uniqs

avernar
join:2002-05-23
Plattsville, ON

avernar to Ree

to Ree

Re: PVR Drive Cycling

said by Ree:

My 8300HD has been cycling for awhile now. Can't wait until TV season starts up again and I find single episodes chopped up into 5 pieces because it decided to cycle while recording!

It does not cycle while recording. That actually a fix for the issue, just record something on the other tuner (a music channel for example as it's low bit rate) and the drive stays spinning all the time.
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree

said by avernar:

It does not cycle while recording. That actually a fix for the issue, just record something on the other tuner (a music channel for example as it's low bit rate) and the drive stays spinning all the time.

Ahh, so I wonder what my problem was back then...was really annoying to find 1 minute recorded followed by 1 minute lost followed by 15 minutes recorded followed by 1 minute lost followed by ... etc.

I had to resort to downloading episodes for awhile (which was kind of nice since there were no commercials to skip!)

avernar
join:2002-05-23
Plattsville, ON

avernar

said by Ree:

Ahh, so I wonder what my problem was back then...was really annoying to find 1 minute recorded followed by 1 minute lost followed by 15 minutes recorded followed by 1 minute lost followed by ... etc.

That sounds more of a signal loss issue.