spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Debi Lee
@comcast.net

Debi Lee

Anon

Um what the hell is the big deal?

I've been using Western Digital external DVR expander hard drives for like five years now via the SATA port on both my SA8300HD and Cisco R200N out in New Jersey. »www.wdc.com/en/products/ ··· x?id=360

Now personally I'd love to use this WD Sentinal DX4000 network storage. »www.wdc.com/en/products/ ··· x?id=610
Bob61571
join:2008-08-08
Washington, IL

Bob61571

Apricorn has been selling their branded DVR expanders for years.
Here's one for D*TV: (1.5TB or 2.0TB)
»www.apricorn.com/apricor ··· ctv.html

WD also listed models for VZ FiOS and Dish Network:
»store.westerndigital.com ··· 21986300

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit

Mike Wolf

Still don't see the big difference between the My Book AV, the My Book AV for Verizon, and the My Book AV for Dish, except that the original My Book AV is $139 and comes with both an eSATA and USB cable. The one for Verizon only comes with an eSATA cable and is $129. The one for Dish only comes with a USB cable and is $129. What they should have done was just lower the price for the original and be done with it. I dunno maybe I'm missing something. This feels like the same thing where TiVo claims that you have to use a TiVo certified DVR expander to work with their gear when really it's not law. Moxi has said that you can even use this »www.lacie.com/us/index.htm up to 4TB without a problem via eSATA.