the BBB are pointless as explained.

Complaints to the Ontario Ministry of Government Affairs (Consumer Services) will get you a referral to the CRTC since it's an ISP you're complaining about. The CRTC will refer you to the CCTS who will say it's been dealt with.

Threats of taking Marc/TSI to all manner of bodies is hardly being nice. I shudder to think what you'd consider being nasty! I don't even remember what your first name was (and considering lots of people have same first names) and I didn't see your address so certainly can't remember it! Even the fact that you post from the ottawahospital doesn't find you, since there are 4 campuses with half a dozen facilities, finding someone there who goes by the nick simpletwist or a first name I can't remember is hardly likely to happen. Do you know Joe? He's from Canada.

It's not just the CSR notes ... it's the things you've said too. Add them all together and it becomes very hard to agree with you. Whilst the tragedy of the moment of the tech's arrival may have impacted your dealings with him, it doesn't excuse the ill words of today.

I know people who consider any criticism even spoken quietly and kindly to be "yelling" ... I wonder if you're one of them.
MajorPewPew
join:2010-09-19

MajorPewPew to d4m1r

to d4m1r
said by d4m1r:

Marc, the whole community is with you on this one...Ignore that clown and move on!

You did an admirable thing by trying to personally fix the issue, but even that should have its limits....Also, get Mac back! I hope it was reassured to him that it wasn't his fault...

Don't let this guy prevent you from getting personally involved to solve issues in the future!

Im sorry, but I do not agree with Marc on this one. I think this was extremely poorly handled by both sides and Marc cleaned house and tried to bury the issue.

dmbcanada
join:2009-06-01
London, ON
Asus RT-AC66U B1
TP-Link TC-7650

dmbcanada

Sorry but I am on Marc and TSI's side, I agree that no what they did the customer wouldn't have been satisfied. He keeps pushing and pushing for more after he has agreed not to ask for more. He obviously has more issues than just no internet connection. I would like to see him try and resolve the same situation if he were with Bell or Rogers, they would totally crush his complaints and not give him any compensation.
Expand your moderator at work
The Mongoose
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose to QuantumPimp

to QuantumPimp

said by QuantumPimp:

The OP sheepishly admitted his behaviour was bad. Other than that I see nothing wrong with anything else that's been posted.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this. I find this pretty repulsive:

"...after I offer you indisputable proof that your staff is a bunch of vindictive hostile assholes you throw out a veiled jab at my honesty and offer an excuse that makes zero sense. I'll take your 2 months and then, when I cancel my service when I'm done with you, I'll make sure to leave owing $65.

Enjoy some more bad press

Thanks for nothing Bellsavvy"

The OP has since come back on here with another obscenity-laced tirade threatening Teksavvy (again). Much as I think TSI could have handled this better in some ways, the OP has done everything possible to make it worse for everyone involved.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

said by The Mongoose:

the OP has done everything possible to make it worse for everyone involved.

Yup, including himself.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to Simpletwist

to Simpletwist
said by Simpletwist :

First you have the nerve to insult me saying I'm reading too much into it, so then after I offer you indisputable proof that your staff is a bunch of vindictive hostile assholes you throw out a veiled jab at my honesty and offer an excuse that makes zero sense. I'll take your 2 months and then, when I cancel my service when I'm done with you, I'll make sure to leave owing $65.

As Mac may be a visible minority and is out of a job you better be careful of exactly what you said to him.

You may be on the receiving end of an investigation by the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal.

TSI will be compelled to hand over all recordings and you may be on the hook for 10s of thousands in fines and legal fees.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

As Mac may be a visible minority and is out of a job you better be careful of exactly what you said to him.

You may be on the receiving end of an investigation by the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal.

TSI will be compelled to hand over all recordings and you may be on the hook for 10s of thousands in fines and legal fees.

Well, I guess you mean "audible minority" in this case.. Likely, I guess, but we don't actually know that.

On one hand, it occurs to me that you've read the subtlety in Marc's comments properly. Which means.. Well, what might have been said to Mac... Really depressing thought.

On the other hand, I dunno if we want to be going there at all.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by Teddy Boom:

On the other hand, I dunno if we want to be going there at all.

Well the OP states his intention to complain to government bodies so just a fair warning that he not do it in a glass house.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to Simpletwist

MVM

to Simpletwist
I've had trouble with installations with TekSavvy far far worse than the OP ever did, with far more downtime. You'd have to ask Rick, but I recall my initial install taking a month or more. Since then, I've personally gone through five TekSavvy installations (initial ADSL, second ADSL, experimental TPIA, initial VDSL2, second VDSL2). I even acted as a guinea pig for the TPIA service in Quebec, basically volunteering to subject myself to what was guaranteed to be a problem installation with all the effort on my part that entailed (and it did, multiple Videotron visits and a whole bunch of calls to get the issues resolved and the procedures ironed out). On top of all that, I've had more instances of my phone line getting cut than I can remember, and not every time was TekSavvy's handling of that perfect (in terms of following up, mainly).

On the whole, I think I've accumulated an order of magnitude more justification than the OP to be upset with TekSavvy. But you know what? Not only do I have a good relationship with the ISP on a personal level, I also do on a professional level, when it comes to stuff like MLPPP or CapSavvy. And do you know why that is? Because when something goes wrong, as frustrated as I get, I always treat customer service reps with respect and politeness. So even when I get the short end of the stick on something, the company I'm dealing with is still willing to deal with me on at worse a neutral basis.

You know something else? You're way more likely to get the compensation you're asking for (or closer to what you're asking for) for a problem when you're nice and polite to people. Because a customer service rep dealing with a nice and polite customer is going to be a lot more willing to help them out, and the customer will feel a lot better about the whole exchange even if they don't get what they want.

I don't manage to keep vitriol out of many other parts of my life (I've got a short temper), but dealing with customer service reps is one place I really make an extra effort for, and have succeeded, and it pays off. I don't think I've ever yelled at or swore at a CSR in my life.
balur
join:2010-04-28

balur to Simpletwist

to Simpletwist
said by Simpletwist :

Fuck it, I'm keeping my service and shutting my mouth

Usually when people say that they stop talking... they don't go on for 4 more paragraphs reiterating the same stuff over and over again.

While I can sympathize with your frustration, I have been on the receiving end of far too many calls from people like you.

Marc is far more understanding then me, if it was my call I would have disconnected you. Refunded your money for this month, and cut you off immediately because the financial loss is a better option then dealing with people like you.

If you didn't want your dirty laundry aired out, then you shouldn't have brought the issue into the public, and the BBB or equivalent exists to make business transactions fair, not to punish companies for supposed wrongs. They'll most likely see the offer that was made to you, how you responded, and side with the company, as it was a fair offer.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx to dmbcanada

Premium Member

to dmbcanada
said by dmbcanada:

Sorry but I am on Marc and TSI's side, I agree that no what they did the customer wouldn't have been satisfied. He keeps pushing and pushing for more after he has agreed not to ask for more. He obviously has more issues than just no internet connection. I would like to see him try and resolve the same situation if he were with Bell or Rogers, they would totally crush his complaints and not give him any compensation.

This is the problem, there are NO SIDES in this. It's a matter between the customer and TSI. Yes he brought up a public complaint, no different than a negative review. It's not an invitation to take anyones side.

You stay neutral and have and feel free to voice an opinion, but there are not sides to stand on, this is not a grade 8 dance.

8 weeks was generous, but not unheard of as several have stated from the big guys like Rogers. Example: Rogers screwed up a cancellation and massively overcharged me on ECF. It went on for 4 months worth of arguing. We were handed 5 months of free service and 50% discount for 2 years with no contract. Not unheard of.

I agree with what Marc asked the OP to keep this offline as it should have remained from the start. Mac was an internal issue and honestly I am surprised that was announced he quit as a jab at the OP because Marc was hurt by the events that followed after days worth of work looking in to the issue.

I'll say it again, no sides to take. This is not a battle, just a dispute gone wrong from a customer that was previously irritated by TSI a year ago. It was an already doomed business relationship on the slightest mistake.
Tx

Tx to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

I've had trouble with installations with TekSavvy far far worse than the OP ever did, with far more downtime. You'd have to ask Rick, but I recall my initial install taking a month or more. Since then, I've personally gone through five TekSavvy installations (initial ADSL, second ADSL, experimental TPIA, initial VDSL2, second VDSL2). I even acted as a guinea pig for the TPIA service in Quebec, basically volunteering to subject myself to what was guaranteed to be a problem installation with all the effort on my part that entailed (and it did, multiple Videotron visits and a whole bunch of calls to get the issues resolved and the procedures ironed out). On top of all that, I've had more instances of my phone line getting cut than I can remember, and not every time was TekSavvy's handling of that perfect (in terms of following up, mainly).

On the whole, I think I've accumulated an order of magnitude more justification than the OP to be upset with TekSavvy. But you know what? Not only do I have a good relationship with the ISP on a personal level, I also do on a professional level, when it comes to stuff like MLPPP or CapSavvy. And do you know why that is? Because when something goes wrong, as frustrated as I get, I always treat customer service reps with respect and politeness. So even when I get the short end of the stick on something, the company I'm dealing with is still willing to deal with me on at worse a neutral basis.

You know something else? You're way more likely to get the compensation you're asking for (or closer to what you're asking for) for a problem when you're nice and polite to people. Because a customer service rep dealing with a nice and polite customer is going to be a lot more willing to help them out, and the customer will feel a lot better about the whole exchange even if they don't get what they want.

I don't manage to keep vitriol out of many other parts of my life (I've got a short temper), but dealing with customer service reps is one place I really make an extra effort for, and have succeeded, and it pays off. I don't think I've ever yelled at or swore at a CSR in my life.

Well said quite honestly... Some of the abuse a rep (specifically at an ISP) takes most of the general population have no clue.

I've had a slight issue back in the day with TSI and Rocky at the time took offence to something until i clarified and i like to believe i see Marc on a more personal level than just a CEO of an ISP.

The guy has been more honest with me via PM about things i cannot talk about that i just see him more as a friend (though never met) i can just tell he loves his business and is why he defended himself thick and thin.

Though there are no sides, i agree that freaking out on reps will lead absolutely nowhere.

Well said nonetheless Gus

Edit:

To Marc:

As i've said over the years on here I run a medium sized business and I've been in business for 16 years. I enjoy each customer on board as i love what i do but i've cancelled customers accounts due to abuse in helpdesk tickets/telephone support.

We usually refund unused portion of what they've paid and cut our losses.

I'd have cancelled and not given the option for them to stay. Sorry OP.

That said, you're going to run in to a huge problem because of what was announced you did for him that was ABOVE AND BEYOND. Other's are going to expect the same thing :s
MajorPewPew
join:2010-09-19

MajorPewPew to Guspaz

to Guspaz
But Guspaz, your case is different, you have a working relationship with Teksavvy and you volunteered knowing there will be problems in order to iron out the kinks in the procedure, and I will bet that you were well compensated for that. But you also have to keep in mind that in this day and age, patience and compassion is lacking from both sides. Customers get irritated extremely quickly because they paid good money for service, and any hiccups are viewed to be unacceptable and need to be quickly addressed or they'll start. CSRs on the other hand, deal with angry customer all day and have heard all kind of stories and become insensitive to the individual customer. When both sides becomes impatient, its basically a cock fight waiting to happen.

Like you Guspaz, I also have a short temper, but instead of cursing and getting pissed off all day, I give CS one chance of sorting it out. Once that try is gone, I simply cancel. If you cant get it right the first time, and the second time, you don't deserve my business. But not everyone does that, in the case of the OP, its screw up after screw up after screw up. Instead of giving the OP some decent compensation, he was met with a half baked offer which I'd take offense to too. If you screw up that much on a customer consecutively, you need to pony up the manpower or cash to make it right. People are receptive to cash, thats plain and simple.

Now as opposed to waiving $65, you lose a customer/ long term profits, and judging by the vindictive posts the OP has made, he'd probably actively siphon customers away from TSI as well. All of this over a measly $65 on ONE customer.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to Simpletwist

MVM

to Simpletwist
Only the cable line was volunteer, the other four setups were for myself, and some of those installs were really painful. The first one gave me about a month of downtime, and that was coming from a non-working Colba connection to begin with, so I had been without a properly working internet connection for something like two months (on Colba I was getting 0.3 Mbps and lots of packetloss on a 13 meg sync).
Expand your moderator at work

QuantumPimp
join:2012-02-19

QuantumPimp to Tx

to Tx

said by Tx:

I'll say it again, no sides to take. This is not a battle, just a dispute gone wrong from a customer that was previously irritated by TSI a year ago.

This.

By accepting the offer I hope the OP cools down enough to realize TekSavvy delivers an excellent product at a good price. It will serve him well for years, and years. He has a couple of months to reflect and reconsider. Or not. Up to him.

If anything this thread offers proof that TekSavvy Internet is not a service manned by automatons many thousands of miles away who don't give a shit. Kudos to Marc and his team. As a PR gesture I am 100% confused by the tactics. Regardless, TekSavvy has earned even more loyalty points.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak to Simpletwist

Premium Member

to Simpletwist
said by Simpletwist :

Fuck it, I'm keeping my service and shutting my mouth, I need the internet for work and I just completely give up

Yet again another customer that needs his internet for work, yet only has one provider, with no backup. Stupid, just stupid.

intelp4
join:2007-05-01

intelp4 to Tx

to Tx
said by Tx:

To Marc:

As i've said over the years on here I run a medium sized business and I've been in business for 16 years. I enjoy each customer on board as i love what i do but i've cancelled customers accounts due to abuse in helpdesk tickets/telephone support.

That said, you're going to run in to a huge problem because of what was announced you did for him that was ABOVE AND BEYOND. Other's are going to expect the same thing :s

TX, do you consider persistant calling to get "things" done right as "abusing"? In a demanding world like ours, how do you expect customers to keep silent if they do not get what they pay for?!!!

Although it is your business that you are operating, it is not only about reducing losses, but also about maintaining good customer reputation.

Anyway, I agree with you that Marc shouldn't be involved with each unhappy customer complaining, since it leads others to abuse his involvement. However, he is responsible to enforce some sort of quality control to improve support, and his interactions with customers will help him achieving that; resulting in better TSI customer relation.
The Mongoose
Toronto, ON

1 edit

The Mongoose

said by intelp4:

TX, do you consider persistant calling to get "things" done right as "abusing"? In a demanding world like ours, how do you expect customers to keep silent if they do not get what they pay for?!!!

I'm not speaking for Tx here, but I don't think persistent calls are seen as abusive. I think calling people assholes, screaming, swearing, making threats and being consistently belligerent is a different story.

Tx
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by The Mongoose:

said by intelp4:

I'm not speaking for Tx here, but I don't think persistent calls are seen as abusive. I think calling people assholes, screaming, swearing, making threats and being consistently belligerent is a different story.

Absolutely correct. You can call us 100 times in a day and my staff will be there to help you... most customers of ours that call in multiple times are kind of "shy" and say "i'm so sorry i don't mean to bother you guys" and it's our policy to always make a customer comfortable. They are NEVER bothering us.
said by intelp4:

said by Tx:

To Marc:

This is just an example not a true story of a customer but simply to give context.

I have customers quite often blaming us for outages when it's a simple dns routing issue with their ISP in their country/area. Some for example are understanding that it's not within our control and some down right get mean, dirty and irate.

We never cancel due to an irate customer because we all get frustrated. If you're having a bad day a simple set off pisses you off when on a regular day you'd laugh it off. Just how we as human beings are with our emotions.

Other times we have customers who due to this "outage/dns issue" will threaten since my reps in tickets use first names with first letter of their last name in their signature (their choice how they do their signature) and our reps are harassed and it goes to far where as an issue is escalated to me and at times i'll decide to call up a customer to work things out and other times if it's bad enough i say, no way and like Marc, stand behind my staff.

I simply send a pre-written notice of termination email with an explanation as to why it's being terminated and they are welcome to join us again after a 60 day cool off period.

It doesn't happen often, i can count on 2 hands in 16 years how many i've done it with but as demands get higher it's an increasing trend.