The Limit
Premium
join:2007-09-25
Greensboro, NC
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to dave

Re: No Facebook at work? I'll look elsewhere...

I find that those who say "WORK EVERY SECOND ON THE CLOCK! MICROMANAGEMENT!" are usually the same people who actually don't work every second on the clock, or are in a nice position to tell us peons that this is how it should be for us, just because.

I've found that these same people don't hold up their end of the bargain either. You work hard, get your work done, etc but that other person who complains about unproductivity ends up being the unproductive one.

Some of you need to chill out. This isn't a matter of life and death, and I can tell you from experience and observation that employees are less productive when a manager is hovering over their shoulder every 5 minutes. Just because one person has a problem with self control, doesn't mean that everyone has a problem with self control.

The American way of thinking really bothers me. We work so that we can live, not the other way around. Work shouldn't be idolized, or become someone's identity. Period.

I am in agreement with you Dave.
--
"We will evaluate these integrals rigorously if we can, and non-rigorously if we must".
---Victor Moll, invited talk, Tom Osler Fest (April 17, 2010)