Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ragingwolf

join:2003-04-22
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

reply to Simpletwist

Re: Teksavvy Installation Nightmare - Letter to CEO (Followup)

Wow... If I was on the other other end of some of those calls, I would have politely warned the customer and disconnected. Verbally abusing the rep on the other end by swearing, yelling etc should be zero tolerance.

Sometimes I wish call centers would just add semi-block number type feature where if the customer calls back immediately, they would just be held in queue for a short time until they cool off and get their shit together. Eventually they'll get the message and at least talk in a more civilized manner >.>

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to My2Cents

said by My2Cents :

From the TSI home page...

At TekSavvy, you don't get just an ISP; you get an ISP that cares. We know you need choice, you need an alternative to the big guys, and you need to know at the end of the day we'll take care of you no matter what. We are committed to giving our customers the best service possible. In fact, we pride ourselves on that: on being able to give you more than you thought possible, all for a fair price, with great service, and with no contracts and no hidden fees.

Talk the talk, now walk the walk.

For most customers, they do. I've been far happier with TSI than I ever was with Rogers, Bell, or Cogeco. And that's true of every person I've referred, and every person I know who signed up on their own. No company is perfect, and tough situations come up. All you can judge them on is how hard they work to fix it, and whether or not they actually care if you get a resolution.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to dillyhammer

said by dillyhammer:

Fixed that for you.

Thanks!

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

1 recommendation

reply to ragingwolf

said by ragingwolf:

Sometimes I wish call centers would just add semi-block number type feature where if the customer calls back immediately, they would just be held in queue for a short time until they cool off and get their shit together.

I'm putting in a request to voip.ms for this. Hothead flag. Block/VM for 24 hours then release.

Fscking brilliant.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

My2Cents

@teksavvy.com
reply to The Mongoose

said by The Mongoose:

said by My2Cents :

From the TSI home page...

At TekSavvy, you don't get just an ISP; you get an ISP that cares. We know you need choice, you need an alternative to the big guys, and you need to know at the end of the day we'll take care of you no matter what. We are committed to giving our customers the best service possible. In fact, we pride ourselves on that: on being able to give you more than you thought possible, all for a fair price, with great service, and with no contracts and no hidden fees.

Talk the talk, now walk the walk.

For most customers, they do. I've been far happier with TSI than I ever was with Rogers, Bell, or Cogeco. And that's true of every person I've referred, and every person I know who signed up on their own. No company is perfect, and tough situations come up. All you can judge them on is how hard they work to fix it, and whether or not they actually care if you get a resolution.

"and you need to know at the end of the day we'll take care of you no matter what."

Well for me it wasn't quite the end of the day, it was 2 1/2 days later when they finally shipped a replacement modem that I asked to please be rushed and paid $30 shipping. Rather than just drive to Canada Computers and have a new modem in my hand within an hour, I decided to give my business to Teksavvy. What I got in return was no useful information on the phone, and a curt "pay up or we'll cancel your order in 48 hours" e-mail.

I'm not exactly feeling the love right now.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

said by My2Cents :

"and you need to know at the end of the day we'll take care of you no matter what."

Well for me it wasn't quite the end of the day, it was 2 1/2 days later when they finally shipped a replacement modem that I asked to please be rushed and paid $30 shipping. Rather than just drive to Canada Computers and have a new modem in my hand within an hour, I decided to give my business to Teksavvy. What I got in return was no useful information on the phone, and a curt "pay up or we'll cancel your order in 48 hours" e-mail.

I'm not exactly feeling the love right now.

Would you mind sending me a PM TSI Martin See Profileso we can look at this situation together. I'd like to find out what happened.

Or if you'd rather post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum we can look at things there as well.

Thanks,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin

cognizantt

join:2009-06-13
Montreal, QC
reply to Simpletwist

when all of this started, i had sympathy for the OP. the OP's followup thread (this one) pretty much destroyed that.
marc went well beyond anything reasonable to try to resolve the situation.
the OP countered with continued abuse.
in marc's shoes, i'd terminate the account. no company needs this garbage and i somehow doubt tsi is in need of the marginal profits the account generates.
going to the bbb/etc is pointless, as another posted clarified. marc's intervention is more than satisfactory, and no bureau is going to disagree on that point.
so it's just the OP continuing to vent his hostility.
considering his need for net service, he places himself in a fragile situation.
again, cut him off.

mac, if you're reading this, please go back to your job.
the sad part of customer service jobs is there are always clients like the OP more than happy to continue creating problems.
marc believes in you, has faith in your skills, and wants you back. as he is the CEO, what more can you ask ?

take a week or two off if you need to get your balance back, but go back. you have tsi's support and a lot of support from readers on these threads.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to Simpletwist

having worked in Tech Support and also in billing departments for Some of the Major Isps.. I can say someone quitting over an abusive customer is Sad but, part of the job if You care to much or cannot take the abuse which is part of the job u really shouldn't be doing it, Always important to remember that customers are mad at The problem not at You, now in macs Case once the customer threatened him i would have terminated the call and forwarded it to a manager myself.

I am with The majority here keep in Mind, I would not have credited simple twist 1 red cent, In-fact i would have Told him take it or leave it to bad. 2 Months Credit for 1 Missed Install date ? That's Ridiculous and all your doing there is feeding a squeaky wheel. he missed 1 weeks service, hes not a Biz customer, there is no entitlement or Sla for his service.. And he is a belligerent Ahole.. I dunno About you but if he does stay with teksavvy, i doubt hes worth the Income you will take years to recoop the redonkulous credit and Hes made it clear all he intends to do is use you for 2 months and move on. for the credit..

Honestly as a Decent honest teksavvy customer I Personally take offense That teksavvy still Does business with this Slimeball.

And I heap upon him the hope of DHCP errors or Modem Failure. Hes got a Large Karmic debt coming his way. Hope he enjoys paying it.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

My2Cents

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Martin

said by TSI Martin:

Would you mind sending me a PM TSI Martin See Profileso we can look at this situation together. I'd like to find out what happened.

Or if you'd rather post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum we can look at things there as well.

Thanks,
Martin

Hello Martin, It seems that I can't post in Direct forum or PM you.

Thank you for your response. Unlike the OP, I don't want any financial compensation, I don't want to discourage anyone from using Teksavvy, I don't want to get anybody in trouble, and I most certainly don't want someone to lose their job or quit in frustration. I would hope that my experience could help you to better serve the needs of the customer when they call.

Perhaps I was asking for something special when I enquired about express shipping; I didn't know, I was desperate to get my internet and voip phone back. I had planned to work from home for much of the following week. On my first call on Saturday I was disconnected while on hold waiting for the CSR to find out about shipping options. Up to that point he was very helpful and sympathetic to the fact that my modem got damaged by a lightening hit and we were having a pleasant conversation; nobody was swearing or yelling at anybody. While on hold my line went silent, no music. I waited for about 15 minutes then hung up thinking that TSI might be trying to call me back. I had used the callback feature { great feature, by the way } and gave the cell number I was holding. So Point 1... if a customer with whom you're having a pleasant conversation gets disconnected while on hold, put them back in the queue for a call-back.

On my second call on Monday morning, I was calling just to verify that the order had gone through. I was told that because of the call disconnect, the order process was cancelled. I also had to hold this time while shipping options were investigated. I was told... they don't like to do that... it will take 3 days as opposed to 3 - 5 days normal shipping. That didn't seem right to me since $30 buys you overnight delivery within Ontario. Basically the CSR, as pleasant as she may have been, and fully deserving to keep her job and even receive a raise, really had no idea how long it would take for me to receive a replacement modem. Once I had given all the details and requested the $30 express option, the CSR told me that this would be taken from the credit card on record. I asked if there even was a credit card on record; I honestly don't remember if I ever used a CC with TSI. At the beginning of the call I was asked "how do you pay for your service?" I answered "online banking". At this point I think the CSR was confused as how to handle this payment situation. Point 2... CSRs should have better access to such information as shipping times. Also, she should have transferred me to accounting as soon as there was any question of payment method that she couldn't answer. Here was a customer willing and eager to pay, just wanted to know how.

That evening, I got the infamous e-mail....

We have received your order; thank you for thinking of us.

As stated at time of registration, we are a prepaid service and we require confirmation of payment before we can process your order.

To make an online or telephone banking payment:

...snip...

Orders are held in our system for 48 hours. After that time the order is cancelled, and the process will need to be started over.

Point 3... This is not a very pleasant message; the kind that I would expect from Bell or Rogers, not from "an ISP that cares". "After that time the order is cancelled"? I really don't feel the "thank you for thinking of us" vibe of the opening statement. This was especially frustrating to receive after I had already said that my internet was down. I did the banking transaction while sitting in my car using a hot spot. My response e-mail may have hinted at my displeasure with this, and not being told this requirement on my earlier call.

I call in on Wednesday to check if the modem had been shipped. Someone has to be at home to sign for the package, so I want to get some idea of when that might be. I get a "maybe it will ship today, maybe tomorrow" response. Point 4.. Keep better track of customer orders and know the current status.

On Thursday I finally received a confirmation e-mail for my payment. No mention of whether or not the modem was shipped, no tracking number, nothing. In contrast, I ordered some additional network gear from a small Toronto company on a Friday morning. On that same afternoon I got a shipping confirmation notice with a tracking number that I could follow online and knew exactly when to expect a package. Delivery was Monday, and the shipping cost was $9.99. Now that's service!

The modem did arrive on Friday, but honestly if it had not.. after asking my wife to stay home for 2 days and wait for a package I didn't even know when to expect, I would have stopped at the Rogers store on the way home from work and asked if I could sign up on the spot and walk out of there with a modem. That's how frustrated I was, I was willing to make a deal with the devil, ugh!

Thanks for listening Martin.

Here's something you might find interesting about the CSR / Customer relationship...

»www.cbc.ca/doczone/episode/custo···ice.html

Rastan

join:2007-04-25
Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·voip.ms
reply to Simpletwist

mac, if you're reading this, please go back to your job.
I'd advise him to go back to his job but only until he finds something better. Tech support & customer service jobs stink! These people are forced to take crap from customers for problems they didn't cause and for things they are unable to fix and to top it all off, they're often forced to deal with jerks.

I don't think you can do this job and care for more than 6-12 months. After that point, most people either stop caring or the job gets to them and they quit.

Although I can understand why the OP is upset, Teksavvy needs to implement a policy that allows their employees to immediately disconnect the call once the customer becomes abusive. They also need to have enough managers to take escalations as this will cut down on these types of problem calls.

Rastan

join:2007-04-25
Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·voip.ms
reply to My2Cents

Here's something you might find interesting about the CSR / Customer relationship...

»www.cbc.ca/doczone/episode/custo···ice.html
Although I'm a fan of a lot of the shows on CBC, this particular show is hilarious. @ around 7:30 the mystery shopper muses that customers feel that customer service employees don't care about them and that it's sad. Newsflash genius, companies DO NOT care about you! If they did they wouldn't overcharge you and have business practices that would make the mafia wish they were in on the act.

For example, let's talk about banks. If you have a credit card with one of the major Canadian banks, you'll pay 19.99% interest if you're late on your payment. If the extraordinarily high and unfair interest rate isn't bad enough, how about paying this interest rate on your ENTIRE balance even if you've paid off 99% of it.

That's right; if your balance is $1000.00 and you pay $999.00, the 19.99% interest will be charged on the entire $1000.00, not the $1.00 you owe. And do you know why these banks do this? Because they care... not about you of course, but about maximizing their profits.

Bell, Rogers, Telus, Shaw, Cogeco...etc, also operate the same way. I won't put Teksavvy into this category because I think they're much better.

Customers need to wake up and realize that most companies couldn't care less about them. While it's true that they spend a lot of money pretending to care via feel good commercials and other media projects, their actions clearly show otherwise.

These companies provide all the sizzle but no steak and it's done by design because most people are easily fooled by someone who's been trained to be a smooth talker. How many times have you heard someone tell you that they bought that product or service from the telemarketer because he was no nice. That "nice" telemarketer doesn't think twice about misrepresenting what he's selling because he needs to meet his sales quota. Not meeting this quota will mean that he'll be looking for a new job next week.

Marc, DO NOT show this crappy video to your employees unless it's with the intention to mock it! It's total crap.
Expand your moderator at work

dra6o0n

join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON
reply to Simpletwist

Are you sure that Simpletwist isn't working for Rogers?

dra6o0n

join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·ITalkBB

1 edit
reply to Rastan

But it's not like they 'want' to screw you over if they can't care, those actions comes with great risks.

So in a sense, 'corporations' don't care, and if they bothered to mess with their customers, it'd be with power or abilities, like making it seem like it's not them that did it... Riiiiight?

It's kinda obvious that any 'common' companies these days won't simply cause ruckus and let the customers point the finger at them.

If anything, consider this:
Why is it that Rogers consider cancelling and re-signup method? Because they can 'hope' to cause trouble to the teksavvy customers and then let the customers blame them.

As for the bank quote above, quite frankly:
It's called simple interest, and it's what's killing my credit card...
The monetary system, and the credit system, are all devised for the bank's benefit in the end.
Yes the 'bank' is it's own faction.
Government works with 'banks' to systematically trade money with other countries.

And in the end, if Teksavvy's own employees do cause trouble and let it's own company take the blame, that's either:
a) Someone who hates his company
b) Someone who's paid to cause trouble
c) Someone who made a mistake without realizing how much cause and effect it creates.

In any case, Teksavvy is second party, quite powerless to their 1st party distributor (Rogers).
Interesting thing is that it seems everyone on the internet can complain and talk about issues and such, but very little can do anything about it, like we are conditioned to be unable to do so eh?

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to dra6o0n

said by dra6o0n:

Are you sure that Simpletwist isn't working for Rogers?

Rogers makes more $$$ of TPIA then they do off normal customers.

with TPIA they don't need to have CSR's sitting there waiting for calls for CS or Tech SUpport. SO they get all the money without the overheard.

kabes

join:2010-05-14
Kitchener, ON
reply to My2Cents

said by My2Cents :

Hello Martin, It seems that I can't post in Direct forum or PM you.

You need to register with the site and stop posting anonymously to be able to to do those things.

voxframe

join:2010-08-02
reply to Simpletwist

Ohhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaan

I ain't touching this one. I would get a lifelong ban here for screaming the words I want to right now...

Simpletwist, consider yourself lucky.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Simpletwist

If I were TSI, I'd fire you! Crappy customers are the reason why things are so expensive. While I do question the professionalism of posting customer / company dialogue, I think it was called for in this case. Rogers/Bell would never do that, but they'd also take you to the cleaners for what you did.

You should be ashamed if yourself.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

mazhurg
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON

While excesses by customers certainly affect quality of services, I would propose that the opposite is also very true. If a customer is too compliant, it also leads to exploitation and increase in cost to the customer.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

That's why we need a balanced approach. Still a lot of our expenses go to the 5% of users who either abuse the service or CSR's or both.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to My2Cents

Hi There My2Cents,

My manager would like to contact you about this situation. If you could post a reliable phone number and time in our direct forum that would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Liz

QuantumPimp

join:2012-02-19
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to J E F F

said by J E F F:

That's why we need a balanced approach. Still a lot of our expenses go to the 5% of users who either abuse the service or CSR's or both.

Crappy service is why I fired Rogers as a provider ten years ago and am instead a very happy TekSavvy customer.

Ahhhhhhhh ... and I see you proudly and arrogantly strut the Rogers' mantra about customers abusing the delecate and technically fragile Rogers internet service. How nice. Of course to be fair, you may want to say something about Rogers abusing 100% of their customers through aggressive billing practices and illegal contracts. Something TekSavvy does not do.

TekSavvy deserves a lot of respect because this thread demonstrates a willingness to work with even the most difficult customers. I think everyone here already knows all about Rogers. No need to remind us.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

I hate Rogers, if it makes you feel any better. Although it has nothing to with their lame CSR, it's from the greed above.

I like reading these Teksavvy threads because it will be my next move.
--

QuantumPimp

join:2012-02-19
Reviews:
·voip.ms

1 recommendation

said by J E F F:

I hate Rogers, if it makes you feel any better.

Sadly, yes it does. Sigh. A personal character flaw.

The OP may be a bad person, or may have some sort of emotional defect ... temporary or otherwise. I don't know. His behaviour certainly appears out of balance. TekSavvy has culpability in this particular situation too so it's not unprovoked.

All the talk of firing customers is just bravado. Who decides on the 5%? Does 5% become a goal? We must fire 5% of our customers this month ... let's form The Committee. Dear customer: You called our support department last month which makes you part of the 5%. We kindly request that you f*uck off! Thank you for your patronage, but seriously, f*uck you, from The Committee.

The public "finding of truths" in this thread between the OP and Marc served what purpose exactly? Weird.

The lack of finesse in dealing with this matter makes be think about TekSavvy as a company. Being a bit rough around the edges makes me like TekSavvy even more. You know you're not getting a polished turd from the CEO who will smile to your face all the while stabbing you in the back.

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

said by QuantumPimp:

The lack of finesse in dealing with this matter makes be think about TekSavvy as a company. Being a bit rough around the edges makes me like TekSavvy even more. You know you're not getting a polished turd from the CEO who will smile to your face all the while stabbing you in the back.

Back when we had the UBB stuff Bell focused on the shareholder. TSI focused on the public good. While TSI is a for profit company I do believe they have values about creating a good product with good value. They aren't looking at screwing people. They care about their reputation. Yes they make mistakes but at the end of the day I'd rather give my money to TSI or one of the other smaller ISPs who see me as a customer.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ruPTjIO···&t=1m19s