kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to Jackarino

Re: First impressions iPhone 5 - very positive

Getting flix in full screen is getting to be worth the other trouble. In farting around with the replacement youtube app I stumbled across a full upload of Usagi Drop...and am now stuck watching the whole thing using airplay. Mana-chan is irresistible.

Too bad the replacement youtube app relies on mirroring, the quality isn't as good as my iPhone 4's native Youtube app streaming. Guess it doesn't matter though since whatever I would be streaming too would have its own Youtube app (like ATV3).

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Chillin
Click for full size
Wifi (5GHz) is working fine for me, no problem maxing my pipe

Chillin
No i7, no care.
Premium
join:2002-04-22
Johnson City, TN
Cool story

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Is your phone's wifi still acting up or did it resolve itself.

Chillin
No i7, no care.
Premium
join:2002-04-22
Johnson City, TN
Dozens of tests at sub 600kb. Hit a couple that where 6mb. 2 iPads and 3 iPhones on the network, a iMac and a MacBook Pro and all Normal except my iPhone. So I guess to answer its sketchy.
--
Graphic Disorder

asgahsgj678

@cox.net
reply to skeechan
SKeechan Are you in 4g LTE territory? I'd like to see how fast ATt's network is with the IPhone not The WIFI network your connected too. LOL

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
I'm in 5x5 land so it sucks ass, about 4-5Mb usually. My Verizon MiFi here is easily double that and Clear (WiMax) typically 8Mb.

Zac
Premium
join:2001-09-12
Calgary, AB
reply to Cortland
I'm going to have say, that extra half an inch of screen space makes a big difference when doing emails and long texts, also the lightness of the phone is pretty noticable, Going to have to buy a couple extra lightning cables, one for my car, one for my laptop bag for emergencies.

Kind of surprised that Apple went back to a regular vibrating motor, rather than the Linear Oscillating motor they used in the 4s, I quite liked the feel and quietness of that, but that's just a minor detail. Haven't really done too much playing through everything new the phone has to offer, been waiting most of the day for my phone to finish restoring my iCloud backup, then I'll start playing.

Overall, I'm quite pleased, and even more so that I ordered at like 10:30 the day Telus started accepting Pre-Orders, and my iPhone was shipped at 6:30am today, and was delivered to me at work by noon.

Can't wait to head up to the City and do some LTE speed tests though, I've heard varying results of Telus getting 25-50mbps download and 10-25mbps upload... I'll find out first hand in a week or two.

Otherwise, Congrats and have fun to everyone else who got one! Now to see what battery life is like tomorrow. hehe
--
~There is no Normal or Abnormal... Just Diversity.
Member of Team Helix - Join Us?

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Mike
said by Mike:

I don't like the bigger screen at all.

I just might get a 4S.

nm getting used to it

i was gonna say....we can switch phones!!!
--
| map your city |

AnonFTW

@rr.com
reply to BellBoy
said by BellBoy:

This thing feels like a mock-up...like it's empty. Sexy as hell though...just have to be careful not to drop it.

The weight and dimensions have me very excited. I felt like a jackass with a 4+" phone strapped to my arm while in the gym or running. Without cinching it down hard enough to cut off my circulation, they would flop everywhere. I don't think that will be a problem with the 5.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to Cortland
The Misses & I love ours ... The iPhone 5 is quite an improvement over the 4. I believe skipping the S series is the easiest way to notice all of the enhancements.
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
My LTE (Verizon) is awesome great addition to my 4S

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
I did a speed test with AT&T when I got to work at 4:30AM this morning GRRRRR and download speeds were still 'slow' at 6Mb but uploads were 10Mb. I've never gotten 10Mb from AT&T LTE on my iPad. I wonder if it was just that it was before 5AM or if something is different in hardware that allows the iP5 to be faster than the new iPads.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
reply to Cortland
I just bought Apple Care too btw

Black_Mage
Premium
join:2012-09-12
USA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Cortland
I had a rocky start. The first problem was the camera app not working. I had to resort to resetting and restoring the phone. Fine after that. Then passbook was not working. I just tried it again and it's working. It will be more useful when they add more places. Overall though, I'm glad I made this purchase. Very nice phone. I like that it is less slippery than the iPhone 4. I'm much less likely to drop this one. I bought Square Trade insurance just in case.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
I definitely find the performance improvements noticeable, even on "4G". On AT&T LTE I saw speeds of 20mbps in Pasadena, CA.

It's way lighter. So light that it feels "hollow".

"Lightning" connector is annoying. We have "classic" dock iPods and accessories everywhere. It's nice that it's reversible but I'd rather have my old dock connector back.

I'm not sure about the longer screen. Nothing wrong with it, but I can't say it's really improving my experience much. Most of what I do is in portrait mode, and the limiting factor is the width (or when I do go landscape - the keyboard still severely limits the height).

I'm afraid the new metal backing will dent or scratch easily. I really liked the iPhone 4/4S's scratch resistance - I didn't really need a case.

The new earpods are actually probably one of the best improvements for me. Love them!
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO
reply to Cortland

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to djrobx
said by djrobx:

The new earpods are actually probably one of the best improvements for me. Love them!

I just bought a pair for my iPhone 4. I love them! They don't fall out of my ear or move around and the sound is great!

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
Its because the are "ear shaped"!

krazyboi
Premium
join:2008-06-27
Mckinney, TX
reply to BellBoy
said by BellBoy:

This thing feels like a mock-up...like it's empty. Sexy as hell though...just have to be careful not to drop it.

yeah this thing feels too light... about to order a case...

Used it all weekend and loving it... came from a 4 and see big improvements... LTE here is Dallas TX is awesome, getting 30m down... I did an iCloud backup and got everything over I wanted (contacts, apps with data, notes, calendar, etc).. ready to test out the battery life

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
reply to bobrk
I was surprised too. Easily as good as my Klipsch S4s without sealing the ear canal which for me makes them way more comfortable.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to Cortland
I don't like them. Bass is too high. Mids don't exists.

I like full ear rather than micros.