Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

[MoP] Mists of Pandaria Midnight Activation Details

said by Official Blizzard Forum: Zarhym :

The time is nearly upon us as the mists begin to part and a new age of discovery amidst turmoil begins! For those of you prepared to begin your adventures the moment Mists of Pandaria is launched in your region, we’ve put together some important details that should get your expedition underway.

As soon as we activate the new expansion content on launch, players who already have a Mists of Pandaria license with the data installed will gain instant access. If you’re in the game when the clock strikes midnight, you don’t even have to logout!

So, what happens at midnight for those of us with Mists ready to go?

A yellow System Message will appear in your Chat Log telling you to visit Orgrimmar or Stormwind to start your travels.Level-85 characters will receive a new quest, no matter where they are in the world, which will guide them to Varian or Garrosh for further orders. If you’re online at midnight you will receive the quest even if your Quest Log is full -- or you can visit Varian or Garrosh to get started on your journey to Pandaria.Level-85 players will notice their experience bars automatically change so that experience can once again be earned.Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a pandaren character will be enabled. (Reminder: This also applies to players who don’t have a Mists of Pandaria license, as all races are now included with a base copy of World of Warcraft.)Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a monk character will be enabled.
We’ve been very hard at work on this new technology with the goal of ensuring that players can enjoy a more stable and seamless transition into the next expansion than ever before. Our staff will be monitoring realm stability and gameplay issues around the clock, as we want to provide you with the best experience possible.

We’ll see you on Pandaria!

Okay... I'm now giddy. I blame the late-afternoon coffee...

--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Malanorei (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31
Midnight PST I assume?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Immer
still have days to go.

so will the MoP tabard vendor suddenly spawn?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to bpoff17
said by bpoff17:

Midnight PST I assume?

Most likely

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
reply to Immer
Yeah, It's midnight PST. I can't wait. I always love the start of a new Xpac. It looks sooo much better than Cata, too. I can't wait to hit the challenge modes, the Tillers dailies, and the new raids.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to Immer
About time, I'm going to skip the midnight waiting in line this time and get some extra sleep.

haha
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

said by bpoff17:

Midnight PST I assume?

Most likely

Most definitely. Confirmed in an earlier blue post.

Now I'm debating if I should actually go to the Irvine release. I was going to ditch out when the signing started since I didn't get a box copy. The Cata launch was pretty damn smooth, but the login servers didn't let me in for about 10 minutes (understandable).

Now I want to watch this magic in action.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to DarkLogix
Where does he spawn for alliance? I think I only found the horde one, but I never really looked for either.
--
He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Immer
finally get to see the cut scene for the battle, waiting sucks.

eve
Premium
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Nick D
said by Nick D:

said by DarkLogix:

said by bpoff17:

Midnight PST I assume?

Most likely

Most definitely. Confirmed in an earlier blue post.

Now I'm debating if I should actually go to the Irvine release. I was going to ditch out when the signing started since I didn't get a box copy. The Cata launch was pretty damn smooth, but the login servers didn't let me in for about 10 minutes (understandable).

Now I want to watch this magic in action.

Hilarity last launch came from people who stockpiled completed quests and then went to turn in at 12:01 only to see XP not being earned.
--
Hi. Bye.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to Immer
My kids read and asked me a question:
If they create a Panada, and don't have Mists, then where would it's starting area be?

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to Immer
So are we essentially IN MOP now? Meaning when we get the actual box software for our nice collector's edition, we don't need to actually run the install disc, just enter the key on the sleeve? I'm hoping my copy arrives the day it launches like Amazon has told me it will. Some of my guildies are planning to take the day off, but I'm working, so initial midnight start doesn't matter to me.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

1 edit
Amazon tells me my CE will be here the 25th

guess I'll be spending an extra $40 to get the plain digital ver to get in MoP at launch, and then applying teh CD key to get the extras

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
said by DarkLogix:

guess I'll be spending an extra $0 to get the plain digital ver to get in MoP at launch, and then applying teh CD key to get the extras

How you doing that?

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
Maybe he meant $ without the zero. Otherwise, I would like to know, too.

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium
join:2009-03-18
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2
I don't see the point in getting the physical CE. Artbook is nice and everything, but chances are you will only look through it once then put it back in the box.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

1 recommendation

reply to captokita
said by captokita:

said by DarkLogix:

guess I'll be spending an extra $0 to get the plain digital ver to get in MoP at launch, and then applying teh CD key to get the extras

How you doing that?

by missing the 4

Rogue Wolf
Ate the Leftover Chicken You Had Saved

join:2003-08-12
Troy, NY
said by DarkLogix:

said by captokita:

said by DarkLogix:

How you doing that?

by missing the 4

There any chance I can apply this trick to my bills?
--
I may have been born yesterday, but I've spent all afternoon downtown.

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON
reply to Immer
It'll be 12 hours of maintenance tomorrow.

Sadpanda

@consolidated.net
reply to Rogue Wolf
Yay for continuing to kill the midnight release experience for east coasters.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to Lothario
According to the notes from OP they won't restart the servers, at midnight PST MoP will 'auto-activate'

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to Immer
Reality: wait time to log in, massive lag to kill "watching" any change, and last minute patch just in case you thought you were "right on time".

Kidding aside, this seems pretty cool, and I am now getting some anticipation for this game. It has until Feb (when my annual pass runs out) to convince me to keep a sub, so far I haven't gotten far enough to even bother choosing talent points since the last patch on any toons lol.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
said by stvnbrs:

Reality: wait time to log in, massive lag to kill "watching" any change, and last minute patch just in case you thought you were "right on time".

Kidding aside, this seems pretty cool, and I am now getting some anticipation for this game. It has until Feb (when my annual pass runs out) to convince me to keep a sub, so far I haven't gotten far enough to even bother choosing talent points since the last patch on any toons lol.

Some people do not like the way the did the talent trees. I happen to enjoy it. You can really pick whatever you'd like to fit your playstyle or those you play with. The only complaint for me thus far is massive ganking. (I chose a PvP server, so I have to deal with it, but still hate it )
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
Got my digital copy today, will see you all tonight.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
said by Jobbie:

Got my digital copy today, will see you all tonight.

+1. Shouldn't you be playing GW2?