uniqs
share rss forum feed

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3

[PHONE] Digital Phone Self Install?

Anyone know if Cox is allowing self-install of Digital Phone? When I got it a few years back they required a truck roll, which was pretty silly because all he did was plug it in, make a test call to his cell phone, and left. Thanks.

CoxJimR
Premium,VIP
join:2002-01-17
Atlanta, GA

Yes, you can self install.

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3

said by CoxJimR:

Yes, you can self install.

Thanks Jim!

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

Does the phone/internet requires a special outlet? Or, can I put the modem anywhere in the house?

-Rob

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

said by Rob_:

Does the phone/internet requires a special outlet? Or, can I put the modem anywhere in the house?

-Rob

what special outlet Rob?

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

Where my internet is, there's an outlet with a blue thing on it. Not sure what that's for and was told you can't place the modem in any line in your house

-Rob

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

Who said that? Do you Havana a D3 modem and tier?

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

The cable rep when I ordered some 10 years ago. It had to be put in a spot, I'm sure that's changed and it doesn't matter. Yes, D3 modem.

-Rob

bryant313

join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Rob_

usually you can just plug a phone cable into the back of the tel1 on your modem and then into the phone jack on the wall and the whole home has phone service

some techs can wire it directly into the wiring for the phone

also they add a ground wire outside at the dmark that connects to the phone line

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
reply to Rob_

said by Rob_:

Where my internet is, there's an outlet with a blue thing on it. Not sure what that's for and was told you can't place the modem in any line in your house

-Rob

I wonder if you have those old ingress filters they used to put on everyone's tap that didn't have cable modem. I've seen installs where they put them on every port of the splitter except the one going to the cable modem.